A strange, but working team

(Dragonite) (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Dragon Tail
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Substitute
Shuffler to mess up boosters and stuff. Multiscale goes into substitues at full health, and thunderwave allows me to roost and get out of sticky situations. Dragon tail shuffles opponents, and stops Scrafty right in its tracks.

(Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Scizor's partner in life. Covers his sole weakness to fire, and also functions well as a special tank, but his primary purpose is to troll skarmbliss, and other such defensive duos that would normally give me hell.

(Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Helps beat Tyranitar, and a whole bunch of other things, and provides as a good scout. Trolls Skarmbliss with Rotom-W, and acts as a trap to Latios, and his sister. I have him on zero speed IVs so that I can counter things like Cloyster, which need to go second.

(Salamence) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 116 Atk / 216 SAtk / 176 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break
- Roost
Mixmence. I have brickbreak to hit Blissey and chansey, as well as several other things that are weak to fighting attacks. Fireblast to hit scizor, ferrothorn and forretress, with draco meteor to 1hko things that need to die. I'm considering a choice scarf set with EQ though, because Salamence winds up slower than a lot of things that can kill it, namely Lati@s.

(Cloyster) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell
Not so sure about this guy though. I only recently added him, but I'm definitely looking for someone better. Anyways, acts as a near unstoppable sweeper if he sets up, and can 2HK Ferrothorn with Icicle spear. Razor shell is for a stab water attack that can hit things that resist ice and rock.

(Hitmonchan) (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Fire Punch
- ThunderPunch
A good, solid, reliable rapid spinner, but with a twist. I brought Hitmonchan here to counter Tyranitar, ferrothorn, and Excadrill, which it does rather well, but against things like Jellicent, it really does struggle.

Anyways, I'm looking for a counter to Jellicent, and burns in general. Constructive criticism will be appreciated.

I suggest you add Whimsicott to deal with Jellicent. I find the SubSeed combo works well in bringing down the ghost jellyfish. It can also run Taunt to shut down Willowisp or combo it with Encore to ward off any attack moves that burn.

i agree. jellicent relies on WoW, so go with whimsicot. you can shut it down in just 2-3 turns quite easily. use taunt before it gets you with WoW, then use encore. it forces a switch as the opponent cannot use any moves.

Nice team. I have a couple of suggestions to help you out with some of the problems your team has. First of all, switch your Hitmonchan to Bulk up Conkeldurr. A set of:

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 120HP/ 252Atk/ 136SpD
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Payback

This Conkeldurr doesn't mind switching into Jellicent at all, as it can eat a WoW and proceed to Bulk Up/Payback with huge attack after the guts boost. I also suggest you switch the item on your Cloyster to Focus Sash. That way, outside of Sandstorm, you're guaranteed to get off a Shell Smash before your opponent can KO you (barring Priority, of course). With 2 Dragons on your team, and only one steel, your team can be ran through by any number of Dragons, the worst for your team being one of the Lati twins. Using Dragonite as a shuffler with no Hazards on your team seems like a serious misallocation of assets. If you're looking to keep Thunder Wave support, I suggest you switch Dragonite for a Specially Defensive Jirachi. A set of:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252HP/ 216SpD/ 40 Spd
Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
-Thunder Wave
-Stealth Rock
-Wish
-Iron Head

Jirachi can sponge hits from Lati's while providing wish support for your more frail sweepers like Salamence and Cloyster. It also provides Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave support that your team desperately needs. GLB.

May I suggest Hitmontop over Hitmonchan, it does currently what Hitmonchan is doing but better with higher defenses and intimitate.

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Hi Jump Kick
- Toxic
- Rest

Really there aren't many other options here aside from the last slot. If you wish foresight can be used if spin blockers are really getting to you or sucker punch for Latios.

Hey there.

First off, Hitmonchan isn't really a good spinner, especially since you yourself said it struggles with the #1 OU Spin-Blocker, Jellicent. Also, you desperately need entry hazards, especially with your U-Turn + Volt Switch use, so for these reasons, definitely replace Hitmonchan with a Forretress.

