Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 13 17.1%

• Total voters
Hello everyone, I'm here today to talk to you all about Ampharos and how flawless he is. It's a little early for Mancrush Monday but I just can't contain myself *fans face furiously*

Anyway, for those who don't know me or what I'm all about, my goal here is to make underused/underappreciated pokemon work well in this environment, and to convince everyone that Mega Ampharos is the #1 mega due to the written-in-stone rule that the quality of a pokemon is determined by the quality of said pokemon's mullet. This team here is my most successful one on PS!, and it is my baby.

That being said, it ain't perfect. Some days my ranking will skyrocket with this team as you see in the peak, and some days it plummets. We'll get into that at the end of the post, but for now, THE TEAM:

Barry (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 84 Atk / 20 SDef / 168 Def
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Zen Headbutt
- Toxic

BRONZONG ALWAYS LOOKS SO EXCITED. Anway, Bronzong is a very solid pokemon that doesn't see much use these days, and it's not surprising why. Due to the steel nerf, he suffered similar fates as Jirachi and Metagross, somewhat dropping in quality and drastically in usage. Bronzong is a very versatile stealth rock setter, as taunt and magic bounce don't present massive threats due to his decently powerful Gyro Ball, which can 2HKO Espeon at full health. Bronzong can also survive a Shadow Ball from Gengar, and OHKO in return with Zen Headbutt. In addition, Bronzong has near perfect defensive synergy with Ampharos, second only to Skarmory, whom I tried but simply doesn't fit on this team.

Amphabulous (Ampharos-Mega) (M) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 196 SDef / 64 SAtk
EVs: 220 HP / 208 SDef / 80 SAtk
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch

"The most optimized pivot switch in the game." I have to agree with that statement, as his movepool and bulk make him incredibly versatile. First off, he completely walls Talonflame and Rotom-W, C, & H, so big plus there. Ground switch ins are almost always guarenteed, with Excadrill being a common one. Which is in turn OHKO'd by Focus Blast (provided it doesn't miss.) Dragon pulse demolishes all dragons bar Multiscale Dragonite on the switch, and does a number on Landorus-T and Gliscor. Ampharos isn't a sweeper or wallbreaker, he's a pivot, so some support is required, but this is easily remedied, and with proper teammates, Ampharos can make his mark.

Momo (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SAtk / 220 SDef / 24 Def
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Mirror Coat
- Recover

Massive special tank. And after a burn on the switch in to Rotom-W, a massive mixed one. Mirror coat OHKO's Zard-Y after a Solarbeam, which it easily tanks. Not at all a stolen idea. Nope. Not me. Never. Never never. ANYway, ice beam nails dragons bar Char-X, Scald punishes Azumarill (sometimes, 30% burn isn't always super reliable), and access to instant recover gives it excellent longevity. Plus, Milotic has one of the best designs of all pokemon, which is the most important thing here.

Ulysses (Umbreon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 72 SDef / 176 Def / 8 Spd
EVs: 252 HP / 76 SDef / 176 Def / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Best mixed wall not in Ubers bar Cresselia, he blocks hits not quite as well as the lunar swan, but he's quite a bit more useful in this metagame, and much more threatening. I wish I had the battle video to confirm, but I have swept an entire team with this guy. Who's base attack is 65. Praise Jeezus for Foul Play. Besides being a tanky offensive threat, he is an excellent cleric. Not on the same level as the pink blobs, no, but much more versatile. Plus he doesn't look like a sentient ostrich egg, which is nice. Favorite Eeveelution hands down (fuck you Espeon)

Manny (Mamoswine) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 220 HP / 16 Atk / 92 Def / 176 SDef / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Ice Shart
- Icicle Crash/Icicle Spear
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Mamoswine can be easily lifted by a small child due to it actually being a superpowered furry beach ball with tusks, but damn is this one menacing beach ball. Thundurus-I is becoming increasingly more common, and this bad boy here checks the everloving fuck out of that hideous bastard (seriously the incarnates are the ugliest designs, I like fucking Luvdisc better). Knock-off is a must in this meta, and Mamoswine makes a fine use of it. It also halts the Speed variant of Deoxys-S from setting up more than one screen or hazard due to Knock Off's power and Ice Shart's priority. That being said, Bisharp wrecks his shit. Overall though, very good anti-lead, very solid pokemon. Assault vest also makes him hella tanky, and can survive a Greninja Hydro Pump at full health. Damn son.

Edit: Icicle Spear is now the preferred move to break through Gliscor, as he outspeeds most of my team, and is almost impossible to kill behind a Substitute.

