a team for uber, but also legal in standard!

Hi, I used only standard pokemons to build this team, it is mainly for uber, but also legal in standard!

Team at a glance!

Tyranitar
Careful nature
EV: 252hp/200SpD/56Atk
item:choice band
Moves:
Stone edge
Earthquake
Crunch
Pursuit

My leads. He stops Groudon and Kyogre lead getting their weather, though I have to switch if facing them. Lati@osget crunch or pursuit, Dialga face EQ, Deoxy-S and Darkrai lose their focus sash due to sand, Mewtwo fail to OHKO with Aura sphere and can OHKO back with crunch. He is also my physical attacker on the team.

Forretress
Relaxed nature
EV:252hp/252Def/6SpD
item:leftovers
Moves:
Spikes
Stealth rock
Rapid Spin
Earthquake

My spiker, rapid spinner and physical wall. He set up the vital entry harzard for me and spin off my opponent's. EQ help me to handle steel such as Metagross and Dialga. Help me couter some physical threat such as outraging Rayquazza, non fire punch Groudon, Metagross, Heracross and more. I am not sure if my EV spread is suitable for uber and I welcome any other suggestion .

Cresselia
Bold nature
EV:252hp/252Def/6SpD
item: lefeovers
Moves:
Rest
Sleep Talk/Reflect?
thunderwave
Ice beam

My main physical wall, but can also take some special beating. This is a very important pokemon on my team, as it counter so many threat. Dragon Dance Rayquazza, most Groudon, Garchomp, Shaymin-S all are stopped by her. I am debating should I go with Sleep talk or reflect, right now I think sleep talk seems to be better. Also, I need suggestion on EVs, I don't know how much EV I can pull out from Def so that I can still survive DD Rayquazza Outrages, and dump remaining in SpD, please tell me the number if you know.

Blissey
Calm nature
EV: 252Def/252SpD/6hp
item: leftovers
ability: natural cure
Moves:
Softboiled
Thunder
ice beam
Calm mind

Very standard uber Blissey set but nonetheless important. She is my only one that stop most of the special threat, Kyogre, Mewtwo, Drakari, Lati@os (can also stop by Tyranitar), Giratina, to name a few. I am also thinking about an Aromatherapy set or Wish pass set, but CM set seems to be the best.

Heatran
Rash nature
EV: 252Speed/252SpA/6hp
items:choice Scarf
Moves:
Fire blasts
Dragon Pulse/HP ice
Earthpower
Explosion

My only special sweeper, also a good revenge killer. It is my only pokemon to counter most of the steel type, including Scizor, Metagross and Dialga (as long as don't switch into an ground move), Magnezone, Forrestress, Skarmory and Bronzong, as well as revenge kill dragon Dragons such as Rayquzza and Garchomp. I think one of the biggest problem for Heatran here is that I don't pair it with Groudon, and I am looking for another special sweeper or a wall that can resist water+electric( I am thinking Lanturn for this). I am also thinking should I do Dragon pulse or HPice. I need your comment.

An alternative to Heatran
Lanturn
Ability:Volt Absorb
Calm nature
EV:252SpD/252hp/6SpA
item:Leftovers
Thunder
Icebeam
Confuse ray
thunder wave

I consider this guy over heatran as it is a good counter to Kyogre, as my only other counter to it is only Blissey, which is also my only special wall, so this guy can reduce some pressure from Blissey. Another point adding this is that it gives me water, electric, and fire resists. Parafusion really annoys people, and Lanturn also make the team more stall oriented compare to heatran. It is also a resonable check against Palkia that I may have trouble to deal with as long as I don't switch into a drogon moves, as I can diable it with parafusion. However, adding it to my team means there is no special sweeper, and please give your opinion on heatran or this guy.

Spiritomb
Careful nature
EV: 252hp/252SpD/6Atk
item: leftovers
Moves:
Will-o-wisp
Pain Split
Sucker punch
Pursuit

Perhaps the most weird addition to the team, as it is almost never seen in uber battle. However, he is the most and also my only reliable counter to Deoxy-A, who can otherwise sweep my entire team. He can also block opposing Forrestress Rapid Spin and burn it with Will-o-wisp shall the need arise. Pain Split is another selling point as most uber has at least 100 base hp, double of his own, so I can usually get a lot of healing while cutting opponent hp. It is also a decent counter to most psychic pokemon, such as Mewtwo and Lati@s.

