Another RU team

Well here is another RU team that kinda stemed off of the last one but the problem lies in the weakness to SR which I cant seem to alleviate anyway the team has some great synergy with an amazing Fire, Water, Grass core.
And now to the team!!!

Ferroseed (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes

Well this Ferroseed is truly a fantastic special wall and not only that but it can take physical hits also extremely well, and on top of that it can lay down spikes. The only negative thing there is about ferroseed is that fact that its x4 weak to fire and x2 weak to fighting to fairly common types in the RU tier. To aleve (im pretty sure thats spelled wrong) the fighting weakness we have great synergy with my anti lead Haunter. And since fire is quite prevalant we have Entei who can take most fire hits extremely well but we also have thick fat Miltank who can take fire hits even better. So in general Ferroseed's weaknesses are covered so that it can truly shine as an amazing spiker and special wall for this team.

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam/Counter

And here is the other half of my defensive core and Blastoise is quite formidable when used in combination with ferroseed. I know that this is a fairly common defensive combination but it works so well that I had to emphasize it. Scald is the main form of stab here that not only allows blastoise to take physical hits much much better but also its natural special bulk lets it takes extremely powerful attacks from both side of the spectrum. Blastoise is also a very reliable spinner which is especially important on this team becasue of the weakness Entei and Braviary share to Stealth Rocks. The last move im not sure of which to have because Ice beam takes out things like Gligar but counter has saved me many times before. Help here would be appreciated.

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink
- Stealth Rock

Miltank is an especially great physical wall that just eats up fire and ice type attacks because of its ability thick fat. That in combination with a very reliable recovery move plus it can lay out Stealth Rocks makes Miltank my ideal pick for a bulky lead support role. Miltank works quite well with Haunter do to the fact that Haunter's biggest weakness being Ghost is fairly common in RU unlike psychic attacks and dark. And Miltank benegits from Haunter because of the immunity Haunter has to fighting attacks aimed at miltank.

Entei @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power (Grass)
- ExtremeSpeed

Entei is pretty much self explanatory. He is just a fire type that hits like an absolute monster. Entei completes my fire water grass core being the fire type... (if that wasnt obvious) Even bulky waters like blastoise that lack defensive investment take a hefty chunk of damage from a flare blitz. Hidden Power grass is there to check things like quagsire and Rhyperior two fairly common checks to Entei in the RU tier.

Braviary (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Alright so this is the one pokemon on my team that im extremely unsure about. Although Braviary has saved me late game on multiple occasions often times mid game when i switch him in to revenge kill something the damage falls short by just the smallest amount and then he gets taken out by priority or recoil damage from Brave Bird. Help here would be appreciated as I dont know a reliable replacement in RU but I was also thinking if I were to replace him it should be for something special as most of my team is physical.

Haunter (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

This Haunter is seriously awesome as an anti lead because he can outspeed most leads that will attempt to set up SR and taunt them, and then hit them pretty hard with a shadow ball. This gengar can also come in on cress thats asleep or setting up and use dbond as the attempt to psychic thinking hes just there as fodder. This really helps get rid of loads of walls that think they are safe to just KO me and then get rid of them rather than have them wall my team. I can play games with people minds and try to get them to try to get my last little bit of HP away with a status move where i will just taunt them. Immunity to toxic is also extremely helpful to my team as many of my walls would be hindered useless with toxic on them, even though Miltank has heal bell.

Well thats the team I love the RU tier and hope to see it become a little less stally because of the likes of Cresselia and maybe a little more hyper offense which is my prefered play style even though this team might not reflect that... well in any case the team has great synergy and is doing quite well in the RU tier!!!!

You could try Rain Dish > Torrent on Blastoise to take advantage of the Rain Dance teams and healing up to 12% w/ Leftovers.

Life Orb on Braviary, seeing as you mentioned it lacked a little bit more oomph.

well since rain teams are fairly uncommon in fact ive never encountered one in RU Torrent seems like the better ability especially since Blastoise has no reliable recovery move and if i were to use a life orb braviary then braviary to be far to slow for it to be viable its a nice thought though thanks for your feedback although i might try life orb braviary just because it seems like a cool idea

Hi, your team looks great and have good synergy together. I would just like to suggest a few things however.

