Add dates to analyses

I think it could be nice to add somewhere in the on-site analysis pages at least the date in which a page was last updated (especially if it could be done automatically since I do realise how time-consuming having to manually add dates to hundreds of pages would be). I think this would be useful in immediately determining if a particular analysis is outdated (i.e. it refers to an older metagame stage, it lacks data related to the latest games), especially in the current transition phase to B2W2 and/or in periods immediately following tier shifts.
As an example, Pokémon X has a new possibly useful move/ability but the analysis doesn't mention it, it's because said option isn't actually useful or just because the analysis is outdated?
Consider also the cases when a formerly useful Pokémon is outclassed by a recently dropped one, or a previously lackluster Pokémon gets a chance to shine due to some of its threats moving up or getting banned.

There's not really a way to do this besides manually entering the date for each analysis. We could make a script for it, but then it would update the last date for something like a spelling fix or layout change, which happens unrelated to actual content updates. It would be a useful addition, but I'm not entirely sure how feasible it is :/

That said, C&C peeps are hard at work updating for BW2, so the analyses will be brought up to date over time ^.^

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry to necro a thread that has already been locked but i feel like this is a good idea. It could be started now by just adding a "Analysis pre September 2012" to everything, then anytime someone makes a large enough change they are responsible for changing to the date too. A change large enough to warrant a change in the date will be a lot more effort than changing the date so it won't be a big deal.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
^ Yes, please.

You have no idea how much easier this would make the job of checking which analyses could use an update.

I think this is a great idea. Or at least an asterik next to the updated ones. It would really help sort out which ones were updated for B2W2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)