Tessa (Togekiss) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 56 SAtk / 212 HP / 16 SDef / 224 Def
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower

THE MOST IRRITATING POKEMON IN THE HISTORY OF IRRITATING (that's actually a lie, fuck you Whimsicott). Toge is my Conkeldurr counter, whom otherwise wrecks my team. Flamethrower provides much needed coverage (fuck u ferrothorn), and Thunder Wave + Air Slash, well... everyone knows the drill. Togekiss has decent synergy with the rest of the team, but is the one I'm the most up in the air about at the moment.

Da Blade (Doublade) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 236 HP / 176 Atk / 96 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head

Absolutely brilliant physical wall AND wallbreaker. A match made in heaven.

EDIT: NOT A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN. Doublade still fails to deal with Conkeldurr well, as after his Eviolite is knocked off, Conkeldurr pretty much turns into John Wayne Gacy. THE SAVIOR:

Tony (Talonflame) @ Expert Belt/Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Roost

As much as I shied away from using this thing, I eventually had to make a choice: Do I want a beautiful team that is also incredibly solid, or stick on my path of uniqueness and be a patron and a saint to the pokemon of lower tiers?

Eventually, the choice was made.

After testing Hawlucha, Gardevoir, Gallade, Mushartna, Doublade, Gengar, Pigeot, Staraptor, Entei, Arcanine, Exeggutor, Scizor, Breloom, Armaldo, Cradily, Machamp, Zapdos, and god knows what else, I knew from the beginning that this was the only option available if my team were ever to be synergetically seamless, and bring it from unique and clever to something truly great.

And this has done that. Talonflame, a Pokemon I formerly despised, is something I must rely on to fill in the gap left by my other prized members. This thing does what every other team member fails to do: It counters Conkeldurr, 2HKOs the Pink Blobs after Stealth Rock, packs a powerful priority move, counters Mega Pinsir, makes room for a VoltTurn playstyle, counters Scizor, counters Breloom, assrapes Infernape, wrecks Volcarona, handles Mega Mawile... basically deals with every possible threat my team used to crumble to. And while I would have preferred, well, ANYTHING ELSE, this is really the only option.

And there you are, ladies and gents. Now let us get onto the threats:
Mega Pinsir. It tears my team a new asshole with his satanic aerialated cock.

The Pink Blobs. Bar Mamoswine they wall me to death.

Toxic Stall Gliscor. It should be made illegal.

Bulky setter-uppers. I don't have roar/whirlwind/haze. <-- STILL A MINOR ISSUE

I'm providing an importable, if you would like to test the team out for yourself and make changes/suggestions, please do so. Pretty please. Just 4 me.

Importable: http://pastebin.com/GSnC2aMw

EDIT: I have a request for all of you reading this. If you are an exceptional battler, please, try this team. I am not a good battler. As you can see at the bottom of the thread, I lost to my OWN TEAM, which I know EVERY NOOK AND CRANNY OF. It is my goal to top the ladder with this team, but I can't do it. I just can't, I'm not good enough. Hell, give me MirrorMola, or KILL OR KILL, or any other top-notch team, and I can't do jack shit with it. So, if you are a top-of-the-ladder player, please, try this team.

Or not, I'm a wall of text, not a cop.

Last edited:
This is one of the funniest RMT i ever read. And one with the most RU mons in OU.
For gliscor:

Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- HP Ice
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch

U can still hit dragon (better). The only thing u cannot hit is chari X. But chari 70% of times run earthquake, so i don't think u try to get the kill. Boltbeam is simply better of dragon pulse and tbolt. U can even try to replace tbolt. I don't think u use tbolt so much, with a so slow mon.

Is not easy at all fixing the pinsir/blob duo problem switching only one mon.
Even if i don't understand the problem with pinsir: u have bronzong. Yes, u lose some health, but u can kill him.

252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 168 Def Bronzong: 103-122 (30.4 - 36%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

I will try the team, because is really original, so i can give u more help.

This is one of the funniest RMT i ever read. And one with the most RU mons in OU.
For gliscor:

Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- HP Ice
- Focus Blast
- Volt Switch

U can still hit dragon (better). The only thing u cannot hit is chari X. But chari 70% of times run earthquake, so i don't think u try to get the kill. Boltbeam is simply better of dragon pulse and tbolt. U can even try to replace tbolt. I don't think u use tbolt so much, with a so slow mon.

Is not easy at all fixing the pinsir/blob duo problem switching only one mon.
Even if i don't understand the problem with pinsir: u have bronzong. Yes, u lose some health, but u can kill him.

252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 168 Def Bronzong: 103-122 (30.4 - 36%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

I will try the team, because is really original, so i can give u more help.
I think I'll try replacing thunderbolt with HP Ice, as I already have Volt Switch and I feel as though I need the extra neutral coverage; I will give it a try though, thanks

Bumpity bump. C'mon guys, mo' critiques if you please.

I see you, guys silently watching the thread.

