Other Metagames [AAA] Tinted Power (Peaked#1 with 1608)

What is love?

• Total voters

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Tinted Power
Hello you beautiful smogonites, its geerat from the showdown and today I am back with another OM team after a gap of exactly 2 months. Well I have tried quite a lot of metas in last few weeks like monotype and done well but since my team was standard as fuck there was no point in posting an RMT for that. But I really want to post one so here it comes my first RMT for AAA. I earlier have peaked the ladder once with stall so this time I kind of went for bulky offense. So, here is the first glimpse of the team:

Well listen to this 5 minutes of awesomeness
Team-Building

Well to start I wanted 2 extremely strong wallbreakers, so I went with tinted core of tini and volcanion.

Now, I wanted to build some sort of defensive core so I used zapdos as my bird check.

Well, gengar was looking really threatening so incomes scarf ttar so that it never gets more than one kill.

Tbh, I used unaware celebi from one earlier rmt to ensure I never lose to suicune+ rocks.

And in the end I wanted some revenge killer to birdspam, so luke fit the bill being faster than dnite.

Proof of the peak

Team ::

Mama's Boy (Volcanion) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Scald
- Flamethrower

- Overheat
Well, this guy has been a powerhouse in OU for last few months. Personally, I have never used volcanion in any of my teams but have always heard about it from my friends. As far as the set goes, he is freakishly powerful there are practically no switch-ins courtesy tinted lens except AV meloetta and chansey. Steam Eruption is well steam eruption, scald for some stable move. Flamethrower and overheat isn't as spammable lke others due flash fire and primordial sea users. Best thing about this set is that it heavily punishes teams that rely on flash fire mons and primordial sea ferro and stuff to deal with fire moves allowing tini to spam v-create freely later + suicune takes a sold 76% from steam eruption. Plus burn chance is awesome. Also fire and water coverage is all it needs, may be focus blast but I rather spam steam eruption all the time. Max speed as outspeeding uninvested base 100s is pretty important.

#VCreate (Victini) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike

- Trick
Now comes my favorite mon of all time, in whatever team I use this it performs so well. Again tinted cause whynaut (sorry! couldn't stop myself), generally it synergies so well with volcanion, hitting stuff like chansey hard while still having trick to cripple potential flash fire users(Well, you can still use mold breaker but then you kind of miss out on lot of stuff like chomp and suicune). Moveset is pretty standard, with bolt strike only for hitting primordial sea users.
Both of them hit on both sides of spectrum thus being pretty difficult to switch. Only thing is both of them share a massive rocks weakness and are relatively slow but, rest of the team is there for that only.

LoveBirdspam (Zapdos) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
I personally love defensive zappy with delta stream, as it checks so many physical attackers while still have one advantage over skarmory as it is able to pivot out. Now don't freak out over u-turn as I was pretty fed up with someone like chomp setting over me, yeah hp ice is an option, but discharge spam is so useful for a slow team like this. You can run lefties over rocky helmet if you are a pussy but rocky helmet brings a lot of stuff like lucario down to KO range as they spam Espeed. In most of the matches it practically over performs and has been one of the most important mons ever. You can try intimidate if you are worried about giving opposing flying mons neutrality but then you get blasted by most ate-espeed users.

PenelopeCruz (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

- Superpower/Ice Punch/Ice Beam
As you might have thought gengar just fucks shit up for my team, so just to eliminate that incomes scarf ttar, though I generally prefer band ttar or support variant, but gengar and thundurus were pretty important threats that I needed to revenge kill. Adaptability ensures pursuit KOes gengar even if it stays in. Even tough claws can be used to make the coverage move more powerful. Superpower is just general coverage helps to kill tough claws lucario, ice punch hits chomper and ice beam does almost same damage to tank chomp. Moreover its a great mon which helps to kill stuff like tini after a v-create, and also works as a bird spam check with zappy.

Cuteasfuck (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Energy Ball
- Baton Pass/Thunder Wave
- Recover
Isn't this little thing adorable? I used to have a magic bounce chansey over celebi, but it was so passive plus suicune still used to beat that shit. Unaware celebi is so good at checking suicune as well as lays rocks pretty easily. Giga Drain is a option over energy ball but energy ball clean 1hkoes diancie after rocks + you get style points for energy ball. As I said I got this idea from an earlier RMT from Laxlapras so thanks for that I guess. Bp is good for momentum generation but thunder wave helps a lot too specially switch-ins like gengar and tran(I meant chlorotran). Recover is obvious.
Anyways I really don't know why this mon is so underrated, it generally performs so well whenever I use celebi be it STABmons or OU or UU.

HeyHandsome (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch
And to finish an obligatory ate-speed user to revenge stuff like birds and garchomp as well as any frail mon. Jolly is preferred over adamant so that I could revenge stuff like entei and lucarios as most of them are adamant and power difference isn't even that noticeable. Dragonite can also be chosen but I didn't want to have another stealth rock weakness + dragonite is slow as fuck.Close combat is obviously the preferred STAB. Swords dance allows it to set up on passive mons. Extreme Speed is cool, and crunch is just for doublade. You can experiment with tough claws as it improves the damage output but you miss the ice type priority.
Threatlist ::
:: This thing is scary as fuck as it outspeeds ttar, luckily celebi takes a shadow ball well and can t-wave it also lucario avenges it but it's still scary. Luckily it's not common.

:: Opposing wallbreakers like banded tough claws dragonite are scary but are revenged easily. Choice Band tini is managable by wearing it down by zapdos rocky helmet and rocks.

:: Scary as my special wall celebi is destroyed by it, but luckily celebi still survives an adaptibility life orb dark pulse and can t-wave it and obviously it doesn't switch well.

This team works pretty well as long as your wallbreakers work well, remember its strength lies in destroying typical walls using tinted combo but is a little slow so don't be afraid to take down their walls early in game even if it means your mon will get 1Hkoed in return.
Replays ::

Well so now it ends, don't be sad here's something for you ;)

Last edited:

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Importable ::
Mama's Boy (Volcanion) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Scald
- Flamethrower
- Overheat

#VCreate (Victini) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Trick

LoveBirdspam (Zapdos) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog

PenelopeCruz (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Cuteasfuck (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Energy Ball
- Baton Pass
- Recover

HeyHandsome (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Crunch

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)