Serious Alcohol

I'm 19, have yet to try any sort of alcohol in any form, mostly after seeing my brother shitfaced from it one time and basically being absolutely disgusted.

He got shitfaced again last July too...and it just served to reaffirm that I really don't want anything to do with it.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i love alcohol. whiskey, bourbon, scotch & tequila are usually what i stick to + some craft beers. i've been known to polish off a bottle of Jameson at parties.

I'm 19, have yet to try any sort of alcohol in any form, mostly after seeing my brother shitfaced from it one time and basically being absolutely disgusted.

He got shitfaced again last July too...and it just served to reaffirm that I really don't want anything to do with it.
I wouldn't let that put you off drinking, obviously your brother went overboard as long as you drink in moderation you'd be fine. I was like that for a while after seeing my brother like that, he was also an angry drunk (this caused a lot of bad environments when I was a teen) but I decided to just try it once it was legal for me to drink. I realised that I was closing off something that I was basically afraid of for no reason because that was him and not me. I'm not trying to convince you to drink but just don't feel like you shouldn't drink because of someone else's abuse of the substance.

Went to Paris with some friends recently for 4 days of stereotypical tourist behaviour, and stereotypical 18 yr old binge drinking.

Absinthe is disgusting, would not recommend to anyone (except doing what I did, which is trying it as a new experience rather than because you rly want to). It has 30% more alcohol volume than Vodka and you can really tell. We also tried it using the sugar cube + water dripping method and it was more edible then, but still disgusting since it tasted like cheap liquorice

I'm now getting more into wine and rosé - tho red wine > white wine. Even cheap Parisian wine is a ton better than anything in England.

I'm also attempting to try a bunch of cocktails to see which ones I like the best, and because cocktails in general are awesome. On the list so far I've had: Sex on the Beach (5/5, I like sweet drinks), Cox Daiquiri (5/5, it was at this posh cocktail bar and much stronger than I was expecting), Woo Woo (1/5, dreadful in every single way, sickly and made me feel ill with the amount of grenadine, which I usually love), Long Island Ice Tea (4/5), Tequila Sunrise (4/5), Classic Mojito (3/5), Pina Colada (2/5), Mai Tai (4/5), Gin and Tonic (3/5), Blue Hawaii (2/5), a bunch of martinis, Whiskey and Coke Extract (3/5, it was at that posh cocktail bar, incredibly strong), and a bunch of other cocktails I've forgotten the name of.

Still can't stand beer whatsoever - o well.

I started drinking when I was a teenager then my parents sent me to very restrictive school environment and I didn't drink for a few years. I really started drinking about 2 years ago. I used to usually get the strong drinks with 5-7 different alcohols like Adios motherfuckers, Tokyo teas, long island ice teas, La water, etc. I have tried most mixed drinks, I like coke and Malibu. I like shots to. The alcohol I generally stick to is vodka, tequila, and rum. I also like hard mike lemondades, Smirnoff. There are a few kinds I hate for the most part like whiskey (I can do fireball) and wine. I used to hate beer and I still somewhat do, but recently I have been drinking a lot of beer mostly lite versions. The stronger the flavor of the beer the more likely I will hate it. I have warmed up to beer though because of the cost.

I barely ever get hangovers/throw up but it happens occasionally.

If that's how you feel don't try it but really your image of alcohol is based off one irresponsible idiot. Drink responsibly and slowly. The most fun times ever are when your with your friends, drunk.

It's great if you can handle it and are responsible. Taking it slowly is probably the best advice. So many people start drinking and think "I don't feel anything" and just start slamming and end up shit face and embarrassing themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)