Last edited:
imo i like this team! good work =)

i built it to play some battle in showdown and its so much fun.

i changed mamoswines knock off for stone edge. good surprise against volcarona. opponent mostly thought mamoswine was choiced. so they setup some quiver dances... but no! stone edge right into u! great surprise :P
mamoswine w assault vest is pretty bulky imo
i love it!

imo i like this team! good work =)

i built it to play some battle in showdown and its so much fun.

i changed mamoswines knock off for stone edge. good surprise against volcarona. opponent mostly thought mamoswine was choiced. so they setup some quiver dances... but no! stone edge right into u! great surprise :P
mamoswine w assault vest is pretty bulky imo
i love it!
I mainly use knock off to cripple the blobs, especially Chansey, but stone edge is very good for coverage. Glad you like the team! I'll keep fiddling with it

yeah, sorry for copying the team but i´m pretty noob in competitve and the teams ive built in the past are crappy^^
Nonono, do not apologize, the importable is there so you can do just that.

Edit: Also wtf is up with the voting, you guys must really like the number 4

Last edited:
I'd love to rate your team, but you could you please explain your EVs, I do not understand them. Thank you! :]

I'd love to rate your team, but you could you please explain your EVs, I do not understand them. Thank you! :]
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 196+ SpD Mega Ampharos: 229-273 (59.7 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock.

Guarentees it survives Greninja's Ice Beam, and OHKOs with Volt Switch

252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 212 HP / 224+ Def Togekiss: 252-299 (69.2 - 82.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 212 HP / 224+ Def Togekiss: 216-254 (59.3 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
56 SpA Togekiss Flamethrower vs. 32 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 214-252 (76.7 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Designed to survive most Bisharp variants, cripple with T-Wave, wound with Flamethrower, and pick off with another teammate (in a suboptimal situation).

I'll do the others later, as I'm a bit busy at the moment, but Mamoswine survives a Life Orbed Timid-natured Greninja Hydro Pump after stealth rock like 88% of the time or something close to that.

Silly! It changes to Ice-type, so Volt Switch will not OHKO no matter what
252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Volt Switch vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 199-235 (69.5 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
And I meant for all of them because they're admittedly pretty funky.

Silly! It changes to Ice-type, so Volt Switch will not OHKO no matter what
252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Volt Switch vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 199-235 (69.5 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
And I meant for all of them because they're admittedly pretty funky.
I know you want them all, but I'm on my phone and the damage calc website is a royal pain in the ass to use on mobile, so I'll provide more later.

64 SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Volt Switch vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 162-192 (56.6 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Still a hefty chunk, and after that much damage taken,
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 236 HP / 20+ SpD Bronzong: 229-273 (68.5 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
84 Atk Bronzong Gyro Ball (103 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 153-181 (53.4 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Bronzong take a dark pulse and finish off with with Gyro Ball. Or, just wall him with Milotic and force a switch.

Also for Zong,
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 236 HP / 168 Def Bronzong: 196-232 (58.6 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 236 HP / 168 Def Bronzong: 294-346 (88 - 103.5%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

If they both serve as leads, more often than not Bronzong can survive a Knock Off from Azumarill and get Stealth Rock up. I know it seems like a lot of these EVs are kind of shaky, but I'm trying to cover a bunch of different threats here.

Also,
84 Atk Bronzong Zen Headbutt vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 260-308 (99.2 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 236 HP / 20+ SpD Bronzong: 206-246 (61.6 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

fuck you gengar

New to this rating thing too xD
For a special wall why not Jellicent? Its stats are not far from Milotic and can even block things like Rapid Spin.
If you do take Jellicent into consideration try
252 HP/ 252 SpD/ 4 Def
Nature: Bold/Calm (Special Wall I would recommend Calm...)
Ability: Water Absorb
Moveset:
Recover
Will O Wisp
Scald
Hex

It may sound kinda crazy but this moveset is amazing... At least when I use it :D

Other then that this is a great team. Everything seems put into place

New to this rating thing too xD
For a special wall why not Jellicent? Its stats are not far from Milotic and can even block things like Rapid Spin.
If you do take Jellicent into consideration try
252 HP/ 252 SpD/ 4 Def
Nature: Bold/Calm (Special Wall I would recommend Calm...)
Ability: Water Absorb
Moveset:
Recover
Will O Wisp
Scald
Hex

It may sound kinda crazy but this moveset is amazing... At least when I use it :D

Other then that this is a great team. Everything seems put into place
Jellicent is very good, but I specifically have Milotic due to access to Mirror Coat, and I don't want double ghost weaknesses with Aegislash running about all willy nilly. Plus, factoring Marvel Scale, after a burn Milotic trumps Jellicent in both departments.

