AG Anything Goes Seasonal - Round 12 (Winner's Finals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Welcome to the Anything Goes Spring Seasonal! This seasonal will be part of the 2019 OM Tournament Circuit. Entering in this seasonal will earn you the points for an overall OM leaderboard, which contributes to achieving the prestigious OM Ribbon!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the Anything Goes ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, double elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • US/UM cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Replays are required.
Winners:
BaconEatinAssassin vs default0

Losers:
Kong Harald vs GRNBLN

Deadline is on Sunday 6/16 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:

Silent Mobius

Banned deucer.
At long last we have reached the equivalent of the NCAA final four. All four warriors have braved the treacherous terrain, faced many dangerous opponents and overcame every obstacle that was in their path. It was not quick, nor was it easy. Two of them could have given in to the temptation of dropping out after take a blow in winners, but pressed on and here they are. Each of these battlers have traversed different paths and are all hungry to make a name for themselves. Which of these four warriors will make it atop of Mt. Everest and etch themselves in the AG USM hall of fame? Now without further ado, whether you care or not, I present to you my semifinal predictions:

Winners:
BaconEatinAssassin(45) vs default0(55)- At this stage it is obviously clear that all of the remaining players are great. There were many whispers regarding some of defaults sets( es lead arceus dark, lum berry lunala, etc.). "This guy does not know what he is doing", "that does not make sense" and "how far could he possibly go with these sets?" However, this did not stop Default Dan Wham from doing it his way and he has been successful so far. He has been battle tested for sure---knocking off contenders Pigeons, Arushi and Velvet Blood in thrilling 3 setters. In his path we have BaconEatinAssassin, another great player that has sometimes been a bit under the radar. He won impressive 3 setters against Lotiasite( another good player that is under the radar) and most notably Ice-Master( another good player I believed could make noise this tour). Whether cured or uncured, bacon will give default everything he can handle. I pick default by the slightest of margins since he is probably the most battle tested of the two and because unorthodox stuff can tip the scale.

Losers:
Kong Harald(55) vs GRNBLN(45) - Back in the day, I remember facing GRN in gen 6 AG and boy has this guy made great strides. Is there any coincidence that he improved further after collaborating and building with Thimo for some time? A great player for sure. He has netted impressive wins against the likes of Jrdn, lotiasite and Alex the AG God. In his way is a dark horse with house money. Many of the newer players may not know about Kong, but I have played him many times in Gen 6 and some in SM. He is a very good player and has has beaten the likes of Arushi, Pigeons, Purple Gatorade, etc. This will be close and could go either way. I just feel it is Kong's time and he will edge his way to victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)