Tournament AAAPL I - Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
Scheduling

Scheduling should be done on Smogon Profile walls, plain and simple:​
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: Post on your opponent's Smogon wall, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you can't play for any reason, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.​
Use these posts as a place to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well (or bo5 if you're insane like that)!

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to the Almost Any Ability Premier League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMPL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.​
All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to an activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S WALL); otherwise, it will be a deadgame. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMPL with) to avoid confusion and all match replays must be saved and posted in this thread.​

Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and all of the hosts (Isaiah). This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.​
Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, following these guidelines exactly.​

Matchups

:Charizard: vs:Psyduck:
Charming Charizzards (4) vs (1) Psycho Psyducks
SV: Ivar57 vs Quantum Tesseract
SV: Gwanian vs SparksBlade
2AC: Atha vs TTTech
SS: PandaDoux vs Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂
SM: The Number Man vs Tranquility
ORAS: PociekMociek vs Ainzcrad

:Salamence: vs :Ceruledge:
Smashing Salamences (2) vs (4) Cherry Pit Ceruledges
SV: pichus vs Potatochan
SV: Hera vs Kaif
2AC: DeepFriedMagikarp vs hariyana grande
SS: abriel vs zioziotrip
SM: Kinetic1000 vs Redflix
ORAS: berry vs crow crumbs

Deadline:
10:00 PM (GMT -4) on October 1st, 2023

Charming Charizzards (0) vs (0) Psycho Psyducks

SV:ojr vs SparksBlade

Smashing Salamences (0) vs (0) Cherry Pit Ceruledges

SV: Hera vs kaif

Last edited:

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Charming Charizzards (5) vs (1) Psycho Psyducks

SV:ojr vs SparksBlade

unlike honchkrows, zards didn't choke their season and they shouldn't have trouble to beat the Psyducks that had to play TB to qualify

Smashing Salamences (1) vs (5) Cherry Pit Ceruledges

natcrozma hahaing my predict post after qualifying & this only happening cuz zards sent their B LU against them force me to not bold them (except pichus cuz she's too good)

then zards will 5-1 the final with only pichus winning you're not forced to watch the end of the tour i just spoiled you

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
I lost my umbrella in a big train station, so it's time for 10 sec predicts (/shrug)

Charming Charizzards vs Psycho Psyducks

SV: ojr vs SparksBlade

Smashing Salamences vs Cherry Pit Ceruledges

SM: Kinetic1000 vs Redflix - this one will be close (I am coward)

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Charming Charizzards (3) vs (3) Psycho Psyducks

SV: Ivar57 vs Quantum Tesseract - I rate qt highly in gen 9
SV: ojr vs SparksBlade - ojr broken
2AC: Atha vs TTTech - trust the process
SS: PandaDoux vs Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ - tyrantrum gang
SM: The Number Man vs Tranquility - tnm puts actual crack in his teams
ORAS: PociekMociek vs Ainzcrad - idk either but I'll take the reaction point from pociek hahaing me

Smashing Salamences (3) vs (3) Cherry Pit Ceruledges

SV: pichus vs Potatochan - taylor swift
SV: Hera vs Kaif - hera has gotten better in this tour but I still rate kaif more
2AC: DeepFriedMagikarp vs hariyana grande - W I love ariana, release fantasize on spotify though
SS: abriel vs zioziotrip - zio can play like he's on crack sometimes but he's generally a good player
SM: Kinetic1000 vs Redflix - "redflix" in 2023. we watch HBO max now
ORAS: berry vs crow crumbs - berry deez nuts in ur mouth

btw have any of you all been watching fionna and cake I can't wait until the final episodes holy fuck

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
I finally know enough players to give my unwarranted and inexpert opinions on AAA

Charming Charizzards (5) vs (1) Psycho Psyducks

SV: Ivar57 vs Quantum Tesseract - Ivar (the European) taught me a bit of American geography, but QT is a fellow souther. Though QT sometimes makes better dad jokes than I do, so I will be bolding Ivar out of spite + Ivar is a bit of a handsome lad. Can't not bold him innit
SV: Gwanian vs SparksBlade - I've received a premonition from the old ones who once ruled the universe. They tell me that ojr will be subbed out for Gwanian who will bring a level 1 Toxic Debris Psyduck and win.
2AC: Atha vs TTTech - SIAMATO ON CRACK AND ATHA ON LSD
SS: PandaDoux vs Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ - This could say Jesus Christ and I'd still bold Maybca
SM: The Number Man vs Tranquility - EL NUMEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! BASED BOURGEOISSIE! Camomons council diff/masterclass
ORAS: PociekMociek vs Ainzcrad - ClodSconoSciuto. Placuszek goes full monkey and Geysers all over Ainzcrad

Smashing Salamences (2) vs (4) Cherry Pit Ceruledges

SV: pichus vs Potatochan - My sweet perfect queen, Pichus. She washes Potatochan then we go watch Gossip Girl
SV: Hera vs kaif - WHAT THE BABABOOEY IS THIS (insert motorcycle noises)
2AC: DeepFriedMagikarp vs hariyana grande - sylvi said hariyana but it was opposite day so I bold DFM instead
SS: abriel vs zioziotrip - Abriel used up all his 6'4" twink rage winning stab ssnl. He will now die as he lived (by the twink)
SM: Kinetic1000 vs Redflix - My sweet perfect king, Redflix. Idk if he's ever played AAA before, but he's too handsome to lose :blobsalute:
ORAS: berry vs crow crumbs - I've been telling people for months now that I'd be gettng my OM interview eventually, and there I'd explain where my name came from and so people could stop asking. I still haven't gotten it, so I'm bolding crow crumbs

Last edited:
hello, I don't know if this is the place/time to do it, but I would really like to do it for this aaapl, First of all a big thank you to my two great captain SpaceSpeakers and zastra you were super cool super funny it was really nice to have you as captain in this tournament! Thank you so much for buying from me, I was really happy to be picked, especially since I thought I wouldn't be picked for this aaapl.

Tranquility , honestly you are a great person, you help everyone and you have a great knowledge of lots of meta, and you were super cool with always good ideas, I really hope to see you again in the same team as me in a tournament!
SparksBlade : the incredible thing I say, you were super funny, you created a really good atmosphere and I have so much to say, I don't know you, but I'm not disappointed to have met you, very much quickly I hope!

TTTech, the triple technique, the triple T, you are really very funny and very nice, thank you for having done a lot for the team and for me during this tournament, I do not hope to see you again in a pl of bh , but in another it would be a great pleasure!
oaklies,,, I don't have much to say offhand about you, next time I'm sure crobat will work!
Quantum Tesseract, the goat of the oms you are an extraordinary builder and that an hour before the match you taped me your in game and just incredible, I really hope to see you again to just watch you play and learn even more about how to play .
Ainzcrad ! I admit that I didn't know anyone who wanted to play oras aaa, but you were into it and it was super nice, sorry not to have helped you as much ;(
Dragonillis , you are all absolutely incredible as teammates, continue to be as you are! We always say two without three, so see you soon in the next pl of one om! (this time with the winning ace)!

Finally, it is with regret that our path ends here, because I would have really liked to continue it! sorry for not helping enough, and for not helping as much as I could have done, see you soon and good luck for the final!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)