A Semi-stall

Okay, this is my team for OU. I don't use weather, and win a lot, but pokemon like breloom give me trouble. I think that there's some other things wrong here too, so I was hoping for some constructive criticism.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Flash Fire
Calm
252 Hp/ 252 SpD/ 4 Def
Lava Plume
Toxic
Stealth Rock
roar
shuffler/sun team check that covers Forretress's glaring weakness to fire attacks. Also provides stealth rock support so Forretress has a free slot for Toxic Spikes which better fit the stallish nature of this team.

(Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Weakness covering partner for Scizor, and general threat to a lot of things in OU like Skarmory and Slowbrow. Absolutely shuts down Skarmbliss with the help of Scizor. Also stops rain teams in their tracks.

(Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Scout/threat to the psy/dark/fighting circle in OU. I generally use U-turn rather than pursuit when I'm predicting a psychic switch so that I lose nothing if I predicted wrong. Scizor alone adds a nice amount of "shelter: for my team by acting as a glue to hold it together.

(Gastrodon-West) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Recover
Thunderbro counter, and stopper for rain dance teams that lack HP grass. Even with hp grass though, I can usually survive and switch out to Scizor, and start the U-turn/volt switch cycle. Functions as a pseudo-special wall, and works in tandem with Slowbro to create a "bulky water" core for my team.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish
252 Hp/ 176 Def/ 80 Spe
Substitute
Protect
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Physical wall that also acts as a counter to Excadrill, and sandstorm teams in general. EQ hits Tyranitar, and Ice fang hits other Gliscors. I have protect on here to help recover HP with poison heal.

(Forretress) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
Rapid spinner and spiker/toxic spiker. I have volt switch on him to let him do a moderate scout job, and escape bad situations while even hitting a few water types for some nice damage. Sturdy ensures that he will at least be able to do something, be it rapid spin or set up stealth rocks which are needed by Heatran to shuffle.

That's my team. So far, it's been quite successful, but still could use improvement. Let me know what you think. Thanks. :)

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't see what function Dragonite serves. There's no slow power hitter to abuse the paralysis support. So you'd probably be better off with a different method for checking sun teams. Specially defensive Heatran is perhaps the best man for the job on a stall team. Also absorbs the fire moves aimed at Forry.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Flash Fire
Calm
252 Hp/ 252 SpD/ 4 Def
Lava Plume
Toxic
Stealth Rock
Protect

This also opens up a moveslot on Forretress for which he can use Toxic Spikes instead. This is very significant as it allows you to make the next change.

You seem to have a significant problem against sand teams. Slowbro is your best bet agianst them, and lets be honest, thats not a good thing. I also don't see the point of having 3 bulky waters on the same team. I suggest replacing Slowbro with a Subtect Gliscor. With Toxic Spikes support as well as additional status support from 3 other members if necessary. Subtect Gliscor becomes an absolute monster. Gliscor is capable of starting an infinite chain of Substitute and Protect because after 2 turns, poison heal recovers the Hp lost from making the sub. With so much status support. Gliscor can also afford to run Ice Fang instead of Toxic. This allows it to beat Air Balloon Excadrill and Terrakion to boot.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish
252 Hp/ 176 Def/ 80 Spe
Substitute
Protect
Earthquake
Ice Fang

When you add suggestions to your text, you should respond to keep your topic alive.
The team has good type synergy and is overall pretty balanced.
-Gliscor only needs substitute or protect, not both. Fling will poison your oponent and help you stall even better.
-All your pokemon add toxic or burn except scizor, and you actually don't have a staller. I would recommend Mew. It is so versatile that most people will not realize that you are running a staller set before it is too late.
-5/6 of your team resists sand. if you are going for semi-stall you might want to try Choice Band Tyranitar. This will give you sand which will make stalling all that much easier. If you do go for Tyranitar, I would not use mew and instead use Reuniclus.
Also, Fact: New World Order always suggests Specially Defensive Heatran. Always.

Edit: I have just realized you posted an RMT 3 days ago. You aren't supposed to make more than 1 a month or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)