Mamanbou (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Def / 136 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Submersion
- Toxic
- Waterfall
- Wish

Just a giant gimmick set that lets Mama Toxic Steels & Poison types. I paired it up with Blissey and it worked pretty well. Submersion removing STAB is pretty cushy too.

Just something to look into since Mama is one of the few Submersion users and probably the only good one.

I can't be the only one who finds the concept of poisoning a Skarmory hilarious.

It gets Hydration as a Dream World Ability, so why not abuse it?
4 Hp/252 Def/252 SpDef
Boiling Water
Rest
Toxic
Calm Mind

I found this set sitting around in my box

Mamanbou (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Def / 136 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Submersion
- Toxic
- Waterfall
- Wish

Just a giant gimmick set that lets Mama Toxic Steels & Poison types. I paired it up with Blissey and it worked pretty well. Submersion removing STAB is pretty cushy too.

Just something to look into since Mama is one of the few Submersion users and probably the only good one.

I can't be the only one who finds the concept of poisoning a Skarmory hilarious.
The only thing I'd recommend is changing Waterfall to something. Otherwise it's a super weak move against the Water type you just poisoned :(

a set i've had fun with

alomomola(english name) @ leftovers
-favorite ev spread-
regeneration
~wish
~protect
~waterfall/protect
~tickle

tickle is really fun, it allows you to take phycical hits better, and you can actually do something resembling damage!! plus (icing on the cake) it can work well with pursuit trappers!

Wait why wouldn't you whore out Regenerate/82.5 Base HP Wishes to distribute to your team? You'd have so much survivability until this thing manages to go down.
I wanna try and build a team off Katakiri's set, also, when a Pokemon switches out after Submersion do they stay a water type?
Also 4x weakness to electric is hilarious on Skarm.

Wait why wouldn't you whore out Regenerate/82.5 Base HP Wishes to distribute to your team? You'd have so much survivability until this thing manages to go down.
I wanna try and build a team off Katakiri's set, also, when a Pokemon switches out after Submersion do they stay a water type?
Also 4x weakness to electric is hilarious on Skarm.

It's actually Base 63 HP Wishes assuming you run Max HP and wouldn't Skarm be 2x weak to Electric since it changes him to a Mono-Water type?

Oh yeah true. I thought it just got rid of the steel type. But it's still funny to poison him.

And isn't wish 1/2? I always thought that, but base 63 HP is 1/2 of most sweepers' HP.

Ah, I see.
But this thing would still be a viable option in a semi-stall team, or slow offense, able to heal its health and others by simply using wish then switching out. It may be Taunt bait, but it can take Taunt without using a move. I don't think it'll be a regular in OU because its just not good enough, it'll be able to make a few guest appearances, but its definitely going to sit comfortably in BL/UU, and it'll dominate there.

I really like this thing design wise. :D Though it does have God awful SpDef and is easily swept by just about any electric/grass type. It is very outclassed by Vaporeon and Milotic, but it does have some neat qualities. How do you think it'd be with Hydration and double battling along side Lightning Rod Zebstrika?

Zebstrika (F) @ Damp Rock

Ability: Lightning Rod
EVS: 252 Sp/ 252 SpAtk/ 4 SpeDef
Nature: Timid/Modest

-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Hidden Power Flying
-Thunder Wave

Alomomola (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Hydration
EVs: I really don't know. XD Opinions?
Nature: Impish

-Rest
-Waterfall
-Soak
-Protect/Toxic

Zebstrika draws in painful stabbed electric attacks and gets a nice boost while knocking around grass type with hidden power Flying. I thought Soak was a neat choice because it can soak a steel/poison type allowing them to be poisoned. They also lose their stab and fall prey to Zekbstrika's thunder. Then it copies Manaphy and Dewgongs Hydration/Rest strategies by healing fully and jumping right back into the fight.

I really like this thing design wise. :D Though it does have God awful SpDef and is easily swept by just about any electric/grass type. It is very outclassed by Vaporeon and Milotic, but it does have some neat qualities.
It may have "god awful" SpDef but when taking account of its huge HP, it is only marginally less specially bulky than Milotic or Vaporeon.

Alomomola's HP + SpDef /2 = 165+45 /2 = 105

Milotics HP + SpDef /2 = 95+125 /2 = 110

Vaporeon's HP + SpDef /2 = 130 +95 /2 = 112.5

It may have "god awful" SpDef but when taking account of its huge HP, it is only marginally less specially bulky than Milotic or Vaporeon.

Alomomola's HP + SpDef /2 = 165+45 /2 = 105

Milotics HP + SpDef /2 = 95+125 /2 = 110

Vaporeon's HP + SpDef /2 = 130 +95 /2 = 112.5
That's not quite how it works though. Base stats aren't the important thing for calculating, bulk is.

Alomomola's Max Special Bulk: 534*207=110,538

Milotic's Max Special Bulk: 394*383=150,902

Vaporeon's Max Special Bulk: 464*317=147,088

I'm not arguing that Alomomola is a defensive weakling, but it does only have 73.3% the special bulk of Milotic and 75.2% the special bulk of Vaporeon, so I wouldn't exactly describe it as only marginally less specially bulky than them.

It's annoying Alomomola doesn't get Block or at least Whirlpool, because then it could really be good for a stall team that relies on passive damage, Toxicing anything without Immunity, Magic Guard or Poison Heal and laying on additional passive damage. Combine that with its hidden ability and you have something that can stay alive even longer and maybe even Wish pass too.

It just needs a few more moves and it will be great.

Oh look one of 114 Water-types and suffers from subpar syndrome. I believe I did use one for one of my longest pre-Elite Four Battle Subway team.

I ran into a Japanese player using one of these a long time ago in random matchup. If it hadn't been for the fact I was running a ChestoRest Klinklang, I probably would of lost (Let's just forget about the fact it was my own fault for not running a special attacker for a moment, shall we?)

-Wish
-Toxic
-Soak
-Protect
w/ Rugged Helmet

Though I obviously don't know the nature and EVs.

That's not quite how it works though. Base stats aren't the important thing for calculating, bulk is.

Alomomola's Max Special Bulk: 534*207=110,538

Milotic's Max Special Bulk: 394*383=150,902

Vaporeon's Max Special Bulk: 464*317=147,088

I'm not arguing that Alomomola is a defensive weakling, but it does only have 73.3% the special bulk of Milotic and 75.2% the special bulk of Vaporeon, so I wouldn't exactly describe it as only marginally less specially bulky than them.
Ah, thanks for enlightening me on this. I was never actually quite sure how it worked but I figured I had it right.

Having 73-75% of the special bulk of Vaporeon or Milotic may still mean that Alo' is essentially outclassed on the special side, but I guess the point I was trying to make was that despite its "awful" SpDef it can still perform admirably as a mixed wall, and is more than capable of taking hits from both sides of the spectrum.

I think too many people dismiss Alomomola on the basis of its SpDef alone. It's definitely a better Pokemon than people make it out to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)