Overall this is an uber stall team. As I mention I need opion on heatran or Lanturn. When you are giving your opinion, try to suggest other OU/UU pokemon instead of uber because standard against uber is the whole point of the team

Team check?

• Have a special wall? Yes (Blissey, and Spiritomb to some extent)
  • Have a physical wall? Yes (Forrestress, Cresselia)
  • Have a special sweeper? Yes (Heatran)
  • Have a physical sweeper? Yes (Tyranitar,)
  • Have resistances to Dragon, Ice, Electric, Psychic, Dark, Ghost, Bug, Fighting, Ground, Water, Fire, Steel and Rock? The team does not resist water, electric, and rock. As stated earlier, I am thinking to replace Heatran with Lanturn to cover Electric and water type attack, and fortunately none of my team are weak to rock.
  • Have a Spinner? Yes (Forrestress)
  • Have a phazer? No, but since Ninjask is the only Baton passer in ubers, and is rather uncommon due to the appearance of Stealth Rock, it is not much of a deal.
  • Have a weather changer? Yes (Tyranitar)
  • Have a Spiker/Stealth Rocker? Yes (Forrestress)
  • Have a sleep talker? Yes (Cresselia)

Threat List

The threat list that will also help in the creation of a solid Uber team. Remember, a counter must be able to switch into a Pokemon with little or no risk to itself and threaten to deal immediate and major damage or set up without much risk to itself.
Ubers

Mewtwo Cresselia and Forrestress should handle the physical variants. Special variants are handled by Blissey. Taunt versions can get ruined by being paralyzed by Blissey’s Thunder. Mew Nothing honestly counters this, as its movepool is enormous. Cresselia can take the sleep and Tyranitar can Pursuit it. Wobbuffet If you can’t switch out, you can’t counter it. Therefore, Wobbuffet is impossible to counter. Lugia Tyranitar handles the Calm Mind variants while Cresselia takes on the Toxic variant. Blissey is able to laugh at any special attack Lugia does, and is a backup. Ho-oh Tyranitar stoneedge and Cresselia stops it. Latios and Latias Blissey can come in and take little damage from their attacks, and Tyranitar can destroy both with either Crunch or Pursuit. Kyogre Blissey and the alternative Lanturn. Blissey can defeat it with Thunder. Cresselia handles the odd physical versions and mix version. If I choose Lanturn than it is the most reliable counter to this Groudon Cresselia wall it. Forrestress also set up on fire punch less variant. Rayquaza Cresselia can take a DDance boosted Outrage and ice beam it, Forrestress and Heatran soak up outrages too. Deoxys-A Spritomb destroys it.Deoxys-D Tyranitar handles the Toxic/Taunt/Agility variant while Blissey beats up Deoxys-D with the help of Calm Mind. Palkia Only Blissey stands a chance if it does not have physical attack, but if I choose Lanturn than I can take on with it too. I need suggestion to stop this guyDialga Blissey takes care of any and all special variants. Cresselia can come in the mixset and wear it down with ice beam and rest off the damage Giratina Blissey can come in and set up calm mind, eventually beat it with ice beam.Giratina-OForretress and Cresselia wall the physical set and Blissey can take on special set. Tyranitar is also a good counter if it does not have aura sphereShaymin-S
Blissey and Cresselia can come in and ice beam it to death. Heatran is faster than non-sccarf version and can fire it to death.
Darkrai If predicted right, Cresselia absorbs the sleep and Blissey handles all special attack Darkrai throws to her. Manaphy Manhandled by Blissey's Thunders.

