Other Metagames [AAA]The All Stars(Peaked #2)

Favourite OM this gen?

• Total voters

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
The All Stars
Hey guys, it's geerat from showdown and today I bring you my first RMT for gen-7. As some of you might know, I love doing RMTs and as S&M approaches it's first month, I thought I'd take my opportunity to make my first one this gen. And as visible from the title itself it's AAA. I could have gone for the peak but the ladder + my bad net connection meant each time I went to like 1530-40s, I lost like 50 points and had to start over again. So, after 2 tries I thought fuck it, lets be happy with #2. Anyways enough ranting, this generation AAA has been the most fun tier tbh, the sheer versatility of mons + abilities is huge and finally this makes way for all three play-styles - stall, balance and HO. Personally I went for HO as I am not a big fan of balance anymore and I don't like stall-_-(yeah, sue me). Also, I refuse to use speed boost in my team, as I want this team to be viable if speed boost is banned(and believe me it'll be :) )So, here's the first glance at the team :

Here's something to get on your mind
Proof of Peak(Not the highest one, but this is all i have):
Untitled10.png

Team-Building :
Not much here, tbh

It started with these two, pheromosa is the special set and entei is the trapper, not much else to say.

Next up, we have the priority stopper in alakazam + providing utiliity and slow volt switches is zappy.

Magearna acts as a speed boost xurk counter and in general a good special wall.

And finally we have our revenge killer.

1479366489731.png

[Since I don't wanna spoil the original RMT, I have suggested a replacement set in comments below since phero is banned]
Kendall Jenner (Pheromosa) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Focus Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
We all know and use this thing, it's ability to be versatile as well as unpredictable and run massive number of abilities effectively makes it most dangerous imo. But over time, as meta has adapted to it's physical sets, incomes the sheer force attacker :). This thing is just so powerful man, Focus Blast is already really powerful as coverage on different mons, now imagine someone having higher special attack than gengar getting STAB, sheer force boost along with life orb. What this set aims to do is break through conventional Pheromosa counters which expect a physical set as you bluff with U-turn, at the same time having the capability of breaking through special walls like easily 2hkoing chansey and even having a good chance to 2hko toxapex(whatever that name is) after rocks and 2hkoing magearna after a layer of spikes. In one of the replays if you bother to look at them, it 1 shots a chansey on a critical hit :o.
Only downside is having to use inaccurate focus blasts to get KOs. But on the other hand, your opponent generally won't have switch-ins for this set.

Brad Pitt (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Magnet Pull
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz
As I said above phero manages to do like 43% to magearna so it was pretty important that I had a steel trapper. You can basically use any fire type here, preferably physical ones as it generally run AV regen set, but you do get style points for entei and you use "something new". This here is the standard UU set, with sacred fire which evidently burns(not for me, literally never burnt anything for me but people say it does so...). It also gets coveted extreme speed, for a second you might want to run some ate ability, but believe me you shouldn't as trapping steels is entei's role in the team and you should not take that away from the team. Anyways, stone edge is just a filler and flare blitz if you are too scared of missing. You can run Bulldoze or Iron Head, but I don't like to run weak-ass shit.
Actually team has an unique way of trapping magearna which I would explain below.

Jeffrey Bridges (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Encore
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
Since gen-7 I have been a massive fan of mega-zam due to it's speed and the fact you get to 150 in the turn you mega-evolve which is huge as at 150 speed, you get to outspeed scarf users upto 83, remember this number kids, this is what xurktree's base speed stat is. Since, this is an offensive team psychic terrain provides invaluable support and powering up it's psychic to massive levels. Even after mega-evolving Mega-zam gains trace which in my opinion is an invaluable ability for a fast mon, allowing it gain different shit like speed boost, counterplay weather offense etc. Encore is the second most used move here stopping things like curse-lax, cm-cune if you play intelligently, be careful against DD users because if you can't kill them they'll be faster than you on the turn encore ends. Shadow Ball is just some coverage, though neutral psychic hits harder and Focus Blast is again standard fighting coverage. Also don't mega-evolve zam unless you really need to as it can come in multiple times to set up terrain.

