Tournaments ADV PL - Finals

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Last edited:
First of all, congratulations Meteorites. Nalorium and Eden are fantastic managers, they drafted a very high quality team with proven tournament winners in Finch, Pak and Shiba and their supporting cast was quite strong as well. Clearly this series could have just as easily gone the other way and I'll be the first person to acknowledge that you need to catch some breaks in order to win these things and indeed we did.

Moving on to my team, I'm of course very satisfied with this outcome and very proud of our group. Any given team tour is a unique experience of course, but this tour in particular was distinctively different from other tours I've managed and veered into unfamiliar territory for me. In other tours my teams have bulldozed their way into playoffs as the number one seed without much trouble. In this, we scraped in by the thinnest of margins. It all came down to a game from another team (I love you forever for winning ) and that's definitely new to me. Immediately after the auction I was very happy with my draft. I thought we had the best RBY in the tour, arguably the best BW in the tour (certainly top 2 or 3) and probably the best or top 2 or 3 ADV as well. I thought we'd cruise into playoffs without too much of an issue. Things did not go according to plan. Exiline, who went 6-1 last year, did the polar opposite this year. TDK, who I thought was one of the better ADVs available, started out 0-3 and went on life tilt. Alucs, who told me he'd be fine playing BW if I asked him to, started out 1-3 and was super tilty and told me he didn't actually want to play BW. Inspirited went 2-5. London13 got off to an 0-2 start. We didn't get a win until several weeks in. We had to sell back a player (Dice) for extreme unsportsmanlike conduct, which I've never done before in any tour, and my assistant manager, who I've been friends with for years, was so upset about it and disagreed so strongly with my handling of the situation that he left our team chat in week 4, never came back and hasn't spoken a single word to me since then. Pick whichever one of those you like the best, but I can tell you very candidly that things really weren't going all that well and it was looking like we wouldn't even make playoffs, which would have also been a first for me and a massive disappointment.

I felt our group showed a strong degree of resilience and composure and refused to give up. We had to grind tooth and nail for this one to just barely win in any given round, but look where that got us... I'll avoid individual shoutouts, other than making it clear that Jisoo is a deity and is, plain and simple, the best RBY in the world, but I want everyone to know that I'm glad I picked them, it was a pleasure working with them and I hope I wasn't too obnoxious with my ultra tryhard managerial style.

Thank you to the hosts for a smooth, fairly run tour.

Finally, this... With this tour over, my team tour managerial numbers are as follows- In seven team tours that I have managed I am- 1/1 playoffs, 1/1 finals, 1/1 tournament champion. Those numbers are f ing insane. Find me another manager with better numbers, nevermind 10 of them. Idk wtf has to be done on this site other than shitpost constantly and put other people down in a juvenile, misplaced plea for attention and acknowledgement in order to be given an opportunity to manage on the big stage, but for the love of god and whoever else makes these decisions, LET ME MANAGE SPL.

congrats to you guys

to my team well done, fun stuff, cool people etc etc. - I loathe playing but I enjoy the social aspect a ton still and you guys delivered in spades.

see you guys around the next time i manage, if i feel up to it

Special shoutout to

Pak - you've really kicked on man keep it up

Shiba - good job getting us through to playoffs in the first place, with back to back linoone

AM CKW - thanks for all the help, you went above and beyond

Last edited:

SEA

show me what to be
is a Pre-Contributor
NUPL Champion
Holy hell, what a wild ride.
First off, GGs to every other team we faced, especially our finals opponent: the Forreties. The series had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. We definitely got a bit lucky along the way, but hey, it's Pokemon. Shit happens.
This tour was an absolute blast to participate in, and as a first time manager, I could not ask for a better first experience. The weeks really felt like they went too fast; we wanted more opportunities to play. We all mostly got along, and the environment was great. I have some individual shoutouts for the entire team and for those who helped us get here, so I'll try to not be too cheesy with them.