Non ubers

Metagross Heatran can switch in a non EQ move and kill it with Fire blast. Forrestress can also come in to set up entry hazzard or hit it with EarthquakeBlissey Tyranitar come in and Crunch or Pursuit. Heatran Tyranitar cut off the sun and hit it with Earthquake. Blissey can also come in and Calm mind up. Weavile Forrestress can come in and set up or wear it down with EQ. Heatran and also come in and scare it off with fire moveTyranitar I have trouble against this. Foresstree stands a chance to hit it with repeated EQ. But I don't have anything else since Cresselia get hit by STAB Crunch. I need suggestion to fix this. Skarmory Heatran burns it to cinders. Lanturn can thunder it. Forestress can set up on it.Forretress Spritomb absorbs Explosion and rapid spin, and burn it with will-o-wisp.My own Forretress can come in to blow away the entry harzard it set up.Magnezone Spritomb takes explosion. Heatran kills it regardless of being trap. Lanturn can also parafusion it.Ninjask None sadly, but if it is repeatedly attacked, it will usually pass nothing but Speed, which by itself isn't overly threatening. Heracross Another pokemon I have trouble to against. Heatran is my best bet, but I don't want to switch in close combat. Fortunately I think this guy are not that common now.All Chlorophyll Pokemon (such as Tangrowth and Exeggutor) Handled by Blissey and Tyranitar. Tyranitar cut off the sun, Blissey can set up calm mind on them. Spritomb can also come in most of the set and burn them, than restore heal by pain splitShedinja Tyranitar and Spritomb pursuit it. Forretress set up entry hazzard.Swift Swimmers Ludicolo and Kingdra are handled by Blissey. Floatzel is slightly harder to handle, but without Taunt it is ruined by Cresselia thunder wave. Its weak defenses allow it to be a snack to the common Thunder in the team. Tyranitar can cut off their weatherJirachi Tyranitar and Forrestress can Earthquake it. Heatran also burn it with fire. Blissey can paralyze it with Thunder too, although nothing but a stallwar happens when two pokemon are facing each other armed with Calm Minds. Blissey might emerge victorious in the end with a single critical hit, because Blissey will survive a Critical Hit anything Jirachi throws at it. Bronzong Cresselia absorb sleep. Spritomb absorb explosion and possible burn it. Heatran kills it with fire.

Sorry I did not post my threat list very well, this is a better post for the threat list

Threat List

The threat list that will also help in the creation of a solid Uber team. Remember, a counter must be able to switch into a Pokemon with little or no risk to itself and threaten to deal immediate and major damage or set up without much risk to itself.
Ubers

Mewtwo
Cresselia and Forrestress should handle the physical variants. Special variants are handled by Blissey. Taunt versions can get ruined by being paralyzed by Blissey’s Thunder.
Mew
Nothing honestly counters this, as its movepool is enormous. Cresselia can take the sleep and Tyranitar can Pursuit it.
Wobbuffet
If you can’t switch out, you can’t counter it. Therefore, Wobbuffet is impossible to counter.
Lugia
Tyranitar handles the Calm Mind variants while Cresselia takes on the Toxic variant. Blissey is able to laugh at any special attack Lugia does, and is a backup.
Ho-oh
Tyranitar stoneedge and Cresselia stops it. Latios and Latias Blissey can come in and take little damage from their attacks, and Tyranitar can destroy both with either Crunch or Pursuit.
Kyogre
Blissey and the alternative Lanturn. Blissey can defeat it with Thunder. Cresselia handles the odd physical versions and mix version. If I choose Lanturn than it is the most reliable counter to this
Groudon
Cresselia wall it. Forrestress also set up on fire punch less variant.
Rayquaza
Cresselia can take a DDance boosted Outrage and ice beam it, Forrestress and Heatran soak up outrages too.
Deoxys-A
Spritomb destroys it.
Deoxys-D
Tyranitar handles the Toxic/Taunt/Agility variant while Blissey beats up Deoxys-D with the help of Calm Mind.
Palkia
Only Blissey stands a chance if it does not have physical attack, but if I choose Lanturn than I can take on with it too. I need suggestion to stop this guy
Dialga
Blissey takes care of any and all special variants. Cresselia can come in the mixset and wear it down with ice beam and rest off the damage Giratina
Blissey can come in and set up calm mind, eventually beat it with ice beam.
Giratina-O
Forretress and Cresselia wall the physical set and Blissey can take on special set. Tyranitar is also a good counter if it does not have aura sphere
Shaymin-S
Blissey and Cresselia can come in and ice beam it to death. Heatran is faster than non-sccarf version and can fire it to death.

Darkrai
If predicted right, Cresselia absorbs the sleep and Blissey handles all special attack Darkrai throws to her. Manaphy Manhandled by Blissey's Thunders.

