Alomoonguss Core

This all started as me and my friends just trying to make NU teams, this is the result.

Process:
In the beginning, I knew I wanted to use Alomomola and Amoonguss. Both have regen, both tank hits like a boss, and both have some kind of support for the rest of the team.

The team so far:

Next, I wanted to use Bibarel! He was always a favorite pokemon in 4th gen so I thought I'd try it out.

The team so far:

After bibarel I wanted a hard hitting special pokemon... so I looked up pokemon with the highest special attack in the tier... It was Beheeyem. So I added that to.

The team so far:

The next pokemon chosen would be to add a hard hitting physical pokemon. So I looked down the list again, I discovered Cinccino with skill link and lots of moves to abuse it, I thought wynaut? It got added too.

The team so far:

The last thing that I wanted was a lead. Something that could taunt and maybe cripple the other pokemon.
Originally I wanted to use Sableye, however I didn't know it was UU. So the next best thing was Murkrow.
Prankster with Taunt Twave Roost and NightShade seemed like the perfect pokemon! And thus the team was complete.

The team so far:

As I tested the team some, what seemed to be a sad pokemon on the team, was Biberal. Even with max attack and +2, it hardly put a dent in anything, which was quite sad. My team needed a cleric... so I looked through all the pokemon in NU that could learn either Heal Bell or Aromatherapy. I came upon Miltank! He was so awesome in 4th gen UU, so I added him to the team :>
I figured I could use a pokemon that could both SR and heal the team, Miltank was just too perfect.

The team so far:

As I continued to play I noticed that Beheeyem wasn't doing too well, it was just too slow. So I looked through the NU list again and came upon Kadabra, the switch seemed to be obvious!

The team so far:

and that's the team!

The Team:(clicking the pics leads to the smogon page)

Alomomola
Trait: Regenerator
Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spdef
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Surprisingly, Alomomola is really good defensive tank. Despite it's meager base 80 defensive stat, it's base hp is 165. Yes folks, that's a maximum hp of 534 which more than makes up for it's defense. The reason why I chose this pokemon was because Hyouki had stated that Alomomola had survived his adamant +2 Haxorus's Outrage. I did the calcs and it survives. <3

Amoonguss
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spdef
IVs: 30 Spd
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Amoonguss is yet another defensive pokemon. With it's access to spore and clear smog, it is great support for this team. Amoonguss is another Regenerator, it can switch in and out spikes without much worry. It's a physical def set with some extra bulk in spdef to tank hits a little better.

Miltank
Trait: Scrappy
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spdef / 4 Atk
- Milk Drink
- Heal Bell
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam

Miltank is the cleric, all he's really good for is to heal bell and SR and para everything with bodyslam.
the reason why he's scrappy is because ghosts tend to switch in on him thinking that he's Thick Fat but he hits them and scares them off.

Kadabra
Trait: Magic Guard
Nature: Timid
Item: Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spatk / 252 Spd
- Psychic
- Encore
- Hidden Power (Fighting)
- Shadow Ball

Kadabra, not much to say except "MOTHERFUCKER Y U NO LEARN FOCUS BLAST OR THUNDERBOLT." Kadabra sits there as a late game sweeper or a revenge killer. The set with Kadabra has been edited along the lines of WhiteDMist's suggestion, instead of HP Ground though we have HP fighting for Probopass and most dark pokemon

Murkrow
Trait: Prankster
Nature: Calm
Item: Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spdef / 4 Spd
- Thunder Wave
- Haze
- Perish Song
- Roost

Murkrow, ilu. This bulky fucker laughs at many pokemon, one of them being exeggutor. With Prankster, this nimble bird likes to status and annoy many pokemon in the tier. The new set with Murkrow allows it to stop set ups both by perish song and haze to rid of the new stats. It is basically more to abuse with Murkrow

Cinccino
Trait: Skill Link
Nature: Jolly
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Spdef
- Tail Slap
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- U-turn

Cinccino is here to be another late game sweeper or revenge killer of the physical variety.

