Metagame AG Metagame Discussion [HOME Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
okay I wanted to ask which was better between sub-mind calyrex-s and sash one. The avantage of The first is its matchup agaisnt non-cm blissey, while The Other can get a
Any time and has a good matchup agaisnt Non sash ones if full hp. I agree, both sets have inconvenients. sash is only reliable if speed control is amazing in your team, while sub-mind has The flaw of being nuked by strong physical attackers
SubCM Caly-S really isn't a common set, it has the issues of being too weak and also having a very poor moveslot into almost every team with Substitute. If you run STABs as coverage you lose to Ting-Lu, and Grass Knot without Encore is pretty poor into Ekiller while also being not that strong without Nasty Plot to boost it. Sash is better suited for some hyper offense teams but overall it's the better set, if you did specifically want to beat Blissey you could just run np Psyshock. The smogdex has all of the main sets that are most common, neither of the ones you mentioned are listed here but out of the two sash has seen more play.

Also using this post to push the community survey we're running rn to more places :sphearical:

PrimalKyogre

AG Circuit Champion
Ok i meant a calyrex sub-cm With astral barrage and Tera fairyblast
Neither substitute nor calm mind are good moves on Calyrex-S. Calm Mind in no way justifies itself over Nasty Plot, especially considering the most common revenge killers are scarf Koraidon and scarf Calyrex-S. Substitute does nothing of note unless paired with Leech Seed. Tera Blast Fairy is not only a worse option than Fighting overall, but being forced to terastralize to hurt Ting-lu or Arceus to any meaningful capacity is not helpful either. This set gives up both the utility of encore sets and the breaking power of specs or nasty plot sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)