Ferroseed is not gonna be doing much damage at all with Gyro Ball. I recommend replacing it with Thunder Wave to cripple common swtch-ins as well as supporting the team. You might consider Protect over Substitute too because it allows much more reliable scouting. Ferroseed is held back as a SubSeeder by its low speed and lack of offensive options so I think Protect would help him more in a support role. Of course Stealth Rock is also an option to free up a moveslot on Miltank.

On Blastoise, I would suggest using Roar instead of Toxic. This stops Pokemon such as Poliwrath, Crawdaunt and various Grass types from setting up on Blastoise (Scald and Ice Beam usually doesn't do enough to deter them) and makes Blastoise much more unpredictable. Since you have SR and Spikes, the phazing will be doing a lot of damage on its own so I don't think Toxic is needed.

Next thing I will suggest is replacing Braviary with a Choice Specs Yanmega. Tinted Lens Yanmega is notorious for being able to 2HKO nearly everything in the tier so it will be more useful than Braviary imo. It has access to U-Turn and Air Slash as well as Giga Drain for some healing should you need it. This is the set:

name: Choice Specs
move 1: Bug Buzz
move 2: Air Slash
move 3: Hidden Power [Ground]
move 4: U-Turn / Giga Drain
ability: Tinted Lens
item: Choice Specs
nature: Naive
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

It will work well with your team I feel because you have Rapid Spin support and SR and Spikes will really help Yanmega destroy everything. Paralysis support from Ferroseed will also help of course.

This brings me to the next thing. Maybe you can try Wish and Protect on Miltank instead of Milk Drink and Stealth Rock. This allows Miltank to further support the team and most importantly, switching from Miltank's Wish to Yanmega should be natural because of their fantastic synergy. This would allow Yanmega to be much more of a threat and be less impeded by Stealth Rock. Obviously Ferroseed will have to pick up SR duties.

Lastly, because of the switches that your two Choiced users (Yanmega and Entei) will force, I would recommend replacing Haunter with a bulkier and more reliable spin blocker. If you are more offensively inclined then Rotom would be a good choice for it's ability to threaten Blastoise and Claydol as well as being immune to Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee's Fighting STABs. Other spinners such as Sandslash are generally weak on the special side so can be handled by Rotom easily. It also gets Pain Split and is also a natural reciever of Miltank's Wishes. This is a set I think would work well:

name: RU Spin Blocker
move 1: Discharge / Thunderbolt
move 2: Shadow Ball
move 3: Pain Split
move 4: Substitute / Will-O-Wisp / Hidden Power [Grass]
ability: Levitate
item: Leftovers / Life Orb
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Discharge is for Paralysis support for the team, Shadow Ball is a good STAB and together they offer great super effective coverage against the top spinners in the tier. Pain Split keeps Rotom healthy. Substitute can help you win against Sucker Punchers such as the Hitmons but Will-O-Wisp will allow you to do that too along with nailing Ground types such as Rhyperior with a horrible Status. Hidden Power [Grass] is for outright killing Ground types as well as Gastrodon and Quagsire if you prefer that approach. Rotom has many other options such as Screens and Rest Talk that could work well with Heal Bell support so you can try those too.

Also don't fall into the trap of thinking there has to be a designated 'lead'. Any of your Pokemon can lead successfully so Haunter's lead set will not be a miss imo. Both Entei and Yanmega are great Pokemon to lead with because they will force your opponent to make certain moves and will often reveal their counters which is a great advantage to have at a early point in a match. U-Turn on Yanmega helps even more in this regard.

I hope my post wasn't too long, and good luck and have fun with your team!

thanks for taking your time to type all of that o do agree with replacing Sub and Gyro ball on Ferroseed and on blastoise roar does seem like a better option especially becuase of the hazards and helps with the synergy of the team more and i didnt know miltank got wish so ill definitly try that out as for the whole rotom thing it sounds like it would work much better than haunter I also like the ideas of both Honchkrow and Yanmega im going to test both of them out and see which one i like better or works better thanks for the feedback ill come back with my results

edit: Miltank doesnt get wish so that wont work but it was a nice thought

yea I didnt no that either until just now im kinda thinking about clefable because it would be doing the same thing its just not as physically bulky

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)