AG Anything Goes Seasonal - Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Welcome to the Anything Goes Spring Seasonal! This seasonal will be part of the 2019 OM Tournament Circuit. Entering in this seasonal will earn you the points for an overall OM leaderboard, which contributes to achieving the prestigious OM Ribbon!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Anything Goes ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, double elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • US/UM cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Replays are recommended to prevent disputes.
Winners:
Kong Harald vs bobjoejuan
Pigeons vs ADF Test
Velvet Blood vs default0
Satanic Beast vs lotiasite
BaconEatinAssassin vs ice-master-523
GRNBLN vs Jrdn
Alex is AG God vs Dj Breloominati♬
Lithe Haze vs Arushi

Losers:
Samboelrod vs Silent Mobius
Megazard vs Sificon
PurpleGatorade vs Deep Sea Sapphire
Game Moderator vs Chloe
Kaguya Lys vs Catalystic
TectonicDestroyer vs AnythingGoesLegend
LaBalladeDesCieux vs -RDKB-
Piggypassking vs 7shoes

Deadline is on Sunday 5/5 11:59 PM EST.
Extension Deadline is on Wednesday 5/1 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
predicts:
Winners:
Kong Harald
vs bobjoejuan - kong harald was good in gen 6 and the beginning of gen 7 from what i remember. i havent seen him play in a while but if he can keep up his play and teams from then he should be good. i know bob is a ladder hero but kong is formidable
Pigeons vs ADF Test - adf is actually really good from what i've seen and one of my personal favourites to make it far. pigeons is really good+ though so i while in believe in adf i think pigeons will take it if he uses something cool
Velvet Blood vs default0 - not as cut and dry as i initially thought cause default0 definitely has what it takes to make it far. velvet is super varied in team choice tho and backs it up with good play. bolded velvet's name pretty much solely on versatility and i swear he just does !randpoke 6 times and still wins
BaconEatinAssassin vs ice-master-523 - fun match, icemaster is pretty fun to watch and his playing is good but bacon is even more fun to watch. i rate bacon higher in both teambuilding and playing, and ive played bacon enough times to know he can take this one
GRNBLN vs Jrdn - slight upset but i think grn is a better teambuilder (mostly because he actually plays ag) whereas jrdn is the better player. jrdn constantly impresses me with his play and i think grn hasn't played that? much recently. jrdn had a great showing vs skarph and if you have a good showing vs skarph that's enough tbh
Alex is AG God vs Dj Breloominati♬ - as much as it pains me to bold alex's name and not dj's because dj is a friend alex actually plays ag and has more varied team choices. spitfire is cool but i don't think he knows enough about the meta to win this
Lithe Haze vs Arushi - i remember facing lithe on ladder with that one semistall team and wasn't that impressed but their showing have been decent. arushi is a cool teambuilder and has some really cool sets that i love facing (though sometimes her teams are kinda whack) and her play is spectacular as well. she'll make it far in this

Losers:
Samboelrod vs Silent Mobius - i personally don't think tttg is that good and he's also annoying :( he's still pretty decent though. i like both's teams though but i like mobius's a bit more
Megazard vs Sificon - zard will still make it far even in losers, maybe r9 or 10 or maybe even he'll finesse this seasonal and holy break his way to victory
PurpleGatorade vs Deep Sea Sapphire - dunno much about deep sea sapphire but they beat some okay players up to here. i really love pg's teams though and his playing is superb
(winner of nehtri vs Game Moderator) vs Chloe - tough but nehtri should beat robyn tho both are quite good. tossup between nehtri and chloe, chloe hasn't played that much recently but is still really good, so edge to her. if robyn beats nehtri chloe should still win
(winner of iKiQ vs Kaguya Lys) vs (winner of Catalystic vs Hassin627)
(winner of TectonicDestroyer vs A year in waiting) vs AnythingGoesLegend - agl's psyspam team actually looks pretty fun and good. their playing is also pretty decent
LaBalladeDesCieux vs -RDKB- - i think rdkb plays ubers? not sure?
Piggypassking vs 7shoes - 7shoes was pretty decent from my series with them and tho ppk beat zard that looked like a weird series to me personally

dont take these too seriously cause i havent been up to date on stuff!! just for fun :)

