AG Anything Goes Ladder Tournament VI - Cycle 2 Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the tournament is over i will be posting a tierlist based on how funny the dqs are (yes i am that bored).

D tier: 1729is56time
Not much to say really the only dq in the tournament at which nothing interesting happened the guy boosted and that was kinda it.

C tier: Zorrycafe
This guy showed what real Ghosting is and he did a hell of a job doing it. This one isnt D tier because the guy he ghosted lost and that is kinda funny.

B tier: Ag is ass, lasombralegendaria
What can i say we both suffered the same faith getting a bullshit Ghosting ban, This one gets extra points to support my guy lasombralegendaria (i have no clue who he is)

A tier: Frito
This one is a personal favorite of mine, why or how did he not sign up untill the last day? This guy didnt enjoy laddering at all which gives bonus points. Also bonus points for qaulifying a second time anyways and using that nickname.

S tier: entryhazardous
Ah yes the entire reason why i decided to make the tier list. Now dont get me wrong this guy deserved the dq for sure forfeiting turn 1 like a idiot but how it was handled after is the funniest shit i have ever seen on smogon and that is a long list. Imagine this: you are geysers and its litteraly the last minute of the tournament. There is no way for you to gain the points needed to qaulify in time. But wait, the guy forfeits turn 1 and you now qaulify

Do you A: dq the guy admitting it was wrong and therefore not taking the qaulify.
B: dont dq the guy and take the qaulify because that way it atleast makes sence
Or C: you dq the guy admitting it was wrong and still take the qaulify Robbing someone of their number 8 spot.

Im glad it was option C otherwise this tierlist wouldnt have existed.

react with haha or you hate minorities

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
S tier: entryhazardous
Ah yes the entire reason why i decided to make the tier list. Now dont get me wrong this guy deserved the dq for sure forfeiting turn 1 like a idiot but how it was handled after is the funniest shit i have ever seen on smogon and that is a long list. Imagine this: you are geysers and its litteraly the last minute of the tournament. There is no way for you to gain the points needed to qaulify in time. But wait, the guy forfeits turn 1 and you now qaulify

Do you A: dq the guy admitting it was wrong and therefore not taking the qaulify.
B: dont dq the guy and take the qaulify because that way it atleast makes sence
Or C: you dq the guy admitting it was wrong and still take the qaulify Robbing someone of their number 8 spot.
If it helps you understand the decision better, here's former TD Luigi explaining in OLT why A is a terrible decision (and why C is standard practice at this point if there's no collusion between the thrower and the person benefiting).

B would of course be a blindingly idiotic call.

B is indeed a idiotic call. I would argue C is even more idiotic but you are free to disagree (also you didnt react haha so you hate minorities)
I think luigi explained it well in his olt post that was linked earlier but I will try to explain why C is not an idiotic call, imagine you match up with someone right at the deadline and you really don't want them to make it. You can play the game out and try to deny them points but you risk losing the game and letting them qualify anyways, If we go with option A then the person here can just forfeit turn 1 thus making sure that the person they just forfeited against can not qualify thus incentivizing nefarious users to forfeit games on purpose so they can deny qualification to users they don't like.
It may seem unfair that someone would qualify like this but so long as there is no collaboration between the person who forfeits the game and the user in question then I feel the best option would just to accept the points as valid and let the user qualify

I think luigi explained it well in his olt post that was linked earlier but I will try to explain why C is not an idiotic call, imagine you match up with someone right at the deadline and you really don't want them to make it. You can play the game out and try to deny them points but you risk losing the game and letting them qualify anyways, If we go with option A then the person here can just forfeit turn 1 thus making sure that the person they just forfeited against can not qualify thus incentivizing nefarious users to forfeit games on purpose so they can deny qualification to users they don't like.
It may seem unfair that someone would qualify like this but so long as there is no collaboration between the person who forfeits the game and the user in question then I feel the best option would just to accept the points as valid and let the user qualify

I would agree but the fact that it was litteraly the last minute of the tour and geysers only shot at getting the points makes it clear that option c isnt always the best choice. This makes it so that if someone wants someone to win they can just do it if they themselves arent gonna qaulify anyways. getting someone dqd from top 8 and getting someone into top 8 is the same thing but reverse. You still fuck someone over

(art by Albi)
This is a Type A tournament that will be included in the 2022 AG tournament circuit; learn more about it here.

Welcome to the sixth Anything Goes Ladder Tournament! The rules are pretty simple. Every week you try to ladder as high as you can on a new account, and the top 8 placers each week make it into playoffs. There are 2 weeks and 8 qualifiers per week, leading to a 16-person, best of 3, seeded single elimination playoffs bracket at the end. The primary seeding factor will be highest ELO achieved. If I qualify week 1 with an ELO of 1850 but then Seldanna qualifies week 2 with an ELO of 1900, Seldanna is still seeded higher (although if there are ties we'll default to week qualified, followed by placement on the ladder). That being said, once you qualify for playoffs you cannot ladder again in a later week to aim for a higher seed.

1. This will take place on the regular "[Gen 9] Anything Goes" ladder on the main Pokemon Showdown server.

2. The qualification period for the AGLT will run for a total of 2 cycles with roughly 7 days per cycles. After each 7 day cycle, the top 8 accounts that appear on the leaderboard (using ELO) will qualify for the playoffs of the AGLT.

3. Your account must contain a specific tag as a prefix to mark it as an AGLT tag. The prefixes will be random as an extra step to prevent people from guessing what next week's will be and laddering early.

4. In order to sign up, follow the Sign-Up format below and register your account on PS!
Template:

Sample:

The week 2 alt tag will be AGLT6WTS.

Alts must be registered on the day of the sign-up post or afterwards to prevent players from registering an account beforehand and laddering with it to gain an unfair advantage. I will be checking registration dates for any qualifying accounts to ensure people don't try to abuse the system. Please only include one alt in your sign-up post for each cycle. If something happens with said account that means you need a new account, delete your post and make a new one. It is advised that once you sign up here, you immediately register the account on PS afterwards so that no one steals the account listed. Also, alt names that break PS rules will not be allowed to qualify.

Given that this is a ladder tournament, tournament rules will be enforced. Any person found cheating will be subject to punishments.

Cycle 2 will conclude at 11:59 GMT+6 Sunday April 30th.
If you have any questions or queries, hit me up on Pokemon Showdown, Discord, or on my Smogon Profile. Good luck everyone!
Forum name: Itub
Cycle 2 Alt: AGLT6WTS
Did you read this whole post?: Yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)