National Dex All Grass Team

I am very new to this, but grass is my favorite type so I tried to make a team of full grass types.

M5LKhNn.gif

Wet Boi (Ludicolo) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rain Dish
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot

Ludicolo is my answer to the fire type pokemon that threaten the rest of my team. I will almost always start with Ludicolo because it will only take neutral damage from the fire type pokemon that the other person will more than likely send in. For this Ludicolo I set up rain and then out speed all the other pokemon on the field.

Sceptile_Mega.gif

Mega Sceptile @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Frenzy Plant
- Synthesis
- Mud-Slap

This is my Special sweeper I have not invested into HP or any defense because I just hope I out speed the opponents pokemon and just KO them.

PossibleIllfatedAsiantrumpetfish-size_restricted.gif

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Bind
- Aqua Tail
- Leech Seed

I am using this pokemon and Ferrothorn to set up, while also having to option to deal some damage. I will be using bind in order to trap the opposing pokemon, Then I will set up leech seed before toxic. If I still have the type advantage with Serperior I will stayin and go for toxic or aqua tail.

download (9).jpeg

Banana Boi (Tropius) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fly
- Dragon Hammer
- Leaf Blade
- Roost

Tropius along with Leafeon make my physical sweeper. I will be using Fly as a protect option in order to avoid some damage. Roost and Aguav Berry+Harvest are my healing options for Tropius. I have Fly and Leaf Blade on it for the Physical STAB damage, with dragon hammer which is just a 100% accuracy move that can chip a pokemon down.

Ferrothorn-AttackAnimation-XY-2.gif

Metal Boi (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Explosion Stealth Rocks
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip Leech Seed
- Iron Defense Spikes

Ferrothorn is my bulky set up pokemon, that if given the chance can do massive amounts of damage with power whip and gyro ball. I plan on setting up stealth rocks first, then I will set up as many spikes as they allow me to, If they let me set all of the spikes up I will then Either switch out, or try and get damage on the opposing pokemon.

Leafeon.gif

Leaf Boi (Leafeon) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Atk / 252 Spe
Quirky Nature
- Sunny Day
- Solar Blade
- Synthesis
- Quick Attack

This combined with Tropius is my Physical sweeper. With sash that gives me a free turn to set up sun, then I depend on Leafeons speed to outspeed the other pokemon, and do a lot of damage with Solar Blade, then finish the weak pokemon of with Quick Attack.

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Heya this looks like a National Dex Monotype team and this is looking pretty rough, so I am going to go through every Pokemon bar Ferrothorn on what are better options for Grass and how you can improve your team overall. I am going to link you to resources like The National Dex Monotype OM Mega Thread Post which contains the discord and general information regarding NDexMonotype along with the USUM Viability Rankings considering this tier doesn't have a VR and SM is a little similar n terms of viability.

Major Changes
:venusaur: :tropius: :leafeon: :bellossom: :tropius: :shiftry:
Sun-variant Grass-teams has been explored inside of DLC 1 SS Monotype and perhaps early generations of previous gens with a Sun setter like :whimsicott: Whimiscott or :virizion: Virizion but after noticing that these Chlorophyll users that tend to run Weather Ball or a Fire-type move to aid the Steel-matchup are completely walled by :heatran: Heatran, its a lesser need to run it. Similar to the current SS metagame, where Air Balloon Heatran shuts down Venusaur and Kartana Grass-teams are more optimal because of this. The only notable Chlorophyll users that were worth running in the past were Venusaur and Shiftry in SS Monotype and the same knowledge applies to National Dex. With that behind said, I suggest dropping Leafeon and Tropius.

:ludicolo: -> :cradily: or :appletun:
" Ludicolo because it will only take neutral damage from the fire type pokemon that the other person will more than likely send in" Sadly the Fire-type matchup is very pressuring in National Dex with supreme Fire-types like Mega-Charizard-X, Volcarona, Blacephalon, Torkoal, and the SS addition, Cinderace. However, you do have Cradily and Appletun for Fire-type attacks from a range of Pokemon like Substitute + NP Hydreigon, Togekiss, or Dragapult.

:sceptile-mega: -> :venusaur-mega:
Mega Venusaur is overall the better mega and is shown in previous Mega-featured generations via Gen7 and Gen6. Mega Venusaur is a nice Toxic Spikes absorber and Sceptile-Mega is shut down by Mega Altaria in SM. I feel as if the Cradily + Mega Venusaur + Ferrothorn is a really nice defensive core but as mentioned before, you can also get away with Appletun.