Lana

formerly pichus
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
OMPL Champion
contacted!! :3
requested by no one:
Winners:
Kong Harald
vs bobjoejuan - bob is the god of ladder but kong harald is pretty good, i dont see him losing this
Pigeons vs ADF Test - both very good players but ADF doesnt really use serious teams, altho he can def win if he preps
Velvet Blood vs default0 - again both good players but velvet has been doing very good in this tour
Satanic Beast vs lotiasite - loti is slightly rusty and edgar has been playing ag for pretty long now, its going to be a fun match to watch
BaconEatinAssassin vs ice-master-523 - both good players but bacon is really good. could go either way
GRNBLN vs Jrdn - i wouldve predicted jrdn to win but it looks like grnbln is back into ag after the r4 win vs chloe o-o jrdn could def win if he gets good teams which he probably will
Alex is AG God vs Dj Breloominati♬ - spitfire god arcanine
Lithe Haze vs Arushi - good matchup i really want arushi to win

Losers:
Samboelrod vs Silent Mobius - this round is full of highlights, this is definitely one of the best matchup this week. TTTG has been building some heat lately so mobius has to be prepared
Megazard vs Sificon
PurpleGatorade vs Deep Sea Sapphire
(winner of nehtri vs Game Moderator) vs Chloe
(winner of iKiQ vs Kaguya Lys) vs (winner of Catalystic vs Hassin627)
(winner of TectonicDestroyer vs A year in waiting) vs AnythingGoesLegend - could go either way but agl has been doing pretty well
LaBalladeDesCieux vs -RDKB- - ive only played one of these players and hes good so ill predict him to win
Piggypassking vs 7shoes

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
Im back from my depression of this meta to post some predicts:

Winners:
Kong Harald vs bobjoejuan- He's literally the GOAT, best player to ever live. Even being serious, this guy has completely surprised me with how far he has gone, and harald hasn't played much gen 7 ag. Guess bobjoejuan is not a meme anymore
Pigeons vs ADF Test- yeah, this one is a bit bias too, ADF's a cool guy, but literally all ADF has to do is bring monotype, and having battled his janky ass teams, he prob has like 39850 monotype AG teams
Velvet Blood vs. Default0- There's only so far you can go running shit like lum lunala
Satanic Beast vs Lotiasite- from what I have seen, Edgar hasn't been in amazing form lately, should make up for Loti's rustiness. Should be very close and could go either way
BaconEatinAssasin vs Ice Master 523- while Ice can pull it out, Bacon is just a superior player on p much all fronts
GRNBLN vs Jrdn- I'm not gonna bother predicting this lol
Alex is AG God vs DJ Breloominati- If someone were to look at replays, I'd not have this predict, but we'll see
Lithe Haze vs Arushii- Can't hax every opponent

Losers:
Samboelrod vs Silent Mobius- Yeah, claim bias, but fr tttg hmu gonna build furfrou HO
Megazard vs Sificon- some of these MU's look like r3 shit lol
PurpleGatorade vs Deep Sea Sapphire- yeah, if PGs in elite form it's over on preview
(winner of nehtri vs Game Moderator) vs Chloe- Chloe aint rigging tours anymore
Catalystic- Ransei, you aren't gonna make me write that all out
(winner of tectonic destroyer vs A year in waiting) vs AnythingGoesLegend- someone give Agl a hard MU, otherwise his flexing will end my existence
LaBalladeDesCieux vs RDKB- excuse me, who?
piggypassking vs 7shoes- Yeah, idrt that MZ win is justified in overrating this guy to the extent that it's been done.

ADF Test

Banned deucer.
Im back from my depression of this meta to post some predicts:

Winners:
Kong Harald vs bobjoejuan- He's literally the GOAT, best player to ever live. Even being serious, this guy has completely surprised me with how far he has gone, and harald hasn't played much gen 7 ag. Guess bobjoejuan is not a meme anymore
Pigeons vs ADF Test- yeah, this one is a bit bias too, ADF's a cool guy, but literally all ADF has to do is bring monotype, and having battled his janky ass teams, he prob has like 39850 monotype AG teams
Velvet Blood vs. Default0- There's only so far you can go running shit like lum lunala
Satanic Beast vs Lotiasite- from what I have seen, Edgar hasn't been in amazing form lately, should make up for Loti's rustiness. Should be very close and could go either way
BaconEatinAssasin vs Ice Master 523- while Ice can pull it out, Bacon is just a superior player on p much all fronts
GRNBLN vs Jrdn- I'm not gonna bother predicting this lol
Alex is AG God vs DJ Breloominati- If someone were to look at replays, I'd not have this predict, but we'll see
Lithe Haze vs Arushii- Can't hax every opponent

