A old new team (UU RMT)

Hello!

This team was created ages ago, on the Cressy/P-Z era.

Since apparently i don't have the patience to make new fresh teams anymore, i took this old team and did a few changes here and there, and it's doing very well until now.

The team strategy is centered about... nothing, really. It's a balanced team with some good synergy that wokrs very well.
Though there's some "level" of strategy too.

So, let's go!

Old new team!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Houndoom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Attack
Nature: Mild (+ Special Attack,- Defense)
-Dark Pulse
-Overheat
-HP Grass
-Pursuit

Summary and moveset:
My lead (duh);
It works well against most leads.
Dark Pulse 2HKO every Psychic lead (Alakazam, Uxie, Mesprit) while it doesn't mind Trick.
Overheat is a strong STAB attack capable of dealing huge amounts of damage to most leads.
HP Grass deals with Rhyperior and Omastar leads.
Pursuit is to pick off weakened ghosts/Psychics.

EVs:
Little help here guys: since this team is old and i still hate trying to make effective EVs. The one i have now lets Houndoom to hit as hard as he can from the special side, but it's Pursuit is rather weak (though it's job is normally done).

Why Houndoom?
Simple: it works very well to pick off some problematic leads that likes to Trick you, since most are weak to Dark. Also, Scarf means i outspeed basically any lead out there. STAB Pursuit and a strong Overheat are Houndoom greatest assets for disposing of pokes my team would not like.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP, 252 defense, 4 speed
Nature: Bold (+ defense, - attack)
-Surf
Rapid Spin
Yawn
Toxic

Summary and moveset: the standard bulky water Blastoise. Rapid Spin helps since i have 2 SR weak pokes. Surf is the reliable STAB, while double status works very well: Yawn scouts for counters, while Toxic cripples some important pokes. Yawn also works as a opportunity to set up with my sweepers.

EVs: pretty standard. This spread lets Blastoise to take strong physical attacks. Nothing new.

Why Blastoise?
Every team needs a bulky water. Am i right?
And Blastoise is the only water user of Rapid Sin, which really helps my team.
Ghosts have a tendency of switching in against Blastoise, which Houndoom "loves".
Also, it makes a fine mixed wall: even though it has no recovery.
And, should i say bulky water again?

Scyther @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 attack, 252 speed, 6 HP
Nature:Jolly (+ speed, - special attack)
-Swords Dance
-Aerial Ace
-Brick Break
-Quick Attack

Summary and Moveset: The vicious physical sweeper. Scyther has the highest physical rating of power and speed of UU, boosted by Swords Dance and nice typing for a set up. With Blastoise Rapid Spin, SD Scyther lives it's fullest.
Aerial Ace and Brick Break is unresisted in UU (except by Rotom) while Quick Attack boosted with Technician picks off faster pokes.

EVs: Also pretty straightforward. Max speed with a positive nature ties with Mismagius and it's outspeed by few pokes. Max attack lets Scyther to hit as hard as it can.

Why Scyther?

Well, Scyther is my second favorite poke. But that's not the only reason, or else i would be using Meganium...
Scyther is a vicious sweeper that has a important trait for my team: fighting resist. Since my team has 3 pokes weak to fighting, Scyther works very well.
Also, Blastoise Yawn and Rapid Spin can open a opportunity for Scyther to SD, and with Scyther speed and access to priority attack can devastate teams without easily perishing to faster pokes.

Rampardos @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 attack/ 252 speed/ 6 HP
Nature: Adamant (+ attack, - special attack)
-Substitute
-Swords Dance
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

Summary and moveset: this is the wildcard. It is frail, and not so fast, but Rampardos sheer power can scare off a poke or two.
Substitute is the key #1: it offers protection for Rampardos, letting this behemoth to fire off a attack without hesitation.
Swords Dance is the key #2: against stall teams and slower pokes trying to status you, a Ramaprdos with a Sub and a SD on it's belt is a scary thought, capable of dealing a OHKO on some key pokes like Milotic.
Key #3: Mold Breaker. Yes, there's no better ability for Rampardos for this kind of set. With Mold Breaker, important abilities are shut off, most notably Levitate. With this, Stone Edge and Earthquake has nearly perfect coverage, only failing against Torterra. Also, Rhyperior is hit with a full power EQ.

EVs:
What else Rampardos would need? Max speed and attack are mandatory here.

Why Rampardos?
First, the advantages over other SubSD pokes: sheer power and Mold Breaker.
While Rhyperior is way bulkier and has STAB EQ, Rampardos has superior speed and power, while Mold Breaker is a charm. The only pokes Rhyperior
appretiates the STAB EQ are bulky grounds and Hitmontop, because Stone Edge hits almsost everything else harder.

It's also a nightmare for traditional stall teams to face, since pokes like Weezing and bulky Rotom are hit with a strong, accurate EQ, while anything trying to status Ramaprdos will fail because Rampy has Sub.