:ferrothorn:
It feels like you just slapped 4 random moves on this but I'd run Gyro Ball, Spikes, Stealth Rock(if Appletun) or Protect, Leech Seed for this set. You don't want this thing exploding mate.

What do I add to replace Leafeon and Tropius?
:whimsicott:
Whimsicott is a really nice Pokemon to have for Dragon-type immunity and also can do a toll in the Dragon-type matchup if played very carefully. I suggest running an Encore Whimsicott set.
:rillaboom:
Rillaboom heals the team overtime thanks to Grassy Terrain and has priority Grassy Glide when Terrain is up. Utilities like Knock Off and U-turn are notable reasons to use this over Tapu Bulu.

Minor Changes
:serperior: :rotom-mow:

Serperior is interesting but Rotom-C does a lot in helping with Corviknight. Getting that bird out of the Steel-matchup does a lot considering you can recover the enter team through the match with Leech Seed + Grassy Terrain. Decidueye is an interesting pick but has is flaws in not being able to use Shadow Sneak in Psychic Terrain like SM and hitting Indeedee in terrain.

Click on any of the sprites for the final team and you can join the mentioned National Dex Monotype cord for any advice or personally DM me at Roxiee#7869! Good luck with your team and welcome to Monotype!

Heya this looks like a National Dex Monotype team and this is looking pretty rough, so I am going to go through every Pokemon bar Ferrothorn on what are better options for Grass and how you can improve your team overall. I am going to link you to resources like The National Dex Monotype OM Mega Thread Post which contains the discord and general information regarding NDexMonotype along with the USUM Viability Rankings considering this tier doesn't have a VR and SM is a little similar n terms of viability.

Major Changes
:venusaur: :tropius: :leafeon: :bellossom: :tropius: :shiftry:
Sun-variant Grass-teams has been explored inside of DLC 1 SS Monotype and perhaps early generations of previous gens with a Sun setter like :whimsicott: Whimiscott or :virizion: Virizion but after noticing that these Chlorophyll users that tend to run Weather Ball or a Fire-type move to aid the Steel-matchup are completely walled by :heatran: Heatran, its a lesser need to run it. Similar to the current SS metagame, where Air Balloon Heatran shuts down Venusaur and Kartana Grass-teams are more optimal because of this. The only notable Chlorophyll users that were worth running in the past were Venusaur and Shiftry in SS Monotype and the same knowledge applies to National Dex. With that behind said, I suggest dropping Leafeon and Tropius.

:ludicolo: -> :cradily: or :appletun:
" Ludicolo because it will only take neutral damage from the fire type pokemon that the other person will more than likely send in" Sadly the Fire-type matchup is very pressuring in National Dex with supreme Fire-types like Mega-Charizard-X, Volcarona, Blacephalon, Torkoal, and the SS addition, Cinderace. However, you do have Cradily and Appletun for Fire-type attacks from a range of Pokemon like Substitute + NP Hydreigon, Togekiss, or Dragapult.

:sceptile-mega: -> :venusaur-mega:
Mega Venusaur is overall the better mega and is shown in previous Mega-featured generations via Gen7 and Gen6. Mega Venusaur is a nice Toxic Spikes absorber and Sceptile-Mega is shut down by Mega Altaria in SM. I feel as if the Cradily + Mega Venusaur + Ferrothorn is a really nice defensive core but as mentioned before, you can also get away with Appletun.

:ferrothorn:
It feels like you just slapped 4 random moves on this but I'd run Gyro Ball, Spikes, Stealth Rock(if Appletun) or Protect, Leech Seed for this set. You don't want this thing exploding mate.

What do I add to replace Leafeon and Tropius?
:whimsicott:
Whimsicott is a really nice Pokemon to have for Dragon-type immunity and also can do a toll in the Dragon-type matchup if played very carefully. I suggest running an Encore Whimsicott set.
:rillaboom:
Rillaboom heals the team overtime thanks to Grassy Terrain and has priority Grassy Glide when Terrain is up. Utilities like Knock Off and U-turn are notable reasons to use this over Tapu Bulu.

Minor Changes
:serperior: :rotom-mow:

Serperior is interesting but Rotom-C does a lot in helping with Corviknight. Getting that bird out of the Steel-matchup does a lot considering you can recover the enter team through the match with Leech Seed + Grassy Terrain. Decidueye is an interesting pick but has is flaws in not being able to use Shadow Sneak in Psychic Terrain like SM and hitting Indeedee in terrain.