Losers:
Samboelrod vs Silent Mobius- Yeah, claim bias, but fr tttg hmu gonna build furfrou HO
Megazard vs Sificon- some of these MU's look like r3 shit lol
PurpleGatorade vs Deep Sea Sapphire- yeah, if PGs in elite form it's over on preview
(winner of nehtri vs Game Moderator) vs Chloe- Chloe aint rigging tours anymore
Catalystic- Ransei, you aren't gonna make me write that all out
(winner of tectonic destroyer vs A year in waiting) vs AnythingGoesLegend- someone give Agl a hard MU, otherwise his flexing will end my existence
LaBalladeDesCieux vs RDKB- excuse me, who?
piggypassking vs 7shoes- Yeah, idrt that MZ win is justified in overrating this guy to the extent that it's been done.
Furfro ho u say? Hhmmmm...
And its actually 41342 mono type teams

My predicts

Winners:
Kong Harald vs bobjoejuan - got kong, dont know much about either player though
Pigeons vs ADF Test - could go either way, but have to lean more in favor of pigeons based on experience
Velvet Blood vs default0-default is very good, but i think velvet is a little better
Satanic Beast vs lotiasite- edgar is the better player
BaconEatinAssassin vs ice-master-523- two amazing players, but bacon is one of the favorites for the entire tourney
GRNBLN vs Jrdn- grn might have more ag experience, but jrdn overall playing ability is hard to match, edge jrdn
Alex is AG God vs Dj Breloominati♬- dont like picking myself, but based on my previous performances i give myself the edge, also i dont rly know dj
Lithe Haze vs Arushi- arushi is pretty good but dont see much of him, edge lithe

Losers:
Samboelrod vs Silent Mobius- tttg is a rly solid player, but mobius is previous ssnl winner and overall probably the most skillful player in the tourney
Megazard vs Sificon- dont know sificon and mzard is top tier
PurpleGatorade vs Deep Sea Sapphire- i like deep sea sapphire but pg is on a diff level
(winner of nehtri vs Game Moderator) vs Chloe- incredibly hard to choose between any of these players, as i have them all around the same skill level however, ill give edge to game moderator for his ladder performance, and overall more activity in the ag meta
(winner of iKiQ vs Kaguya Lys) vs (winner of Catalystic vs Hassin627)- cata wins vs hassin, kaguya wins vs ikiq, cata beats kaguya
(winner of TectonicDestroyer vs A year in waiting) vs AnythingGoesLegend- tectonicdestroyer beats a year in waiting, agl crushes tectonicdestroyer
LaBalladeDesCieux vs -RDKB- dont know laballadedescieix while rdkb is a notably good player
Piggypassking vs 7shoes- beating mzard can only carry you so far, 7shoes wins

Contacted and awaiting my inevitable demise. In the mean time, I'll be even more annoying than what lotiasite said and post my own predicts.

Winners:
Kong Harald vs bobjoejuan- All hail our lord and savior
Pigeons vs ADF Test- as much as I want to predict in Pigeons' favor here, I think ADF is better than a lot of people realize. Also, if there's anyone I want to win this tour, it's ADF.
Velvet Blood vs. Default0- Espeed Arceus-Dark can only do so much
Satanic Beast vs Lotiasite- this could go either way, but edgar plays more and has some heat squads
BaconEatinAssasin vs Ice Master 523 - if bacon stopped eating ass he might do better in these tours
GRNBLN vs Jrdn- grn is my boi
Alex is AG God vs DJ Breloominati- I hope Alex loses but I still think he's the favorite in this particular matchup (not the whole tour...)
Lithe Haze vs Arushii- Arushii knows the heat I bring

Losers:
Megazard vs Sificon- they need to make Megazard the actual 3rd mega evolution of charizard already
(winner of nehtri vs Game Moderator) vs Chloe- Post Malone is talented, you fuck
Catalystic- i copy-pasted MDB's so im not writing the whole thing out either
(winner of tectonic destroyer vs A year in waiting) vs AnythingGoesLegend- P S Y S P A M
LaBalladeDesCieux vs RDKB- this guy's been doing relatively well against some of the harder players this tour i think
piggypassking vs 7shoes- you cant pass forever, or Bazooka Bob will come out to play

Also I may or may not be doing this to get closer to 100 posts so I can change my stupid Smogon name

