AMAGOD UBERS

Introduction
I always was a huge fan of the Uber metagame, mainly because of how everything there hit like a nuclear bomb. Among all of these hard-hitting monsters, I grew quite fond of Dragon Dance Rayquaza. DD Ray hits a lot harder than a lot of other ubers. Then an idea came to my head: Build a team around Ray! It seemed a little bit too complicated, but I found it to be a lot more fun than I thought it'd be. The main idea is to get Stealth Rock up early. This is so because many of Ray's counters rely on being at max health when switching in. SR cripples Lugia and, if possible, paralysis with screw it over even more. I've invested in revenge killers and a status absorber, all for RayRay.
The Team

Groudon
@ Lum Berry
Adamant
252 HP/156 Att/32 Def/60 SpD/10 Spe
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Dragon Claw​

Flavour Text:
Support Groudon is a magnificent beast indeed. Foe suicide leads not using Taunt get paralysed, which helps Ray later on in the game if he feels like banishing them to the depths of hell. Stealth Rock is the icing on this spread. Dragon Claw and Earthquake are there, just for coverage mainly. I'd use Fire Punch, but this team hates Heatran, and giving it a Flash Fire boost is a big no-no. Lum Berry helps with Darkrai leads.

Palkia
@ Choice Scarf
Timid
252 SpA/252 Spe/6 HP
Draco Meteor
Spacial Rend
Fire Blast
Thunder​

Flavour Text:
My main revenge killer (and a great one at that!) Outruns even max speed Rayquaza after a Dragon Dance, something that this team undeniably hates. Draco Meteor is the main STAB, and 2HKO's all but support Groudon. Spacial Rend is the weaker, more reliable option. Fire Blast, in the sun, is like a psuedo-STAB and works wonderfully in killing off Steels that wall Rayquaza. Thunder to hammer things like Kyogre.

Dialga
@ Leftovers
Careful
252 HP/252 SpD/6 Spe
Bulk Up
Outrage
Rest
Sleep Talk​

Flavour Text:
Main Kyogre counter and status absorber. Also takes unboosted hits from Special Palkia in the long run. Outrage is an excellent addition to this guys movepool due to Sleep Talk giving him multiple chances to use this sacred move. Dialga also can outstall things like Blissey thanks to his over-looked ability in Pressure. These two mixes of offensive and defensive capabilities makes Dialga a staple in my team.

Rayquaza
@ Life Orb
Jolly
252 Att/252 Spe/6 HP
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Extremespeed​

Flavour Text:
Here he is; the star of the show! DD Ray is my favorite uber Pokemon of all time! After an DD, and with Stealth Rock support, Lugia stands absolutely no chance. The moveset is heavily walled by floaty steels, but even Skarmory doesn't like DD boosted Outrages, especially not off that beastly 150 Attack. Finding a safe way to bring him in is a pain, but the results are well worth it. Yes, I know I used SD, but its slowness hurt me more than I thought it would.

Mewtwo
@ Life Orb
Timid
42 HP/252 SpA/216 Spe
Calm Mind
Recover
Ice Beam/Shadow Ball
Aura Sphere​

Flavour Text:
An absolute nightmare for most teams. The coverage of both Fighting/Ice and Fighting/Ghost are excellent, the second one scoring a neutral hit on everything in the entire game. Recover is an excellent option that lets Mewtwo sweep longer. Calm Mind is what makes the set; I need not explain. Life Orb solely because I canot OHKO Tyranitar without it, this is so because they run extremely bulky sets.

Metagross
@ Choice Band
Adamant
210 HP/140 Att/160 SpD
Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch/Pursuit
Explosion
Earthquake​

Flavour Text:
Many people pass off Metagross now as a weaker version of Scizor, however, I highly disagree. Metagross's Explosion is a complete monster of an attack, even beastlier than his animalistic Meteor Mash. Bullet Punch has seemed more useful to me, although Pursuit looks better on paper. I absolutely adore this guy, and'll likely not lose him since he offers a dragon/ice resist, something this team sorely lacks.

SD Ray is pretty much the most dangerous Uber in my opinion. I'm having a lot of trouble facing it even when I'm packing a "counter".

However, your Rayquaza is a lot easy to counter, simply because of outrage. A lot of Lugias are EV'd to outspeed Jolly Ray and KO with ice beam. Also, if you lock your self into outrage you're really vulnerable to common revenge killers such as ScarfPalkia and ScarfChomp(actually, they outspeed you even without a scarf). Keep in mind that both of them will fall to a +2 Extreemspeed(If Palkia is not Hasty and full health then it has a chance to live). Hell, even Darkrai can come in and put you to sleep if you're locked into outrage.

With all that said I really recommend replacing Outrage with Dragon Claw. SD Rays offense should mainly be Extreemespeed to KO pretty much anything that doesn't resist it and those who do will fall to Earthquake(Metagross, Dialga). Dragon Claw is there for Giratina and should only be used against slower foes.

I would also share a little tactic. Dialga with toxic helps a lot open up a Ray sweep. The most common switches in Dialga are Lugia and Groudon. Coincidentally, these are the same switch ins against Ray. If you Toxic on the switch, Lugia and Groudon would not be capable of tanking for too long. If you weaken them just enough they would no longer pose a threat.

Hope I helped. :)

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wow, thats a good team. Closest thing I can find to a weakness is Scarf Palkia, who gets beaten by prediction. Nice work.

The only advice i can really give is Thunder on Palkia instead of Toxic. Toxic still gives Deoxys time to set up spikes, once thats done, hes done his job. You're better off using it to set up Mewtwo, Dialga or Rayquaza. Thunder is for Kyorge, teams need many ways to beat him due to his immense power and popularity.

Give yourself a pat on the back, good team, good team.

SD Ray is pretty much the most dangerous Uber in my opinion. I'm having a lot of trouble facing it even when I'm packing a "counter".

However, your Rayquaza is a lot easy to counter, simply because of outrage. A lot of Lugias are EV'd to outspeed Jolly Ray and KO with ice beam. Also, if you lock your self into outrage you're really vulnerable to common revenge killers such as ScarfPalkia and ScarfChomp(actually, they outspeed you even without a scarf). Keep in mind that both of them will fall to a +2 Extreemspeed(If Palkia is not Hasty and full health then it has a chance to live). Hell, even Darkrai can come in and put you to sleep if you're locked into outrage.

With all that said I really recommend replacing Outrage with Dragon Claw. SD Rays offense should mainly be Extreemespeed to KO pretty much anything that doesn't resist it and those who do will fall to Earthquake(Metagross, Dialga). Dragon Claw is there for Giratina and should only be used against slower foes.

I would also share a little tactic. Dialga with toxic helps a lot open up a Ray sweep. The most common switches in Dialga are Lugia and Groudon. Coincidentally, these are the same switch ins against Ray. If you Toxic on the switch, Lugia and Groudon would not be capable of tanking for too long. If you weaken them just enough they would no longer pose a threat.

Hope I helped. :)
Wow, thats a good team. Closest thing I can find to a weakness is Scarf Palkia, who gets beaten by prediction. Nice work.

The only advice i can really give is Thunder on Palkia instead of Toxic. Toxic still gives Deoxys time to set up spikes, once thats done, hes done his job. You're better off using it to set up Mewtwo, Dialga or Rayquaza. Thunder is for Kyorge, teams need many ways to beat him due to his immense power and popularity.

Give yourself a pat on the back, good team, good team.
I'm really cosidering DD Ray. I love SD Ray's sheer power, but I never can seem to use it effectively.

I can't believe I forgot ALL about Thunder >__< Thank you, I'll use it on Palkia =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)