ORAS UU Absolutely Disgusting (A Pre-Terrak Ban Hyper Offense Team)

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Anyone remember that one OU team CTC made a while back that are nicknamed numbers in the order they're supposed to come out?

I made a very similar Hyper Offense team for UU after I heard Mence and Terrakion dropped to UU.
Of course, Terrakion and Serperior are both banned now so this team is probably permanently retired, but I felt like showing it off anyway because of how utterly stupid it was and how good it matched up against most of the metagame at the time.
This team got me to over 1500 Elo on my ULT alt in a couple sittings and I was actually pretty upset I couldn't get a more significant peak with this team before the bans because I'm pretty confident I could have gone much higher.
Also won a PS tourney with this on my main account, which isn't too significant or impressive at all but it says something about how consistent this team generally was.
Now, going in order was not always my best play when playing with this team but a lot of the
time if you had a good match up you could just go in order and win.
uult.png

1 (Azelf) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Explosion

Probably the best lead for this kind of team, sets up the screens, Taunts opposing leads so they don't get up their rocks, then goes boom, not much to say.
Even with no investment Explosion does decent damage so I prefer investing in bulk to reliably set up Dual Screens for my team, and max Speed investment to take advantage of Azelf's auspicious 115 Base speed tier.

2 (Terrakion) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt/SD
- Close Combat

Usually sent in after Azelf sets up Screens to set up the Rocks from behind Screens which basically ensures it lives any hit, and from there it just fires off Life Orb boosted STAB attacks to whittle down physical walls like Gliscor for the rest of my team, and speaking of Gliscor this Terrakion also has Taunt to further ensure no Rocks are set up on my side and to block Defog. Sometimes I ran Swords Dance on that slot though to really break shit down early.

3 (Absol) @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower/Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

The first Pokemon in my physical set up sweeper core, even now I think Mega Absol is pretty underrated, it rips apart offense with +2 Sucker Punches which can be set up from behind Screens most of the time. This thing is basically meant to lure in physical walls and either weaken or cripple them entirely by removing things such as Lefties and Eviolite. Against other offense teams either this or the next Pokemon usually just auto win. Play Rough gets excellent coverage with Dark STAB, but Superpower isnt a bad option for this team to lure and weaken Mega Aggron, a huge threat to this team. Magic Bounce is also pretty neat since I cant be phazed or crippled by status moves. A savage for sure. Plus it's most common revenge killers are immediately punished by #4...

4 (Slurpuff) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Return

Against mediocre players the game usually ends here after Absol gets RK'ed by a choice locked Heracross, Mienshao, or Hydreigon or a passive Fairy type like Florges. Jolly nature is necessary to outspeed Scarf Mienshao, Terrakion and Infernape, and the rest goes into powering up its attacks. Return is the best option in the last slot to lure and weaken Entei for #5 and to have a powerful 100% accurate option against frailer threats, and it's also my best option against Nidoqueen and Tentacruel. Another disgusting savage.

5 (Serperior) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

First part of the clean up crew for this team after Absol and Slurpuff weaken common Steel and Fire types in the tier. I opted for an all out attacking set just because Glare is kind of redundant when #6 is Scarfed anyway, plus Giga Drain offers better longetivity considering I am Life Orb, as well as a 100% hit on things like Swampert and Rhyperior late game. Dragon Pulse is my best hit on Goodra, Hydreigon and Haxorus while HP Fire takes out any remaining Steels like Forretress. Deserved the ban imo.

6 (Salamence) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage

Probably not Mence's best set, but it worked for this team because of how much pressure the team puts on my opponent's Steel types to switch in on my other sweepers to take hits repeatedly, and Fairies are at a rather low point in viability right now. It's also very hard to set up Rocks against this team so more often than not Mence is coming in at full HP.
So after my opponent's team has weathered the storm this pretty much just comes in and spams STAB to clean up with good bulk behind it to take priority attacks.
Usually Dragon Claw and Outrage are the only moves you'll ever need to use, but the other two coverage moves are just kind of there anyway, you shouldn't have to use them, I didn't.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah that's the team, pretty fucking disgusting, with an ideal match up you just sent them in order and there's little the opponent could do. That being said, this team did have a couple particularly bad match ups that you just have to play around:

Mega Aggron: this thing takes hits like a champ, and is a real nuisance to most of this team, especially if Absol isnt using Superpower. Preserving Terrakion after getting Rocks up was usually the best call whenever I saw this.

Mega Sharpedo: jesus christ this thing is the bane of Hyper Offense. There's honestly not much you can do about this one except keep Slurpuff healthy so you can at least force him to lose the Speed Boosts once Mega'ed or hope you dont get flinched by Waterfall.

Scarf Infernape: A real nuisance that was running around at the time because of Scarf Terrak, had to keep Mence healthy. A good reason to run Jolly Slurpuff. Scarf Terrak falls in this same boat but at least Stone Edge isnt as spammable of a secondary STAB as Flare Blitz, Slurpuff and Serperior have a much easier time taking advantage of it.

Last edited:
Not a bad looking team, will make a more detailed post later.

But seriously, where's the official thread with all the latest updates of bans/new additions/happenings to/in UU?

Hey man, really nice team you had here! Your team concept with Screens + Absol + Slurpuff was very smart since most of Absols revenge killers are Scarf Fighting types leaving Slurpuff to plow through the rest of the opponents team. The whole team was well put together made to threaten every team in the UU meta game. The only suggestion i would have had was to change Serperior's item from Life Orb to Leftovers. Life orb is not needed as pretty much any neutral hit dies at +2 from a leaf storm. Leftovers helps with sustaining health while boosting your special attack. Another change to the Serp set to to change HP fire to Glare. Glare helps cripple crobat which seemed to be on every team during the Serp era. HP Fire was mainly for Fortress while Crobat is way more common. Another reason to not use HP fire was the extra Speed IV to outspeed opposing Serps. That is pretty much all i have to say. I'm a fan of this HO team :]

I can confirm that this team was utterly stupid because I never played UU before and I used it with great success and very little thought put into my moves lol. Too bad we can't use it anymore :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)