Silent Mobius

Banned deucer.
Winners:
Kong Harald(60)
vs bobjoejuan(40) - I love bobjoejuan and know for a fact that he can play(I have played him plenty of times to know and he has beaten me a fair share), but the simple fact is that Kong is a class above and one of the best when he plays. Hyper voice arceus normal gen 6 anybody? Verdict: I think Bob's unique style of play can net him one win, but Kong will ultimately adjust and win in 3.
Pigeons(45) vs ADF Test(55)- This will be a hot match. Both are very good players and ADF is a very underrated player. Pigeons won the ssnl playoffs last year and ADF has had a lot of experience through the ladder and room tours. Verdict: This match could go either way, but as long as ADF familiarizes himself with the set teams Pigeons uses, I like his chances to pull the upset.
Velvet Blood(45) vs default0(55)- I have played both and can say they are both very good players. VB has previously went deep in big tours and Default has made a living winning room tours. Default uses unorthodox stuff that can throw off players. Furthermore, VB does not play as much as she used to and default plays a lot more. Slight edge to Default.
Satanic Beast(60) vs lotiasite(40)- Both are good players and know how to play the game. The difference is Loti does not play much anymore and Edgar does.
BaconEatinAssassin(50) vs ice-master-523(50)- This will be a highlight match for sure. Grab your popcorn and enjoy the spectacle these two will put on. Both are very well-versed in the game of mons and I could see either of these two winning it all. Both have topped the ladder recently as well. Verdict: too close to call.
GRNBLN vs Jrdn- Yet another juicy highlight match. I have played GRN quite a bit and know he is a very skilled player. I have never played Jrdn, but have seen his big tour performances and they can continue to impress. His epic match vs Skarph in the open and losing by only one move still flashes through my mind. Verdict: 50/50 if GRN preps well and 60/40 to Jrdn if he does not.
Alex is AG God(60) vs Dj Breloominati♬(40)- Alex continues to impress in this tour and I see him winning this one. However, he will need to add more teams to his arsenal if he wants to go all the way.
Lithe Haze(40) vs Arushi(60)- I love Lithe and will be rooting for her, but I do not see her winning this one. One of the reasons is that she is busy these days irl and does not play much. Arushi is a very good player and a sure-fire contender to win this tour. Advantage Arushi.

Losers:
Samboelrod vs Silent Mobius- I will not pick a winner, but Samboelrod has the goods to beat anybody and I know if I do not play well, it will be lights out for me.
Megazard vs Sificon- When is the last time Megazard did not reach the final stages of a big tour? Sry Sificon, I will eventually do my research.
PurpleGatorade vs Deep Sea Sapphire- PG will be riding high with confidence after that monster series vs Dockiva.
(winner of nehtri vs Game Moderator) vs Chloe- All three of these players are very good and are capable of getting through this. Verdict: 60/40 in favor of GM for GM vs Nehtri and 60/40 in favor of GM for GM vs Chloe. 60/40 in favor of Chloe if she faces Nehtri.
(winner of iKiQ vs Kaguya Lys) vs (winner of Catalystic vs Hassin627)- Cata is Cata and I still need to do my research.
(winner of TectonicDestroyer vs A year in waiting(40)) vs AnythingGoesLegend(60)- I have played AGL the most out of the three and his psyspam is very good. He is also the most skilled of the three imo.
LaBalladeDesCieux vs -RDKB- I do not know these players well enough, so I will not predict.
Piggypassking vs 7shoes- I have played PIggy a couple of times on ladder and can say he is a competent player. I do not know if I have played 7shoes or not, but he must be a competent player himself to have gotten this far. Verdict: If 7 shoes is the big bad wolf, Piggy will need a house of bricks to get through this one.

Last edited:

LBDC

From Eu to the Mont-Saint-Michel
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
won in 3 vs rdkb, ggs

and
Winners:
Kong Harald vs bobjoejuan- I have no opinion
Pigeons vs ADF Test- I played pigeons in this ssnl, while I do not know adf.
in my opinion, so such pigeons bring solids teams he should win this bo3.
Velvet Blood vs. Default0- default is a creative player and i think he will win
Satanic Beast vs Lotiasite- no opinion again
BaconEatinAssasin vs Ice Master 523 - both are involved in ag community, it should be one 50/50, I bet on Bacon
GRNBLN vs Jrdn- not really opinion
Alex is AG God vs DJ Breloominati- match between someone who main ag and a very competent player.
in my opinion alex will bring something rare like psyspam (oh wait i say psyspam is rare, something is wrong) or web,
while DJ Breloominati common and solid things. I see DJ Breloominati win in three.
Lithe Haze vs Arushii- arushii is notable good player while LH is, I believe, a player with a little less experience

Last edited:
Won in 3 in one of the craziest series of games I have ever done in my life. GGS @ayearinwaiting

s/o to Kong Harald for passing me a heat team which helped me learn how to play Stall and how to play against stall. GarbodorIsHot for teaching me how to play well in general for AG lol and how to tbuild [I managed to get good sets for that scrolling team and make it work decently enough ;) ].