Click on any of the sprites for the final team and you can join the mentioned National Dex Monotype cord for any advice or personally DM me at Roxiee#7869! Good luck with your team and welcome to Monotype!
Of course roxiee would comment on it, they love monotype ;)

Alright NatDex is going to be a little bit harder.

The team I’m giving you is basically pure stall. If you want a more offensive team, I would probably run a different type, but if you insist on grass, just ask me and I’ll give. Or just tell me and I'll make changes to your team. Just use Roxiee 's suggestions. They're pretty good and give you a different view.

Anyways let’s start. Here’s the team.
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Rillaboom @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Superpower

Amoonguss @ Heat Rock
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Synthesis
- Toxic
- Sunny Day

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Leech Seed
- Rest
- Knock Off

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Moonblast
- Encore / Taunt

Eldegoss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aromatherapy
- Stun Spore
- Synthesis

Ferrothorn:
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
You classic setup/wall ferrothorn. I normally wouldn’t start by immediately sending him out. Use him as a wall for physical mons.

Rillaboom:
Rillaboom @ Grassy Seed
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Superpower
This is your only physical attacker in the game. Once you figure out what your opponent plays, rillaboom will sweep them. THIS IS THE ONLY POKEMON ON YOUR TEAM THAT WILL DYNAMAX. Set up swords dance then either dynamax or proceed to sweep their team. I would probably dyna. This is your late game sweeper, if you play rillaboom early and he dies you will have a tough time later on.

Amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Heat Rock
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Synthesis
- Toxic
- Sunny Day
Amoonguss is a freaking wall. Just like Ho-Oh, he keeps the regenerator ability which basically keeps him alive forever. Not only is he a wall, he is also your Sunny Day setter and your stat resetter. Sunny Day will help a lot with synthesis so make sure it’s always active.

Venusaur-Mega:
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Leech Seed
- Rest
- Knock Off
Use Roxiee ‘s set for Venusaur-Mega if you like it better, it also works. This venusaur-mega set is to make them forfeit. First leech seed, then spam curse and rest. Then knock off spam. Just makes sure they’re not using a special attack move. I think it’s funny to see people rage, but if that’s not you, just use Roxiee ‘s set.

Whimsicott:
Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Moonblast
- Encore / Taunt
This is the person you want to start off with. Encore + Prankster will allow you to trap the opponent in either a set-up move or a stat changer. Run substitute first in case they do a status move. The rest is self explanatory. Leech seed and moonblast.

Eldegross:
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aromatherapy
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

Eldegross is your second amoonguss except it helps your team. Done.

I mainly played you a stall team because that’s kinda the only thing grass is good at so….

I hope this helped. Respond with any questions, comments, concerns.

:)

Alright NatDex is going to be a little bit harder.

The team I’m giving you is basically pure stall. If you want a more offensive team, I would probably run a different type, but if you insist on grass, just ask me and I’ll give. Or just tell me and I'll make changes to your team. Just use Roxiee 's suggestions. They're pretty good and give you a different view.

Anyways let’s start. Here’s the team.
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Rillaboom @ Grassy Seed
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Superpower

Amoonguss @ Heat Rock
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Synthesis
- Toxic
- Sunny Day

Impish Nature
- Curse
- Leech Seed
- Rest
- Knock Off

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Moonblast
- Encore / Taunt

Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aromatherapy
- Stun Spore
- Synthesis

Ferrothorn:
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
You classic setup/wall ferrothorn. I normally wouldn’t start by immediately sending him out. Use him as a wall for physical mons.

Rillaboom:
Rillaboom @ Grassy Seed
Jolly Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Superpower
This is your only physical attacker in the game. Once you figure out what your opponent plays, rillaboom will sweep them. THIS IS THE ONLY POKEMON ON YOUR TEAM THAT WILL DYNAMAX. Set up swords dance then either dynamax or proceed to sweep their team. I would probably dyna. This is your late game sweeper, if you play rillaboom early and he dies you will have a tough time later on.

Amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Heat Rock
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Synthesis
- Toxic
- Sunny Day
Amoonguss is a freaking wall. Just like Ho-Oh, he keeps the regenerator ability which basically keeps him alive forever. Not only is he a wall, he is also your Sunny Day setter and your stat resetter. Sunny Day will help a lot with synthesis so make sure it’s always active.

Venusaur-Mega:
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Leech Seed
- Rest
- Knock Off
Use Roxiee ‘s set for Venusaur-Mega if you like it better, it also works. This venusaur-mega set is to make them forfeit. First leech seed, then spam curse and rest. Then knock off spam. Just makes sure they’re not using a special attack move. I think it’s funny to see people rage, but if that’s not you, just use Roxiee ‘s set.

