A Random RMT

Pokemon added/modified are in Bold. Removals (pokemon and outdated statements) were removed.

Swampert
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Torrent
Evs: 236 HP, 216 Def, 56 Spa
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Stealth Rock
-Roar
Replaced Bronzong as a bulky lead/stealth rocker. Swampert is used because it is a better check to stuff like TTar and DD Gyara as well as bulky waters (using roar). Twave immunity is a plus.
Bronzong
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Sassy
Evs: 252 HP, 86 Atk, 80 Def, 92 Spd
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Gyro Ball
-Hypnosis

Standard wall/lead Bronzong. I use this lead because my team otherwise pretty much lacks in bulk, and I need him to stand in the way of stuff like Suicune, DD Gyara or DD Kingdra. Gyro Ball is a given, for the KOs on Gengar, Ttar, etc. Hypnosis is here because sleep is quite an effective way of crippling aforementioned waters. Earthquake is here instead of something like Explosion because exploding would make me short a needed wall. It’s also gotten some nice shots on Heatran switch-ins. =)

Vaporeon
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold
Evs: 188 HP, 252 Def, 68 Spa
-Surf
-HP Electric
-Wish
-Protect

Replaced Starmie. With the removal of Weavile, this team is not as stealth rock weak, so starmie is not as needed. Wish support backs up a team made predominantly of choicers and life orbers. Counters threats like Infernape, DDGyara, and can scout moves with Protect.

Starmie
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
Evs: 136 HP, 156 Def, 216 Spe
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Recover
-Rapid Spin

Standard bulky Starmie. This, sadly, ranks as the second bulkiest member of my team (I know, sad isn’t it?). Regardless, makes a good Gyarados counter. My team is unfortunately somewhat Stealth Rock weak, so doubles as a rapid spinner. Natural cure also makes it a decent status absorber. Unfortunately, with so many duties, I often find Starmie having an unfortunately early demise. I had full offensive Suicune(Life Orb, CM, Surf, Ice Beam, HP Electric) here at one point, but I really needed a rapid spinner.

Gengar
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Hasty
Evs: 4 Def, 252 Spa, 252 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Explosion
Standard offensive Gengar, and one of my all-time favorite Pokes. With Life Orb, stab Shadow Ball, etc, he really takes a chunk out of slower targets not named Scizor. Faster targets (Alakazam, Azelf), I’m outta there. Weavile? Shit man…. Anyways, I’ve chosen Explosion over HP Fire or Hypnosis because I find the unexpected boom on Blissey more useful than scoring Scizor while using this team. Makes a decent final sweeper after my choicers have taken their bites out of an opponent’s team.

Infernape
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Naïve
Evs: 64 Atk, 252 Spa, 192 Spe
-Close Combat
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot
-HP Ice

This is my other non-choiced sweeper, and also my other decent final sweeper. I chose to run no attack evs because blissey and any other fighting-weak poke gets wrecked anyways. It also gives Grass Knot as much kick as possible against lighter targets like Vaporeon. One of my concerns is the speed iv HP Ice takes away, meaning I lose speed “ties” against Jolly apes not carrying HP Ice. I use flamethrower over fire blast because I am not a particular fan of the accuracy drop, which could make the difference between winning and losing, seeing as I often save Infernape till the end.

Heatran
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Naive
Evs: 4 Def, 252 Spa, 252 Spe
-Flamethrower
-Earth Power
-HP Grass
-Explosion

Choice Scarf Heatran. I carry HP Grass instead of Dragon Pulse or HP Ice because I don’t have a particularly tough time against stuff like Flygon or Salamence (see below). Nailing other Heatran on the switch-in is quite fun. I carry Choice Scarf over substitute so I can revenge kill properly. Explosion can take out Gyarados or Suicune if necessary and stop their eminent sweeps. I carry Flamethrower instead of Fire Blast for reasons named above.
Scizor
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 200 HP, 56 Atk, 252 Spd
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit
-U-Turn
Standard (ubers) CB-Scizor. I use these evs because Scizor is one of my big starmie counters, and the bulk is very useful. 56 attack evs still easily OHKOs Gengar regardless of switching or staying with pursuit, and helps take gengar's last minute shot. Scizor also OHKOs max HP min Def Latias pretty much all the time with U-Turn, and Latias fails to get a 2HKO on him without serious Spa investment and 2 calm minds. Detracts from Bullet Punch's ability to take out dragons, but I have Swampert for that.

Weavile
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 4 Def, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
-Brick Break
-Ice Shard
-Pursuit
-Ice Punch

CB Weavile. I had a tough choice as to what to put in the last slot- Swords Dance, Night Slash, Aerial Ace, or Ice Punch. SD doesn’t lock me into one attack, but I need time to set up, which could be costly, inviting something like a Scizor switch-in. CB Scizor could potentially take out stuff on my team with U-Turn, Bullet Punch, or Superpower. Ice Punch gets an easy OHKO on Gliscor, Night Slash hurts Dusknoir, and Aerial Ace hits Heracross and Infernape, among other things. I chose Ice Punch because Night Slash doesn’t necessarily get the KO on Dusnoir (Night Slash does about 86-100% to max HP min Def Dusknoir) and my team appears more Gliscor weak than Infernape weak.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Hi,

your team is quite balanced overall, but you may make some changes in order to counter some threats more effectively, so, here are my suggestions:

