AG Anything Goes Seasonal - Round 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Welcome to the Anything Goes Spring Seasonal! This seasonal will be part of the 2019 OM Tournament Circuit. Entering in this seasonal will earn you the points for an overall OM leaderboard, which contributes to achieving the prestigious OM Ribbon!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Anything Goes ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, double elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • US/UM cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Replays are recommended to prevent disputes.
Winners:
lotiasite vs Alex is AG God
BaconEatinAssassin vs Kong Harald
Arushi vs GRNBLN
default0 vs Pigeons

Losers:
PurpleGatorade vs Megazard
Dj Breloominati♬ vs Catalystic
LaBalladeDesCieux vs ADF Test
Silent Mobius vs Jrdn

Deadline is on Sunday 5/19 11:59 PM EST.
Extension Deadline is on Wednesday 5/15 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:
I usually try and get my ssnl games over asap, but my opponent has already said in the round 7 thread "to my r8 opp whoever that may be, im on camp next 3 days with limited/no reception so i probably wont be able to schedule till i come back on wednesday. sorry!! " -lotiasite

I am fine with this, just alerting all my fans that I apologize for the late games.

GL to all my fellow competitors.

Time for predicts, too lazy to give a full explanation tho

Winners:
lotiasite vs Alex is AG God
BaconEatinAssassin vs Kong Harald
Arushi vs GRNBLN
default0 vs Pigeons

Losers:
PurpleGatorade vs Megazard
Dj Breloominati♬ vs (winner of Catalystic vs Game Moderator) - GM wins bot
LaBalladeDesCieux vs ADF Test
(winner of Lithe Haze vs Silent Mobius) vs Jrdn - Mobius wins both

Skarpherim

is a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
gonna feel a lil bad after posting this but just know im playin. everyone is getting it though

dang tho im in round 8 winners vs how the fuck am i in round 8 winners

its been like 15 minutes and i still can't think of anything, damn you bacon
vs i am 99% going to bring stall

I FUCKING LOVE POISONCEUS vs I FUCKING LOVE POISONCEUS - this one should be good

most of my sets make literally no sense vs my tour teams consist of 4 ghostceus and viv webs, am i good? yer damn right - yeah probably

everyone likes me vs a lot of people don't like me - really looking forward to this

idk them vs (winner of win please vs everyone wonders why i need an extension every single week lol)

idk them vs not too familiar with but i'm sure they're winning

(winner of dat pogre stall tho.. vs my teams carry) vs i believe - gl jrdn

s/o velvet blood

Last edited:
gonna feel a lil bad after posting this but just know im playin. everyone is getting it though

dang tho im in round 8 winners vs how the fuck am i in round 8 winners
its been like 15 minutes and i still can't think of anything, damn you bacon
vs i am 99% going to bring stall
I FUCKING LOVE POISONCEUS vs I FUCKING LOVE POISONCEUS - this one should be good
most of my sets make literally no sense vs my tour teams consist of 4 ghostceus and viv webs, am i good? yer damn right - yeah probably
everyone likes me vs a lot of people don't like me - really looking forward to this
idk them vs (winner of win please vs everyone wonders why i need an extension every single week lol)
idk them vs not too familiar with but i'm sure they're winning
(winner of dat pogre stall tho.. vs my teams carry) vs i believe - gl jrdn
Reading this gave me depression, at least add space. :facepalm:

My pointless predicts
Winners:
lotiasite
vs Alex is AG God - Alex, you're the only one who had you as a favorite, let alone top 3.
BaconEatinAssassin vs Kong Harald - As much as I'd love to see Kong pull this off, Bacon's more brushed up and more seasoned as a player. I expect Kong to give him a run for his money though.
Arushi vs GRNBLN - slight edge to Arushi based on personal interactions w/ each player. Both very talented though and could go either way.
default0 vs Pigeons - I really hope default dan's espeed darkceus finally falls to the bird.

Losers:
PurpleGatorade vs Megazard - Easily the highlight of the round and could go either way. That being said, MZ has that consistency and hasn't been away as much like PG.
Dj Breloominati♬ vs (winner of Catalystic vs Game Moderator) - I expect Cata to win both games, though Robyn will put up a fight for sure. Just know that Shocking Charlotte is inferior to the mighty Bazooka Bob.
LaBalladeDesCieux vs ADF Test - Win the whole thing you dumb idiot
(winner of Lithe Haze vs Silent Mobius) vs Jrdn - I expect SM to win both, but Jrdn will definitely give him a run for his money.

Last edited:

ADF Test

Banned deucer.
lotiasite vs Alex is AG God- loti builds cool teams. i like him
BaconEatinAssassin vs Kong Harald- i love u bacon. you are a force
Arushi vs GRNBLN- amazing teambuilder. both are good players tho
default0 vs Pigeons- i want my rematch heh

Losers:

PurpleGatorade vs Megazard as much as it pains me to say this, it is almost certain unless purple can pull something out his ass
Dj Breloominati♬ vs (winner of Catalystic vs Game Moderator) - the best out of the two
LaBalladeDesCieux vs ADF Test - i suck
(winner of Lithe Haze vs Silent Mobius) vs Jrdn - mobius is good and stronk

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
Welcome to another installation of "Guy who always needs extensions and still doesn't play gets haxed in second round, develops Heatran fetish, and decides to post some totally not biased predictions for a cancer UM."