Jellicent is very good, but I specifically have Milotic due to access to Mirror Coat, and I don't want double ghost weaknesses with Aegislash running about all willy nilly. Plus, factoring Marvel Scale, after a burn Milotic trumps Jellicent in both departments.
That makes sense... anyway nice team seems like you have everything under control

Pretty sexy team you've got there. Mega Ampharos truly has the locks of a god. Anyways, I propose you get rid of Togekiss for a Scarf Gothitelle. Here is my reasoning:
1) Gothitelle traps bulky setup sweepers and then can trick them a scarf, effectively shutting down a sweep by locking them into a boosting move.
2) The pink blobs hate scarves.
3) You can bait Conkeldurr into going for a fighting move on Umbreon, the switch into Goth, trapping him. Proceed to mess him up.

Here's the set:
Code:
Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psychic/Psyshock
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt/HP Fighting

Pretty sexy team you've got there. Mega Ampharos truly has the locks of a god. Anyways, I propose you get rid of Togekiss for a Scarf Gothitelle. Here is my reasoning:
1) Gothitelle traps bulky setup sweepers and then can trick them a scarf, effectively shutting down a sweep by locking them into a boosting move.
2) The pink blobs hate scarves.
3) You can bait Conkeldurr into going for a fighting move on Umbreon, the switch into Goth, trapping him. Proceed to mess him up.

Here's the set:
Code:
Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psychic/Psyshock
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt/HP Fighting
OooooooooOooOOOOooo... this looks really good actually... I haven't run the calcs, but what're its chances of surviving a Conk knock-off? I'm assuming psyshock fails to OHKO the brute

You'd better bet your ass that that's a good set. Anyways, knock off does 90.7 -107%, a guaranteed OHKO after SR. Psyshock and Psychic are guaranteed 2HKOs, so you'll need to wear Conk down a little, which might be hard considering Drain Punch. Another option is specs over scarf, which allows goth to become a wall breaker, not a revenge killer. In that case, goth can KO full health conk around 50% if the time. I hope this helps!

You'd better bet your ass that that's a good set. Anyways, knock off does 90.7 -107%, a guaranteed OHKO after SR. Psyshock and Psychic are guaranteed 2HKOs, so you'll need to wear Conk down a little, which might be hard considering Drain Punch. Another option is specs over scarf, which allows goth to become a wall breaker, not a revenge killer. In that case, goth can KO full health conk around 50% if the time. I hope this helps!
With stealth rock, I think specs is the better option here. I'll give it a go when I get home.

Edit: Gothitelle is the new bebejeezuz for thus team, Hjwang I owe you my firstborn child. However it still ain't perfect, I might have to mess with it a bit

Edit: hmm. Togekiss learns trick too...

Last edited:
OHOHOHOH HJWANGHJWANG I FOUND AN ANSWER TO MY PROBLEMS in the name of GARDEVOIR!!!!!
Gardevoir @ Choice Specs
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 196 HP / 36 SDef / 16 Spd / 8 Def
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast/Signal Beam
- Trick
I'll twerk with the moveset and EVs a bit more, but she OHKOs Conkelderp and 2HKOs Blissey (FUCK YOU BLISSEY)

Edit: Now trying a SubCM set with life orb, to much greater success. Max speed, max SpAtk. Although I'm tempted to try double megas and use Hyper Voice to break Gliscor; I haven't tried yet, but it sounds very promising

Edit: jk Gardevoir is way too frail to survive anything

Last edited:
have you looked into crobat? I believe he is an effective conkeldur counter, not to mention defog, taunt, infaltrator, u-turn, and four wings....FOUR!
Crobat sounds pretty neat, and four wings>two wings, and I'll give it a go, but I really feel that Talonflame is here to stay.

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
Wot les do dis

Bronzong

The first thing I see here is extremely EVs. Why do you need 20 EVs in SDef? You should just drop them into Attack, since you already have maxed out HP. Everything else seems good, I guess.

Ampharos

Tis' good

Milotic

I've never seen a set like this before. I'm used to seeing usually Toxic + Recover and all that other shit. Mirror Coat could work, but it may be a little gimmicky and you don't want to end up getting killed before you return the damage. I would use Toxic Stall instead.

Umbreon

:]

Mamoswine

Dude, invest in attack. What most people don't get when you're using Assault Vest is that you don't need to invest in special defense. You can totally invest in HP, but investing in Special Defense completely defeats the purpose. Assault Vest is basically already investing in special defense without having too. Everything else is good, but I wouldn't recommend using Icicle Spear instead of Icicle Crash.

Talonflame

This is good, but may I suggest the choice band item instead? Choice Band Gale Wings STAB Brave Bird OHKOs most things. Everything else is good. BTW, Roost can work on choice band sets as long as you have a defogger.

Good team dude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)