Rejected Allow Full Site Version in Mobile Devices

Some websites on the phone can be pretty frustrating to use because of all the subsections and ads. However, some sites like wikipedia have a "view full site" option where you can view the website on your phone as if you are on the computer. I think PS should also have this option because navigating a website with so many tabs can be annoying. It's better to just zoom and scroll than to click so many buttons to navigate around battles and chat.

Edit: Talking about Showdown, not the Smogon site

Last edited:
Unless my phone is a rare case (which I hope it isn't, as it would mean phone browser developers are very stupid) there should be an option in your phone browser to switch it. It's under here for me:

Screenshot_20200819-021251_Samsung Internet.jpg

It's much better than an on-page button, because it's trivial to switch back. From personal experience, some sites won't allow you to switch back to mobile view because the devs thought "people using a a desktop computer probably don't want to use mobile mode" and just completely forget that some mobile users don't want to permanently switch to desktop mode.

Is that pic from the Smogon forums? Cause I'm talking about Showdown.

From personal experience, some sites won't allow you to switch back to mobile view
Usually if I leave the browser and reopen it after a while it resets back to the mobile version, so I don't really have a problem with this. Hopefully what you said wouldn't happen if this gets implemented in showdown.

Unless my phone is a rare case (which I hope it isn't, as it would mean phone browser developers are very stupid) there should be an option in your phone browser to switch it. It's under here for me:

View attachment 270137
It's different for my version :c I don't have those options in my phone browser. But I don't really have a problem with the Smogon forum's mobile version though since it's easy to navigate.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
PS is a "responsive" design, that means it's the same design all the way through: there's no separate mobile site, it's the same layout as you'd get if you took the desktop site and resized it down.

So if you want a desktop site, presumably what you want is just to zoom out? In which case your phone should have "view desktop site" as a button; there's no real need for us to duplicate that.

PS is a "responsive" design, that means it's the same design all the way through: there's no separate mobile site, it's the same layout as you'd get if you took the desktop site and resized it down.

So if you want a desktop site, presumably what you want is just to zoom out? In which case your phone should have "view desktop site" as a button; there's no real need for us to duplicate that.
You'd have to zoom out way too far to be practical (also smartphones usually cap how much you can zoom), and while there isn't a separate mobile site, there is a difference between mobile mode and desktop mode.
Screenshot_20200819-112146_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200819-111908_Samsung Internet.jpg

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Most mobile web browsers have a built-in "Desktop site" mode available for exactly this purpose. In Chrome for example, you can can access it by tapping the 3 dots in the upper-right of your device, then tapping the associated checkbox.
1597852634753.png

Last edited:

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
You'd have to zoom out way too far to be practical (also smartphones usually cap how much you can zoom), and while there isn't a separate mobile site, there is a difference between mobile mode and desktop mode.
I think you're slightly misinterpreting. Desktop mode is the zoom-out button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)