Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Protect
As you can see he is pretty straightforward defensive, with no offensive prowess at all. he survives a gallade zen headbutt and gardeviour psychic. Moreover just directs attacks to itself and regular spore spamming inside trick room. and giga drain just to deal some damage to water types and restore health to itself.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Def
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Protect
Standard azumarill set. believe me she is dangerous inside trick room . i generally dont lead with her i let taunters of opposition die and if lucks on my side she just cleans up the weakened pokemon. I thought about removing protect with knock off but then found out after belly drum she pretty much needs some insurance.

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Trick Room
Actually she is my primary trick room setter, i used to have a porygon 2 in its place, but then i realised how good cress was. takes about 64 percent damage from knock off from bisharp. we are anyway going to boost its spl. defense any ways so evs there. ice beam is actually more effective than psyshock. as my team does not need much protection against fighting types also it after one calm mind koes lando-t, garchomp.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Ancient Power
- Substitute
- Protect
I know you are going to say wtf? why no earth power on subtran. because during battles i realised how good was heatran against char-y.and most of opponents are surprised as i lure their char-y with heracross or amoongus. he actually completes an unusual fire-water-grass core.i tried earth power and flash cannon but they weren't as effective for team. plus i am not walled by heatran, other members pretty much assure that.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Trick Room
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt
This guy..he is a beast. he sucks defensively but if inside trick room with amoongus, he just stands there and laughs at everything. trick room is just something i wanted to run on another mon,as someone rarely taunts hoopa, he supports the team while maintaining humongous offensive pressure. hyperspace fury and zen headbutt both are STABs and drain punch is just coverage also restores some health.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Protect
Again another pokemon i enjoy a lot, as you can see my team faces little difficulty against those focus sash guys, like gengar, alakazam,weavile..and here heracross comes to aid. close combat over arm thrust just for raw power against some one as bulky as kanga. others are pretty mandatory. bullet seed roasts rotom-wash, who otherwise could be a issue for me if amoongus gets koed. no pin missile as protect is pretty mandatory.it also lures talonflame just to get koed by heatran.

Actually heracross is not that bad, he just loves some speed control. i actually ranked at about 20 in showdown with this team, it was just so fun to play with it. But i do want to rise from there too so just give this team a rate and if i could improve anything all suggestions are welcome. And believe me this is not a gimmick. :mad::mad::mad:

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
This team looks really fun, hera reminds me a ton of space's tailroom. Keep doing what you're doing, don't let the ladder (or dubs guys telling you mega hera is trash) get you down. Hera honestly isn't one of the best megas, but it's one of the most fun to use imo.

A bunch of your evs are inefficient though. Generally, you want around twice as much hp as both defenses, so 252 hp tends to be the best choice. If you want to calc further for a benchmark, go ahead, but try and maximize hp before you do anything else.

Like give hera and heatran max hp instead of whatever bulk you're using now. The azu's okay though, pretty sure that's a benchmark for lando or something.

Hoopa prefers hyperspace hole instead of zen headbutt and a brave nature because breaking protect is super important and you don't get a big damage drop because of hoopa's ridiculous spatk. Also, it hits harder than zen when you're burned or intimidated.

I think you're well equipped enough against washtom to use pin missile>bullet seed on hera. It's quite important for hitting things like cress, latios, and amoonguss, and it only does 25% less to washtom cause stab.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
but zen headbutt koes an amoongus..which is the benchmark for hoopa, which i dont think hyperspace hole would do ..as amoongus are specially defensive, though i like about the defensive evs about heatran..anyway thanks man..

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hyperspace Hole requires 204 SpA EVs to OHKO 252/72 Sassy Amoonguss with Life Orb, which is a bit steep; Zen Headbutt is justifiable for those who want to conserve EVs, although Hole is probably still the better choice, especially with a team so physically-based as this one.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hyperspace Hole requires 204 SpA EVs to OHKO 252/72 Sassy Amoonguss with Life Orb, which is a bit steep; Zen Headbutt is justifiable for those who want to conserve EVs, although Hole is probably still the better choice, especially with a team so physically-based as this one.
Actually I tried out hyperspace hole and you were right it does help to have some special coverage..just one more help guys, recently my mega hera has been failing a lot, can you suggest another mega who syncs with the team well..well, thanks in advance

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Mega Kangaskhan, if you're okay with it. You've got quite a few fighting resists already, and all your mons appreciate fake out for some form of setup (belly drum, spore, tr). Also, kanga works quite well outside of tr, making your team a bit more balanced past full tr, leaning towards semi. Something else you might enjoy is amoonguss's ability to let kanga set up pups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)