Ellen Degeneres (Zapdos) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Defog
All through the gen-6 I used Zappy as my primary bird check and again it makes an appearance back in seventh generation, acting as a sort of defensive buffer for the team and provides slow-ish volt-switch for the offensive members of the team, other than that it controls things like dragonite. unboosted lando-t(if you are too scared of swords dancing lando-t , you can switch to intimidate zappy). Magic Bounce is good for this team as it helps control some random prankster shit or basically let's me win the hazards game with bounce + defog. Rocky Helmet is good as the team appreciates all the chip damage it can get and in a pinch it can act as a switch-in to physical pheromosa.

Emma Watson (Magearna) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
In my opinion, this is the best set on this team, this thing has won me so many fucking matches, and believe me I am so not overstating. The standard regen set is pretty good, but for this team, it was too passive, so instead I use this thing with volt absorb with max spl attack!
Let me just tell you the advantages of this set, volt absorb snatches momentum from an unsuspecting opponent, it mostly happens in a magearna vs magearna match-ups. Due to it's great coverage, general switch-in to magaerna is magaerna itself, so it doesn't allow the opposing one to volt switch out whereas I can safely go my trapper to swiftly KO it, hence allowing pheromosa to wreck shit.(You can see this play in plenty of replays) You see this is how the team synchronizes, each mon tries to make the other one succeed. Also, this at even 50% of health counters any xurk set, even the speed boost one, which admittedly rest of the team except mega-zam can't handle at all. Anyways, as far as the move-set goes, Fleur Cannon hits like a truck due to maximum investent, volt switch is for momentum, ice beam so that grounds can't switch-in safely and flash cannon is mostly a filler. This thing beyond any doubt is one of the best gen-7 mons.

Vin Diesel (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
And at last, we have the brute of the team which again ensures a lots of stuff like, things like volcarona, marowak-a don't go out of hand due to it's superior speed. Adaptability ensures it has more than enough fire-power to KO anything it needs to, and counters plenty of scarfers like kyu-b, victini etc. As far as the movepool is concerned, edge-combat gives it it's trademark powerful combo, stealth rock is just a filler, since I don't have a designated lead, I mostly opt out of setting rocks in a match, but it never hurts to have one. Rock Slide is just meh tbh, to have a more accurate move. You can use earthquake over slide to hurt doublade but seeing the rest of team, it probably doesn't need it. That 108 speed is really important so I'd advise going against adamant.

Threatlist ::
Erm..this is kind of hyper offense so you won't have switch-in for most of the stuff but don't worry you'll have mons which threaten the shit out of them or outright KO them. I am not gonna write down a threat-list as it is mostly irrelevant, just keep in mind the team does well, when you keep on attacking rather than trying to switch into defensive counters, to sum up don't let anything set-up to like +3 or something and you should be fine.
Replays :

Conclusion :
Anyways, AAA is really fun this gen so I encourage anyone who enjoys OMs to try it. As far as the team goes, it peaked to #2 and won a couple of room tournaments so I guess it is good. There aren't any specific tips and all but remember you have to intelligent in deciding whether or not to sack stuff.
I don't do shout-outs tbh, but thanks to everyone I know on smogon. I recently was in a very bad crisis in life and just got out of it so I guess I can be a little emotional. I'll post importable and some other HOs I have created in the comments section. Remember always ggs!!

Last edited:

NabboCheTesta

Gniubbo come sempre
Just a nitpick:
If Volt Absorb on Magearna is to absorb an enemy Magearna Volt Switch to then meet them with your Entei by volt switching your own Magearna out, wouldn't it be convenient to give Magearna like idk 28 IVs in Speed to have it act last? Unless the 65 speed tier is fundamental.
Then again, i have no clue of the AAA meta, just making an observation.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)