Rejected - Inactive Add a "movie mode" for replays

Shaymin Sky

You, no, all of you, are my repentance.
is a Community Contributor
I've been making youtube videos showcasing fun replays and, to be able to get only the battle box to be shown you have to crop, then resize the footage every time, and that gets annoying/you can make mistakes and not resize it correctly, as seen in 1 of my other videos(it was hard to notice though). There really should be a movie mode where only the box of the battle is shown where its fullscreened on the monitor, it would save me the 5-10 minutes every time I make a vid showcasing replay games, as well as give streamers who want to show their viewers a video that extra boost in quality. A button that would fullscreen the battle box and that's it, nothing extravagant really. You can even put a feature that would make the visuals look better for all i care idk just a fullscreen battle box option on replays is all

Last edited:

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Making it bigger is not going to make it look better, the sprites and graphics would just be stretched out to try to fit whatever size your monitor is. An easy way to get around annoying crops is just to create different scenes in OBS which are already fitted to the various battle boxes, whether it be live on the ladder or for the replays.

I know in Twitch Studio, at least, you can't specifically record from a browser window, but if you share your "entire" screen, you can actually change the size of the recording: If you make the window size of your recording bigger than the size of your stream itself, you'll be able to record only a specific part of your screen.
twitch studio explanation.png

As you can see here, I've set Twitch Studio to record my screen at "1920x1080". My streaming resolution is NOT 1080p, and as such the window for my screen recording goes outside the "recording area", as shown by the blue lines. Twitch is only recording the bottom-left area of my screen. This allows me to show Pokemon Showdown matches and other browser stuff without exposing personal information such as what tabs I have open, what PS rooms I'm in (I am in a few secret rooms), etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)