Whimsicott:
Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Moonblast
- Encore / Taunt
This is the person you want to start off with. Encore + Prankster will allow you to trap the opponent in either a set-up move or a stat changer. Run substitute first in case they do a status move. The rest is self explanatory. Leech seed and moonblast.

Eldegross:
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aromatherapy
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

Eldegross is your second amoonguss except it helps your team. Done.

I mainly played you a stall team because that’s kinda the only thing grass is good at so….

I hope this helped. Respond with any questions, comments, concerns.

:)
Thank you for this team I may try it some time, but I have never really been able to deal with or use stall teams without as you said raging. I just don't express my rage in chat. Like you asked I do prefer a more offensive team

I have been using Roxiee 's team that she made and it has done very well for me and I am grateful that she helped.

not yet lmao. suspect test isn't over until the 15th. i would know because i'm in it smh.
Don't pull those lies. come one buddy.
I don't know what imaginary metagame you're playing:
National Dex Monotype Ruleset: National Dex Mod + Same type clause + Standard Tier Clauses + Full Dynamax Ban
Unless you're referencing the Ubers suspect, which has nothing to do with National Dex, OU, Monotype or any combination of the above.

Cool. I'll make you a offensive grass team tmrw then.
I made an offensive grass team I've been running with minor changes since pre-DLC1. I used a core of stall M. Venu and Seed Appletun for the Fire resist. Rather than using Sun offense, I decided to run Scarf Rillaboom to help with stall, turning on other grass types who my core struggles with, as only Venu can hit them with Toxic and Sludge Bomb. I alternate between Wood Hammer and Grassy Glide on this set, but I usually end up with Glide, as this thing is meant to come in and turn into either my bulky breakers or defensive core, and maybe provide some Knock Off utility or clean late-game. I picked a niche mon that handles a lot of threats pretty neatly, aka AV/CB Dhelmise. This thing can basically click Grassy Glide 80% of the tiem, or deal massive damage with Poltergeist and Anchor Shot. I also had Rapid Spin for hazard control. Ferro I added because it helps vs Poison and physical attackers, as this team is pretty specially bulky. I ran a more offensive set with Gyro Ball, Knock Off, Stealth Rock, and either Body Press or Leech Seed. Rocky Helmet was used to punish/trade Ferro on a dangerous physical threat. Oh, I forgot Rotom, my resident statuser and Volt Switcher, ground immunity is helpful, and Dark Pulse was to help with certain ghosts, and for a spot of paraflinch.

Note: This team isn't the best, but it handles nicely, it might struggle a bit vs Steel, but Body Press Ferro and the Leech Seed stall have prevailed so far.

Paste:
https://pokepast.es/3dcccb0d2088bbf7

I am very new to this, but grass is my favorite type so I tried to make a team of full grass types.

View attachment 288556
Wet Boi (Ludicolo) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot

Ludicolo is my answer to the fire type pokemon that threaten the rest of my team. I will almost always start with Ludicolo because it will only take neutral damage from the fire type pokemon that the other person will more than likely send in. For this Ludicolo I set up rain and then out speed all the other pokemon on the field.

View attachment 288551
Mega Sceptile @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Frenzy Plant
- Synthesis
- Mud-Slap

This is my Special sweeper I have not invested into HP or any defense because I just hope I out speed the opponents pokemon and just KO them.

View attachment 288555
Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Bind
- Aqua Tail
- Leech Seed

I am using this pokemon and Ferrothorn to set up, while also having to option to deal some damage. I will be using bind in order to trap the opposing pokemon, Then I will set up leech seed before toxic. If I still have the type advantage with Serperior I will stayin and go for toxic or aqua tail.

View attachment 288554
Banana Boi (Tropius) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fly
- Dragon Hammer
- Leaf Blade
- Roost

Tropius along with Leafeon make my physical sweeper. I will be using Fly as a protect option in order to avoid some damage. Roost and Aguav Berry+Harvest are my healing options for Tropius. I have Fly and Leaf Blade on it for the Physical STAB damage, with dragon hammer which is just a 100% accuracy move that can chip a pokemon down.

View attachment 288553
Metal Boi (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Explosion Stealth Rocks
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip Leech Seed
- Iron Defense Spikes

Ferrothorn is my bulky set up pokemon, that if given the chance can do massive amounts of damage with power whip and gyro ball. I plan on setting up stealth rocks first, then I will set up as many spikes as they allow me to, If they let me set all of the spikes up I will then Either switch out, or try and get damage on the opposing pokemon.