Exportable:
Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Scald
- Wish
- Toxic

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Murkrow @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Perish Song
- Thunder Wave
- Haze
- Roost

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Impish Nature
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam

Cinccino @ Life Orb
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Tail Slap
- Rock Blast
- U-turn

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Encore
- Shadow Ball

This team is currently has 98 wins and 19 losses on PS main's rated NU ladder.
It got my friend to top 10 on ladder X:

herp i'm #10 on PS NU ladder(click to make bigger) [9/14/12 ]

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
hey there,

this team has issues with almost everything that's used to break apart alomomola + amoonguss cores - from cm psychics to life orb torterra to even something silly like klang, anything that can bust through those two can essentially run over the rest of your team. you also have big issues with stuff like absol if alomomola goes down to a crit - while you can certainly rely on alomomola for the most part, not having any other methods of dealing with those mons will make getting lucked a difficult hole to climb out of.

i'd like you to change up your amoonguss set, first - you should be using a bold nature with that spread, since calm increases SpD and actually accomplishes very little, while bold does a lot. you should also use sludge bomb > hidden power ice. it does a similar amount of damage and should be used against many of the same targets (uninvested hp ice does 59 - 69.73% to 4/0 swellow, while sludge bomb does 56.7 - 67.04% to the same swellow). it also allows you to smack common amoonguss switch-ins like emboar for a lot more as they switch in, which is always good for you. i'm not really a fan of clear smog on amoonguss since you're so slow that you always will get hit with a boosted move before you can clear their stats - i think you should look into stun spore or synthesis instead. don't use scrappy on miltank. you don't hit golurk or misdreavus for very much damage in the first place, and your team would rather deal with them in other ways. using sap sipper gives you a more reliable answer to sawsbuck (who can boost and run through alomomoongus), and it's also now legal with sr.

i think you should switch out murkrow for skuntank, who performs many of the same roles and also gives your team a much-needed offensive presence. it's also an answer for stuff like subcm gardevoir, who puts big pressure on alomomoongus and is otherwise really hard for you to stop. lastly, it gives you a secondary check to many, many threats, including but not limited to: sd absol, shell smash gorebyss, exeggutor (any kind), cacturne, cinccino, golurk, haunter, ludicolo, etc. it's a very versatile mon that backs up your defensive core on multiple fronts, and is definitely better for this team than murkrow imo.

bold > calm on amoonguss
sludge bomb > hp ice on amoonguss
stun spore or synthesis > clear smog on amoonguss

sap sipper > scrappy on miltank

skuntank > murkrow
skuntank @ leftovers | aftermath
adamant nature (+atk, -spa) | 20 hp / 252 atk / 236 spe
poison jab / taunt / pursuit / sucker punch​
hope i helped at least a little bit, and gl with your team in the future! :toast:

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi there! This is a really interesting team that uses the Alomomoonguss core as its defensive backbone. I completely agree with Zeb's ideas, and I have a few extra ideas that you should consider.

Miltank seems to be the odd Pokemon out on your team. As a Stealth Rock user and a paralysis spammer, Regirock is a more favorable option in that slot. It also provides you with an important Flying resist, SR setter, Thunder Wave, and a Normal resist. If you choose to use Rocky Helmet, then it gives you another way to weaken physical attackers like Braviary, Zangoose, and Cinccino.

Kadabra doesn't really like being locked into a move. There are better options for that slot, namely Life Orb and Focus Sash. My personal choice is Focus Sash to guarantee that you survive any single hit and strike back hard. To replace Trick, I would go with Encore, an excellent utility move on such a fast Pokemon. I would also change its coverage moves to Signal Beam and Hidden Power Ground to deal with Absol and Skuntank better.

Changes:

Regirock>Miltank
Kadabra: Focus Sash>Choice Specs

Regirock @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide/Stone Edge
- Drain Punch

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power Ground
- Encore

Good luck with your team and congrats on your peak! :toast:

Hey I like this team a lot, but I would recommend the use of a Liepard instead of Murkrow
The reason being, it still has that incredibly annoying traits of Murkrow, but it has more of an offensive presence due to Foul Play

Liepard (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Substitute
- Foul Play

Due to substitute,swagger and thunder wave, Liepard is almost untouchable by abusing paralysis and confusion hax to destroy your opponent's pokemon, while Foul Play is a decent STAB move to deal some damage

Apart from that, you have received some amazing advice from WhiteDMist and Zebraiken, and I definitely second the use of Regirock over Miltank

i think you should really take up whitedmist's entire advice on kadabra's set. hidden power ground and signal beam hit exactly the same things you want plus skuntank. even though you miss out on hitting ghosts for super effective damage, they're all 2HKO'd or OHKO'd with psychic (the bulkiest, physically defensive misdreavus, just needs a little prior damage from rocks). hitting skuntank hard on the switch is really crucial because kadabra does pitiful damage without hidden power ground (hidden power fighting is like a 3-4HKO?) and pursuit still does plenty without switching out. with hidden power ground and a focus sash in tact, you can actually beat skuntank if you nail it on the switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)