1) starting from your lead, although I like the idea of a bulky lead, I belive that a standard Swampert would be a better idea. Your team has not counters for Tyranitar, and Bronzong is 2hko'd by a CB crunch not to mention that without explosion it can't really touch Gyarados and Suicune. I'd try a standard mix-Pert:

Swampert@leftovers
nature: relaxed
EVs: 236 HP / 216 Def / 56 SpA
-earthquake
-ice beam
-stealth rock
-roar

Swampert is a perfect check for TTar and even if it can't hurt Gyara, Suicune and Kingdra, it can at least roar them out - preventing that they set up in front of you (barring taunt Gyara, but you have Starmie for Gyara so that shouldn't be a problem). Swampert also adds a second check for Heatran and an useful electric immunity;

2) Starmie wants a timid nature keeping your EV spread: this way you'll be faster than both Infernape and Gengar and will be able to counter the former effectivley and revenge kill the latter - should you lose Heatran. With 136 HP and 156 Def you'll still be able to take every attack Gyarados can throw at you, and KO back with thunderbolt, so a bold nature isn't required;

3) I see no reason to run Weavile over Scizor: thanks to its technician'd bullet punches it can still revenge kill DD dragons, but it has u-turn to scout your opponent and thanks to its steel typing and decent overall defences it can afford to switch into Latias and to a lesser extent Gengar and eliminate them with pursuit or bullet punch. It also isn't SR weak - though you have a spinner, so that may not be a problem. Your team is quite weak to Scizor itself, and Weavile only makes this weakness more evident. So try Scizor:

Scizor@choice band
nature: adamant
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
-bullet punch
-u-turn
-superpower
-pursuit

4) although this is not exacly necessary, Infernape doesn't need max Spe: with max speed you're only going to outspeed other Infernape and Mismagius (which is non existant in OU), so you may use the standard spread of: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe to power up your close combat a bit. Note that close combat deals more damage to Vaporeon than a super effective grass knot so you can actually finish it off if it's under 50% of its health.

Hope this helps.

GL!

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
One of my concerns is the speed iv HP Ice takes away
If that's your concern then use 31/30/30/31/31/31 as that produces HP Ice 70 whilst maintaining a perfect Speed IV. I do feel that it would be more beneficial to just run the EVs that Haunter has suggested though. You're compromising the power of your Close Combat just to speed tie with enemy Infernape (there is virtually nothing else between 330 and 346 except er...Mismagius, Scyther and Adamant Duggy) in spite of the fact that you have an excellent 'nape counter in Starmie (switch it to Timid) and two good revenge killers in Heatran and Gengar.

Personally I'd run HP Electric over HP Grass on Heatran just to serve as a secondary check against Adamant DDGyara. Starmie is a risky counter as not only is it Pursuit bait but it needs to stay at very high health to risk a DD LO EQ/SE. Of course Explosion would have the same effect but would cost you your Heatran so it's your choice...

On second thought, it might be worthwhile to just switch Starmie out for a Vaporeon as it would add some much needed bulk to your team as well as a more effective Gyarados counter. Rapid Spin isn't essential here imo as only Weavile is really hampered by it.

Haunter:
I made the fixes you suggested. A problem I ran into was starmie, who KOd Swampert easily with grass knot and 2HKOd Scizor with the aid of a ch on the switch-in. Outruns gengar and infernape, and hp grass on heatran fails to OHKO, as does Starmie's t-bolt. Basically I was forced to give up heatran and scizor to kill it.

Also about Scizor, I was wondering whether I should run the bulky set used in ubers (200 HP 56 Atk 252 Spd), opinions?

Lee: I agree that I need a more reliable rapid spinner, the only other one I particularily like is Tentacruel, but that unfortunately leaves my team more gyarados weak. I would also lack a status absorber with Starmie's natural cure. Infernape is also stealth rock weak by the way, and with life orb his life could be getting cut shorter than necessary.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Haunter:
I made the fixes you suggested. A problem I ran into was starmie, who KOd Swampert easily with grass knot and 2HKOd Scizor with the aid of a ch on the switch-in. Outruns gengar and infernape, and hp grass on heatran fails to OHKO, as does Starmie's t-bolt. Basically I was forced to give up heatran and scizor to kill it.

Also about Scizor, I was wondering whether I should run the bulky set used in ubers (200 HP 56 Atk 252 Spd), opinions?
With the aid of a critical hit Starmie may also 2hko Kyogre - so that's not really important.
Anyway, you should not switch Scizor directly into Starmie unless you predict either a grass knot or an ice beam or, even better, a rapid spin.

Definitely Starmie may be a problem, so feel free to test the SpD oriented EV spread you mentioned for Scizor.

Infernape is also stealth rock weak by the way, and with life orb his life could be getting cut shorter than necessary.
Oh, and Infernape is not SR weak being part fighting. Agreeing with Lee on this: if you decide to drop Weavile for Scizor - something I really recommend - feel free to test Vaporeon over Starmie, because your team doesn't exactly need a spinner. So, just for completeness:

Vaporeon@leftovers
nature: bold
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpA
-surf
-hidden power [electric]
-wish
-protect

definitely more durable than Starmie and with wish to support the team.

Thanks for the help, Haunter, I'll test it out a bit more and see how well it works. Wish support will be a godsend for a leftovers lacking team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)