Gen 3 ADV LC Analysis Project

As you might have already heard, I'm pleased to announce we are starting an analysis project for ADV LC! While I have maintained up to date sample sets for every Pokemon on the viability ranking, I have always wanted to have proper analyses written for them. With the new year starting and multiple opportunities to play ADV LC coming up, this feels like the perfect time to get writing! This thread will go over the basics of contributing to this project, but if you have any other questions, feel free to message me here or on Discord (grapetylenol).

Important Reading
Welcome to Contributions and Corrections
Generation 8 Analysis Formatting Guide
Plagiarism
Spelling and Grammar Standards
Contributions and Corrections Simple Questions and Answers
Grammar-Prose Team Queue

Reservation Rules
  • Anyone is able to reserve up to 2 Pokemon at a time.
  • Those who have already shown to be heavily involved in the metagame get to write for the extremely high priority and most important Pokemon (marked as Reserved for QC members or experienced players). Because this is difficult to quantify in ADV LC, these analyses will be given out at my discretion - if you feel you are qualified, feel free to reserve it and I will let you know if I feel you are qualified to write it.
  • I will be posting reservation slates for what is available to write. Each reservation slate will contain roughly 12 sets to write for. Be sure to reserve sets early if you are interested in writing as they may go quickly.
  • Once you figure out which Pokemon you want to reserve, post in this thread. Under the circumstances that the index isn't updated, be sure to pay attention to recent posts to see what's taken.
  • Do not edit your posts if you wish to uphold your reservation.
  • This should be common sense, but only reserve a set if you have a good amount of knowledge about it and experience with the metagame.
  • Do not start a thread if your reservation hasn't been approved or it may be deleted!
Analysis Thread Tags
When you post your thread, be sure to use the appropriate tags for each stage of the analysis:

[WIP] (Work in Progress) - The analysis is incomplete and is not ready for the QC Team to evaluate yet. If your analysis stays in the WIP stage for a long time, it may be reassigned to someone else. Please avoid making comments in threads marked WIP unless it's extremely important.

[Quality Control] - When you are finished writing and ready for the QC Team to review, update your thread with this tag and include [QC 0/2] in the thread title. You can reply to the thread tagging the ADV LC QC Team if you wish. Make sure you update the thread title as you implement your QC checks (i.e. [QC 1/2], [QC 2/2])

[Copyediting] - When your analysis is ready for the Grammar Prose team to review (after 2 QC checks have been implemented,) include [GP 0/1] in your thread title. Please make a post in your thread tagging GP Team so that it will be put into the GP queue, and a GP team member will check the analysis for you.

[Done] - After you have implemented the GP check, the analysis is ready for upload. Some analyses may need two checks if the GP team member requests it.

Be sure to update your thread's tags and stamp number as you move along the process.

Reservation List
After reserving a Pokemon, you must post your analysis in a timely fashion. If you have any extenuating circumstances that prevent you from getting up your thread within a 72 hour time frame, please notify me here or on Discord (grapetylenol). Do not reserve an analysis you don't have time to write as this is unfair to others who want to contribute.

Analysis Format
[OVERVIEW]
Generalize what the Pokemon does in the metagame and as a whole and why you should or shouldn't consider using it on your teams. See this thread for more tips.

[SET]
(copy-paste exportable from smogdex)

[SET COMMENTS]
Describe what the moves on the set do, as well as the other aspects of the set such as the EVs and nature/item.

Describe some teammates that would be a good idea to pair with this Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
List some options for the Pokemon user that are plausible but not always recommended due to either being not consistent enough or too outclassed by other Pokemon in the metagame.

Checks and Counters
===================
**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

**Insert Threat Here**: Describe why the Pokemon is a threat.

[CREDITS]
Written by:

Quality checked by:

Grammar checked by:

Last edited:
Let's get started with some of the stars of ADV LC!

Reserved for QC members or experienced players
:diglett: Specially Defensive Trapper - Kaboom & reggg [DONE]
:diglett: Offensive Trapper - Kaboom [DONE]
:porygon: Tank - reggg [DONE]
:abra: Defensive Calm Mind - BlackKnight_Gawain
:elekid: SubPunch - grape tylenol [DONE]
:gastly: Mixed Offensive - Gangsta Spongebob [DONE]

Available to anyone
:abra: Offensive Calm Mind - BlackKnight_Gawain
:doduo: Choice Band - Bella [DONE]
:wailmer: Mixed Bulky Attacker - Flou [DONE]
:wailmer: Specially Offensive - Flou [DONE]
:elekid: Substitute + 3 Attacks - Gangsta Spongebob [DONE]
:Staryu: All-Out Attacker - reggg [DONE]

Last edited:
More analyses are available to write! Since last slate was unexpectedly popular, we will be limiting writers to one reservation at a time for this slate. If you are currently writing an analysis, you can only reserve a new one if your current analysis has passed both QC checks.

Reserved for QC members or experienced players
:bagon:
Dragon Dance - Kaboom [DONE]
:trapinch: Offensive Trapper - grape tylenol [DONE]
:houndour: Special Attacker - Gangsta Spongebob [DONE]

Available to anyone
:anorith: Swords Dance - SpoiledBerries
:chinchou: Offensive - grape tylenol
:koffing: Defensive - Cawil Maxamad [DONE]
:snubbull: Utility - Weterpete [DONE]
:cubone: Offensive - Gangsta Spongebob [DONE]
:duskull: Defensive - BlueWollyWog [DONE]
:exeggcute: Sunny Day Sweeper - Quinn
:horsea: Rain Sweeper - Peachy07
:voltorb: Offensive - Cawil Maxamad

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)