View attachment 288552
Leaf Boi (Leafeon) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Atk / 252 Spe
Quirky Nature
- Sunny Day
- Solar Blade
- Synthesis
- Quick Attack

This combined with Tropius is my Physical sweeper. With sash that gives me a free turn to set up sun, then I depend on Leafeons speed to outspeed the other pokemon, and do a lot of damage with Solar Blade, then finish the weak pokemon of with Quick Attack.
Ooooooookay, I realise this is about a couple years old but I'm giving my input anyways
#1: I see the idea with Ludicolo, but in practice it'll be more of a liability than a help for a grass team. For one thing, you have Rain Dance, which yes benefits Ludicolo and weakens fire attacks, but it also lowers how much Synthesis is healing for, which is going to prove to be annoying to have to work with. Also, the vast majority of fire teams have a sun setter like ZardY or Torkoal, so Rain Dance staying up for more than a turn or two, well, i wouldnt count on it. And outside of its special bulk Ludicolos stats are lackluster, and is susceptible to strong physical attacks even from fire types. If you want a fire type check, I'd suggest cradily. It's a staple on most grass teams and for good reasons. It sponges any and every fire attack and gets Rock Blast stab and access to Stealth Rocks.

#2: Personally, I prefer Mega Venusaur for a Grass Mega, but if you insist on Sceptile, I'd change up all of its moves aside from Dragon Pulse. Frenzy Plant looks good on paper but Leaf Storm offers more damage over two turns than Frenzy Plant. Mud Slap is pathetically weak. I'm assuming you're using this for Fire coverage or to stall by lowering accuracy. But an offensive driven mon like M-Sceptile isn't meant to stall outside of niche subseed sets. I'd suggest Focus Blast or HP Fire for a coverage option. Synthesis isn't a bad move, but if you want recovery, I'd suggest Giga Drain given your bonkers Sp. Atk. It's a shame Mega Sceptile lacks good coverage on special builds outside of Focus Blast and Hidden Power. Frankly if I ran M-Sceptile I'd run a physical Swords Dance set with Dragon Claw/Outrage, Leaf Blade, and then Earthquake/Knock Off/Drain Punch for coverage.

#3: I'll be honest: I don't know what the goal is with this Serperior build. The presence of Aqua Tail makes me think you're really trying to rack up on Fire checks. Unfortunately, most of the time grass has a hard time solidly checking fire teams without struggling in every other matchup. Serperior has Contrary and it gets Leaf Storm. Use that! Leaf Storm, Dragon Pulse, HP Fire/Ground and Glare is the set I typically run. Bad thing about Serperior is like Sceptile it lacks good special coverage options, but if you can rack up on maximizing your Sp. Atk from Leaf Storm that'll rarely be a real problem. And Glare is such a good move, I would use it even if I decided to run a passive Serperior.

#4: Not entirely sure if you're set on Tropius, but I would definitely look into replacing it. It's not that good in general. But if you're set on it, I would definitely not run an offense driven build. Tropius has base 68 Atk and is reliant on the Sun if youre using chlorophyll for just an average chance of outspeeding anything that isn't invested in speed. Overall, Tropius is better as a subseed staller given its decent bulk and access to Harvest, which can replenish your sitrus berry if you ate it.

#5: Ferrothorn is perhaps the best tank on any Grass team, so good call there. As far as moveset, it too could use some work. Explosion isn't optimal on a vital tank like Ferrothorn. Iron Defense isn't awful but it's kind of redundant given Ferrothorns already bonkers defensive bulk. Power Whip or really any grass stab isn't needed on Ferrothorn since it has just average atk and investing in attack means making Ferrothorn less bulky. Gyro Ball on the other hand is a very good move for it, so I'd keep that. Spikes, Leech Seed, Gyro Ball and Protect with full HP and Def investment and Leftovers (Rocky Helmet is another great option too though) has been my build and its awesome. Stealth Rocks is another good option if you don't already have a Rocks setter, but I got Cradily with Stealth Rocks so I don't really need it.

#6: Leafeon makes for a decent sun sweeper, and the build you have now on it isn't bad. But to start, I'd replace the Focus Sash with a Life Orb or some other non-choice offensive item given its high attack stat. I'd opt for replacing Quick Attack with Double Edge. Leafeon is already super quick in the sun, so a priority move is far from mandatory on it. Synthesis is a good option, so while it wouldn't be bad to replace it, I'd at least consider Knock Off in its place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)