Before that, special shoutout to CALLOUS for making everybody think dice was an absolute team cancer and allowing us to get the biggest steal in the auction LOOOOL

Cousiin You were probably the second person in our entire team chat, and we didn't even draft you (and we feel really bad about it), but you stuck around. We were glad to have you onboard.
Bouff Thanks for helping out our UUers nearly every week. I really appreciated your contributions to the team, and you felt like a part of the team at the end.
Altina You've been great to work with, and I'm glad you were around to help dice decide what hyper stall bullshit he decided to load up week after week. Even if you and I see the game and play the game in very different ways, it's been nice to have somebody to tell me that my ideas are (justifiably) terrible!
vapicuno One of the best people on this site, period. Thanks for joining our team chat and hanging around.

Inspirited What an absolute steal. You really went that crazy for 3k, huh? Thanks for performing like a god halfway through the season, and watching somebody get buried by Dodrio is pretty unforgettable. Hopefully, you won't be shafted from any more Ubers tours. You are the real deal.
Exiline THE SEXILINE NEVER FAILS. You came in clutch when we needed you most, and your presence in team chat was great. Try to hit your Rock Slides next time.
Holy Ghost You may not have had the tour you wanted, but we were glad to carry you to your first team tour win on the site. Thanks for talking with me whenever I need it, and for teaching me ADV Ubers on the side.
Alucs You didn't perform how you wanted to, but hey, we all have our up's and down's. You'll get another shot, you just need to make the most of it.
CyberOdin✝ Even with your activity issues, we were glad to have you on the team. Whenever you showed up, you were very enthusiastic, and that's all I can ask for.
dice 7-0. Not only were you an absolute steal on the Pokemon side of things, but you're a funny dude to boot. I love sitting there 4-5 hours before a game and having all of our OU players be completely confused at what they're looking at. Whether it was somehow finding the literal perfect matchup for CM Fire Grass Blissey or whatever the hell Surf Snorlax was about, you were the star of the show here. Thanks for carrying me to a W, and I'm excited to see you play some more ADV in the future.
Jisoo London13 Grouping you two together because frankly, we didn't have enough opportunities to give either of you your due chances. Unfortunately, dice was too busy being insane at the game to rotate him out. Blame him.
TDK Kind of the same story as above. You were busy with SPL, and even though you couldn't be here every week, that's fine. You didn't have your best performance here, but you'll almost certainly do better in the future.
Ark While your record on the sheet looks pretty mediocre, you contributed to plenty of team success behind the scenes and were a fun dude to be around. Oh, and somehow pulling that Triangles game out of your ass was hilarious.
Heysup Oh my god. I have never seen such insane team support from somebody. You're a mastermind, and worth every single bit of that 15.5k we spent on you and more. Honestly, you should've been the most expensive player in this tour. You contributed so much in almost every single tier. Don't beat yourself up about the playoffs games: you won us the tour with that satanic team. I am never doubting a Heysup decision again.
Plas Holy shit, I love you Plas. You clutched out Finals, and then clutched out the tiebreak in dominant fashion. What an absolute legend. Best of luck in your future tours, you're a demon.
roxiee I wish we could've gotten you more involved throughout the season. Unfortunately, we had too many good players on the roster.

Lastly, and most importantly, shoutout to Hclat, my "assistant" manager, for agreeing to do this with me. You helped out the team a lot more than I did, and you were a boon in prep all season. I look up to you a great deal as a player, and I am very thankful for you being so encouraging on the side. You allowed me to even have an opportunity like this, and you taught me the game of ADV as a whole. It's been awesome to work with you, and I'm looking forward to (hopefully) defending our title next year.

Thank you to everybody, once again, for making this tour amazing, and thank you for putting up with my inexperienced ass. Hopefully you all had as much fun as I did, and I'm looking forward to doing this again another year (or maybe in another tour!). Love y'all <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)