Rapid Spin Forretress
Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes

Forretress can Volt Switch into Rotom-W on predicted Jellicent switch-ins, thus helping you maintain momentum until you can take it out. This task becomes much easier with the additions of Spike and Stealth Rock that Forretress provides; this will greatly help you wear own the opponent with Volt Switch + U-Turn.

Alright, now, there are a couple of pokemon that can basically destroy your team: Specs Latios, DD Dragonite, Excadrill, SD Toxicroak, Terrakion, Lucario, Thundurus, Starmie. Latios can be beaten by changing Scizor's EV Spread to 216 HP / 40 Atk / 252 SDef with a Careful nature. This will let it take Draco Meteors much better, and allow it to finish off Latios with Pursuit.

Now, something that can defeat the majority of the threats that you are weak to is Slowbro; replace Cloyster with it as it is the least useful member of your team, (you said yourself that you wanted to replace it).

Defensive Slowbro
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
- Psychic
- Slack Off
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Slowbro is an absolute monster, being able to defeat every major threat you are weak to besides Latios (which is now handled by Scizor), Starmie, and Thundurus. Ice Beam lets it destroy Dragons such as Dragonite, while Psychic is chosen over Fire Blast / Toxic / Thunder Wave in order to decimate Toxicroak, and in order to deal more damage to Terrakion. Regenerator makes Slowbro very difficult to kill as well, especially with the Rapid Spin support you have.

Now, Thundurus is the final major threat to your team. This weakness can be fixed pretty easily by replacing Salamence with a Gastrodon. Running 2 dragons isn't that good unless you are using an offensive team regardless.

Special Wall Gastrodon
Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Recover

Gastrodon can take on Thundurus, annoy rain teams, and destroy Starmie. It also form s a pretty good specially defensive core with Dragonite. Ice Beam lets it 2HKO Thundurus, while Earthquake lets it hit walls such as Jirachi and Tentacruel hard; it also lets it be much more of a problem for Volcarona to deal with.

Hope I helped, and good luck!

If you want a priority rapid spinner, use Hitmontop over Hitmonchan with this:

Hitmontop @ Leftover/Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EV: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Mach Punch
- Fake Out
- Rapid Spin
- Pursuit/Stone Edge

Solves your Jellicent problem too, and you keep your rapid spinner. Pursuit will hit hard with Technician, Fake Out + Priority Mach punch (both boosted by Technician) will help you revenge kill and KO other pokemons too. Stone Edge if you don't want pursuit.

Also Gastrodon is not so highly recommended to counter rain teams, mostly because of alot of rain teams carrying Hidden Power Grass now.

I recommend Lanturn to counter your rain dance issue.

Lanturn @ Leftover
Trait: Water Absorb
Nature: Calm
EV: 40 HP / 192 Def / 100 SpA / 176 SpD
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Heal Bell/Substitute

This guy will also fix your status problem, EV spread is to help its poor special atk and keep him bulky.

If you want a priority rapid spinner, use Hitmontop over Hitmonchan with this:

Hitmontop @ Leftover/Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EV: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Mach Punch
- Fake Out
- Rapid Spin
- Pursuit/Stone Edge

Solves your Jellicent problem too, and you keep your rapid spinner. Pursuit will hit hard with Technician, Fake Out + Priority Mach punch (both boosted by Technician) will help you revenge kill and KO other pokemons too. Stone Edge if you don't want pursuit.

Also Gastrodon is not so highly recommended to counter rain teams, mostly because of alot of rain teams carrying Hidden Power Grass now.

I recommend Lanturn to counter your rain dance issue.

Lanturn @ Leftover
Trait: Water Absorb
Nature: Calm
EV: 40 HP / 192 Def / 100 SpA / 176 SpD
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Heal Bell/Substitute

This guy will also fix your status problem, EV spread is to help its poor special atk and keep him bulky.
Hitmontop is owned by Jellicent >.< pursuit won't OHKO and then jellicent will WoW hitmontop. also, I agree with the poster suggesting gastrodon; there's a reason lanturn isn't used. Also, HP grass hits lantern hard too. Plus, 90% of the time its rather obvious if they have HP grass (if you have gastrodon in and they switch to politoed 99% of the time they carry hp grass)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)