Winners:
lotiasite
vs Alex is AG God- I don't really know what reality Alex lives in where he has fans or that I actually like him, but he's basically barely played, and had hax on his side, the opponent choking, or bad oppos. AG community rests with you loti.

BaconEatinAssassin vs Kong Harald- Bacon has been on a good run, Harald needed to download some hacks to overcome bobjoejuan, and just barely.

Arushi vs GRNBLN- Bold predict, but grnbln has impressed me to no end this tour, and I really want to see how far he can carry this. While Arushi may be a better player on a surface level, Grn has overcome much better opponents and has insane momentum. Early Predict GRNBLN goes to semis

default0 vs Pigeons- Two people who have an inability to run a normal team apparently. Default is p average when actually playing, his only real advantage is the gimmick of his sets.

Losers:
Dj Breloominati♬ vs (winner of Catalystic vs Game Moderator)- Earlier would've said Robyn, but cata has hit a rhythm recently and can definitely bring these both home.
LaBalladeDesCieux vs ADF Test- I hope no one actually needs reasoning for this, however the curse of act calling Our Lord will haunt ADF forever.
(winner of Lithe Haze vs Silent Mobius) vs Jrdn- Mobius in two, Mobius in 3... This is going to be fun. Jrdn has shown that he has what it takes to beat the very best, depends on quality of teams he gets. Jrdn winning this won't shock me that much.

My dad works for Nintendo and he leaked that ssnl is actually pre recorded, and he told me Default Dan wins ssnl. Sorry for spoiling, come back in 3 weeks when I'm right.

Welcome to another installation of "Guy who always needs extensions and still doesn't play gets haxed in second round, develops Heatran fetish, and decides to post some totally not biased predictions for a cancer UM."

Winners:
lotiasite
vs Alex is AG God- I don't really know what reality Alex lives in where he has fans or that I actually like him, but he's basically barely played, and had hax on his side, the opponent choking, or bad oppos. AG community rests with you loti.

BaconEatinAssassin vs Kong Harald- Bacon has been on a good run, Harald needed to download some hacks to overcome bobjoejuan, and just barely.

Arushi vs GRNBLN- Bold predict, but grnbln has impressed me to no end this tour, and I really want to see how far he can carry this. While Arushi may be a better player on a surface level, Grn has overcome much better opponents and has insane momentum. Early Predict GRNBLN goes to semis

default0 vs Pigeons- Two people who have an inability to run a normal team apparently. Default is p average when actually playing, his only real advantage is the gimmick of his sets.

Losers:
Dj Breloominati♬ vs (winner of Catalystic vs Game Moderator)- Earlier would've said Robyn, but cata has hit a rhythm recently and can definitely bring these both home.
LaBalladeDesCieux vs ADF Test- I hope no one actually needs reasoning for this, however the curse of act calling Our Lord will haunt ADF forever.
(winner of Lithe Haze vs Silent Mobius) vs Jrdn- Mobius in two, Mobius in 3... This is going to be fun. Jrdn has shown that he has what it takes to beat the very best, depends on quality of teams he gets. Jrdn winning this won't shock me that much.

My dad works for Nintendo and he leaked that ssnl is actually pre recorded, and he told me Default Dan wins ssnl. Sorry for spoiling, come back in 3 weeks when I'm right.
There needs to be a dislike button for these type of posts

Game Moderator

Banned deucer.
I was gonna post this yesterday but I had my net cut early, calling act as Cata missed a scheduled time. Well, "missed". We scheduled on PS the day before, link: http://pastebin.com/raw/8YZMN2SF

Settled for Tuesday 10 PM my time, I was online at that time and I was playing a room tour, both Game Moderator and the alt I used to schedule with him (AGLTViv Adderall) redirected to Azu which proves he didn't even search for me, and additionally he wasn't even there for 1 minute.

Then claimed I wasn't there, while I tried to contact him on Smogon directly after (you can check his wall). We tried to reschedule but I said I wouldn't be able to make it so this is pretty unfair to me. I also opted for a double extension, no response to that either.

I actually have proof I was on during that time as I spoke with Arushii who pointed out to me what Cata said on his wall. This also breaks the 15 minute thing, he wasn't even there for 1. Someone asked me why I didn't contact Cata the second I saw him there and it's cause I wasn't there the second he got on, I was on discord, tournaments give an alert when it's your turn to play so I looked away and noticed he left only after I got back.

Fun and good games even though I should have played g2 better! GG and GL for the tour!
Easy early predict: Arushii to win the whole thing!
Its always a pleasure battling with you and seeing the cool ideas you come up with even if in this case thats means being so scared of sth that it really messed with my head and with what I wanted to bring LOL. Anyway deserved win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)