An "Insert Pokemon Image" tab in the thread maker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't explain with words just how frustrating it is to individually search for all of the pokemon sprites necessary to make a decent RMT thread, so I was thinking: "Why not just have a tab in the thread creation form where one can simply click "Insert Pokemon Sprite" and then click on a sprite from a popup list to insert into their post?" If Smogon had this, then it would be much easier to make RMT threads, and eliminate all of the tedious searching for sprites to use in your thread. What do you guys think?

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't really get how it's really frustrating; if you're making an RMT thread with sprites and not images, there a variety of things you can do. http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/POKEMONNAME links you directly to POKEMONNAME's Smogon page, which has a sprite handily located at the upper-left hand side... if you don't want to use Smogon, veekun, Bulbapedia, or heck even Serebii has them.

EDIT: If you mean backsprites, then afaik Smogon doesn't have them but almost all of the other websites do so it's quite easy.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
You can also use the [pimg] tag to recall images directly off of the site into your posts. How these tags work are as follows:

[noparse][pimg]1[/pimg][/noparse]

This is what I would enter if I wanted to insert Bulbasaur into my post. Since Bulbasaur's Pokedex number is 1, I put it in between the tags. If you type the above text into a post, the end result will look like this:

[pimg]1[/pimg]

Perfect! If you're wondering what number your sprite is, check out this guide for a complete index of all [pimg] numbers (make sure to thank sirndpt and RayJay for their hard work in compiling it). If you're looking for animated sprites and/or back sprites, then I recommend following this link. They are quite comprehensive and have lots of goodies to utilize. If any more questions or comments come up, feel free to send me a PM!

If you are referring to the faces of people you can insert in posts, then it would not be practical to have over 600 pokemon as click-to-insert if I am understanding correctly.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
the pimg is the closest you'll probably get and really isn't all that tough to use. It's a quick call-out for any image requiring only that you know the number; if you wanted a click-to-insert you'd have to deal with the trouble of not only programming it but also having to design a functional display that could fit 469 pokemon well into a relatively small space. In short, it's a lot of work for minimal-to-no benefit, and this thread will probably (no offence) be scrapped. As a closing note, [pimg]648[/pimg] (this is a really cool function and i wish i'd known of this in the past!)

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
theres 649 pokemon not 469

and having them all as click to insert buttons is just crazy shit

use the [pimg] tags as suggested by birkal's post it's real convenient i swear!

[pimg]171[/pimg]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)