Non ubers

Metagross
Heatran can switch in a non EQ move and kill it with Fire blast. Forrestress can also come in to set up entry hazzard or hit it with Earthquake
Blissey
Tyranitar come in and Crunch or Pursuit.
Heatran
Tyranitar cut off the sun and hit it with Earthquake. Blissey can also come in and Calm mind up.
Weavile
Forrestress can come in and set up or wear it down with EQ. Heatran and also come in and scare it off with fire move
Tyranitar
I have trouble against this. Foresstree stands a chance to hit it with repeated EQ. But I don't have anything else since Cresselia get hit by STAB Crunch. I need suggestion to fix this.
Skarmory
Heatran burns it to cinders. Lanturn can thunder it. Forestress can set up on it.
Forretress
Spritomb absorbs Explosion and rapid spin, and burn it with will-o-wisp.My own Forretress can come in to blow away the entry harzard it set up.
Magnezone
Spritomb takes explosion. Heatran kills it regardless of being trap. Lanturn can also parafusion it.
Ninjask
None sadly, but if it is repeatedly attacked, it will usually pass nothing but Speed, which by itself isn't overly threatening.
Heracross
Another pokemon I have trouble to against. Heatran is my best bet, but I don't want to switch in close combat. Fortunately I think this guy are not that common now.
All Chlorophyll Pokemon (such as Tangrowth and Exeggutor)
Handled by Blissey and Tyranitar. Tyranitar cut off the sun, Blissey can set up calm mind on them. Spritomb can also come in most of the set and burn them, than restore heal by pain split
Shedinja
Tyranitar and Spritomb pursuit it. Forretress set up entry hazzard.Swift Swimmers Ludicolo and Kingdra are handled by Blissey. Floatzel is slightly harder to handle, but without Taunt it is ruined by Cresselia thunder wave. Its weak defenses allow it to be a snack to the common Thunder in the team. Tyranitar can cut off their weather
Jirachi
Tyranitar and Forrestress can Earthquake it. Heatran also burn it with fire. Blissey can paralyze it with Thunder too, although nothing but a stallwar happens when two pokemon are facing each other armed with Calm Minds. Blissey might emerge victorious in the end with a single critical hit, because Blissey will survive a Critical Hit anything Jirachi throws at it.
Bronzong
Cresselia absorb sleep. Spritomb absorb explosion and possible burn it. Heatran kills it with fire.

if on OU team in ubers I would suggest placing a ludicolo on your team. With plenty of HP and special defence EVs he can wall specs kyogres water spouts, surfs and ice beams EASILY, but has a slight chance of being 2hkod by thunder. He also resists ground for groudon and is a decent RP groudon check if you throw in some defence EVs. I would suggest using a moveset of Leech Seed / Protect / Grass Knot / Toxic.

With the above set you can leech seed after switching into kyogre (or grass knot if you fear substitute) and start protecting to stall. With rain dish, leftovers, and protect you will be gaining around 25% back each turn. You could also toxic whatever comes in (rayquaza/darkrai) who think they can set up on you.

Another thing is that you need more Special Defence on forretress, because you need him to be able to take some dragon attacks from choice scarf palkia or latias etc. You should also change blisseys moveset to Wish / Protect / thunderwave / (ice beam/flamethrower/seismic toss) so that you can heal memebers of your team who have no other way of healing, such os forrestress

I see one huge problem with this team. It can't dish out damage. Stall in ubers requires the use of poke like latias and lugia and using non-uber pokemon just won't work. You have switch-ins sure but that's about it. The only ou pokemon that can consistantley sweep in ubers is SD lucario. That is only with wobb support as well as some entry hazard to weaken certain threats. This team will start off well but once your poke start taking damage they won't be able to switch in very often and other uber stall teams will have their way with you. Truthfully, I don't think there is any way to make a consistant uber team that uses no uber pokemon of their own. The only exception would be something like trapping but that would benefit from wobb.

You can ev a lead adamant/brave tyranitar so that it ohkos standard kyogore leads with payback and doesnt die to water spout in the sandstorm

Yeah man this team would get owned.
I used tentacruel in my uber stall team. It can switch in on a aura sphere ice beam mewtwo and other walls and i like it better than forretress. But 4 pokes in that team were ubers

Lanturn doesnt counter kyogore. Water spout even without choice specs nails it in the rain

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)