NOTE: COSMIC POWER ARCEUS IS A MEME. U only use it if u want to stall a tournament in tours plaza or make players ragequit. Its NOT GOOD (although.... I have used it b4 to make players ragequit lol back when I just played AG for fun memes)

Last edited:

Game Moderator

Banned deucer.
I wasn't an hour late, I was there on time. The time was 2 PM GMT+8 Wednesday and I was there. I don't think this is fair to me considering I let him off the hook when he was not there at the last scheduled time either. Additionally, I gave him plenty of wiggle room, weren't these written on one of the scheduling help posts? Proof I was there:

[14:10:09] • AGLTRay Mobius bops
[14:10:42] AGOS2 k_OS: aye
[14:10:45] AGOS2 k_OS: wb
[14:11:43] AGOS2 k_OS: unfort Nehtri ended up calling activity :(
[14:11:48] AGLTRay Mobius: tf?
[14:11:59] AGLTRay Mobius: Is he still on?
[14:12:16] AGOS2 k_OS: I tried to persuade him, but he said you were already very late, was very tired and had grueling work shifts ahead
[14:12:17] AGLTRay Mobius: I asked tttg to tell him I'll be late ffs
[14:12:26] AGOS2 k_OS: he honestly did not want to :/
[14:12:26] AGLTRay Mobius: Is he still on rn
[14:12:46] AGOS2 k_OS: he left like 5 minutes before you came back :(
[14:13:51] AGOS2 k_OS: he honestly felt bad about doing it too
[14:14:07] AGLTRay Mobius: Should I not have let him off last time
[14:14:22] AGLTRay Mobius: I could've called act but didn't
[14:14:31] AGOS2 k_OS: he didn't believe they would grant an extension since there already was one
[14:14:37] AGOS2 k_OS: oh
[14:14:48] AGOS2 k_OS: I was not aware he missed a scheduled time
[14:15:51] AGLTRay Mobius: In all seriousness its not like we would've been able to finish 3 games in 5 mins either
[14:16:03] AGLTRay Mobius: if that is when he left and assuming I got on at 2 on the dot
[14:16:09] AGOS2 k_OS: yes
[14:16:11] AGLTRay Mobius: bs

Last edited:

Game Moderator

Banned deucer.
Samboelrod vs Silent Mobius

Simple. Have Bazooka Bob nuke the shit out of his balances. GG.

Edit: Not like Mobius hasn't won one or two, let someone else take it this time

I wasn't an hour late, I was there on time. The time was 2 PM GMT+8 Wednesday and I was there. I don't think this is fair to me considering I let him off the hook when he was not there at the last scheduled time either. Additionally, I gave him plenty of wiggle room, weren't these written on one of the scheduling help posts? Proof I was there:

[14:10:09] • AGLTRay Mobius bops
[14:10:42] AGOS2 k_OS: aye
[14:10:45] AGOS2 k_OS: wb
[14:11:43] AGOS2 k_OS: unfort Nehtri ended up calling activity :(
[14:11:48] AGLTRay Mobius: tf?
[14:11:59] AGLTRay Mobius: Is he still on?
[14:12:16] AGOS2 k_OS: I tried to persuade him, but he said you were already very late, was very tired and had grueling work shifts ahead
[14:12:17] AGLTRay Mobius: I asked tttg to tell him I'll be late ffs
[14:12:26] AGOS2 k_OS: he honestly did not want to :/
[14:12:26] AGLTRay Mobius: Is he still on rn
[14:12:46] AGOS2 k_OS: he left like 5 minutes before you came back :(
[14:13:51] AGOS2 k_OS: he honestly felt bad about doing it too
[14:14:07] AGLTRay Mobius: Should I not have let him off last time
[14:14:22] AGLTRay Mobius: I could've called act but didn't
[14:14:31] AGOS2 k_OS: he didn't believe they would grant an extension since there already was one
[14:14:37] AGOS2 k_OS: oh
[14:14:48] AGOS2 k_OS: I was not aware he missed a scheduled time
[14:15:51] AGLTRay Mobius: In all seriousness its not like we would've been able to finish 3 games in 5 mins either
[14:16:03] AGLTRay Mobius: if that is when he left and assuming I got on at 2 on the dot
[14:16:09] AGOS2 k_OS: yes
[14:16:11] AGLTRay Mobius: bs
In case it was unknown to your opponent, in this thread (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tournament-scheduling-guidelines.3642746/), it's clearly stated:
So you've been sitting on Pokemon Showdown, waiting for your opponent to show up so you can battle, but the clock keeps ticking and they're nowhere to be found. What do you do?

1) Give them some wiggle room. Standard wait time is 15 minutes; If your opponent isn't online and it's been 15 minutes since the scheduled time, their status has officially shifted from "a bit late" to "no-show." If they show up before then, call them a good-for-nothing sluggard and play your match.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)