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 special attack, 252 speed, 6 HP
Nature: Timid (+ speed, - attack)
-Calm Mind
Psychic
Signal Beam
Heal Bell

Summary and Moveset:
My special sweeper.
CM Uxie is a beast. It's bulky and has reasonably high speed, meaning getting CMs are quite easy, meaning Uxie can sweep with some effort.
Calm Mind boosts your sp.atk and the sp.def through the roof, meaning special attacks has a hard time getting through Uxie.
Psychic and Signal Beam has nearly perfect coverage, only failing against steel pokes.
Heal Beall is another of the good traits Uxie has. It means Uxie can't be Toxiced to death, and it helps immensely my other pokes.
The opposing lead Thunder Waved my Houndoom? Someone thew Toxic on Blastoise, or Thunder Wave on Svyther? No matter, Heal Bell saves your ass!

EVs: Tying with Houndoom is important nowadays. The ones without Sucker Punch can be beaten by Uxie with some luck involved.

Why Uxie?
Simple: is is the best UU fighting counter ever. It can take Close Combats with ease while maintaining the overall usefulness and it's sweeping properties.
Also serves to take Earthquakes thrown on my team.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP, 152 def, 100 sp.def, 4 speed
Nature: Calm (+ special defense, - attack)
-Thunder Wave
-Encore
-Softbolied
-Seismic Toss

Summary and EVs: my para supporter, and a stall troublemaker.
Thunder Wave completes the cycle of status, and no TW user is as annoying as Clefable is.
With Thuder Wave, i can paralize the fast threats for Scyther and Rampardos, while Blastoise backs it up thworing Toxics on walls.
Enocre is another opportunity for my sweepers to come in and set up, and it pairs very well with para.
Softboiled is to keep Clefable alive, and Seismic Toss os for consistent damage.

EVs:
the standard EV spread. This spread lets Clefable with solid overall defenses.

Why Clefable?

Well, it was on the old team. But the reason is that there's no poke better than Clefable to disrupt some playing styles. It has potential to mess with any kind of playstyle while is supports my team with para spread with some ease. The fact that my wildcard appreciates things slower than him just adds points for Clefable.

That's it, guys! No central strategy, but a team that really appreciates each one's help while keeping a good level of power.

Thanks.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi,

Sexy team this. RP Torterra does a number to this team though. Getting that first RP won't be too hard, eg. Pursuit locked Houndoom, Rampardos, Blastoise when Sleep Clause is activated. Uxie won't help you much due to the lack of Def EVs. So, try out Ice Beam on Blastoise over Toxic/ Yawn, just so that you take Torty down with you:P

You have no Stealth Rock, which is crucial to any teams success. That sweeper Uxie is really interesting, but I feel you'd be better of moving it to the Lead position, and running a Standard set of SR, T-Wave/ Heal Bell, U-Turn, Psychic. Your Houndoom can move down to take Uxie's place, but you can still run Scarfdoom, or Standard Mixdoom if you want Pursuit but with the freedom to switch attacks.

Nice team, and gl.

Yeah, normally i let something die to revenge Torterra with Houndoom.

But without CM Uxie i have no special sweeper, and Heal Bell is really helping me to take any kind of status.

I also have trouble when Rhyperior comes on Clefable: if Blastoise is gone, something has to die form me to try and revenge it.
Maybe i could run Wish on Clefable (but without Protect it's kinda unreliable)?

Hi,

Sexy team this. RP Torterra does a number to this team though. Getting that first RP won't be too hard, eg. Pursuit locked Houndoom, Rampardos, Blastoise when Sleep Clause is activated. Uxie won't help you much due to the lack of Def EVs. So, try out Ice Beam on Blastoise over Toxic/ Yawn, just so that you take Torty down with you:P

You have no Stealth Rock, which is crucial to any teams success. That sweeper Uxie is really interesting, but I feel you'd be better of moving it to the Lead position, and running a Standard set of SR, T-Wave/ Heal Bell, U-Turn, Psychic. Your Houndoom can move down to take Uxie's place, but you can still run Scarfdoom, or Standard Mixdoom if you want Pursuit but with the freedom to switch attacks.

Nice team, and gl.

As the sexy IB has said, change your houndoom's set as most players will take advantage of you being locked into a certain move and set up.

Houndoom@Focus sash/Naive nature
-Sucker punch
-Dark pulse
-Fire blast
-Hp grass/pursuit

Not too sure about the evs but try aiming for a special attack status that gurantees you to ohko omastar.

Overall nice team and good luck to you in the future.

As the sexy IB has said, change your houndoom's set as most players will take advantage of you being locked into a certain move and set up.

Houndoom@Focus sash/Naive nature
-Sucker punch
-Dark pulse
-Fire blast
-Hp grass/pursuit

Not too sure about the evs but try aiming for a special attack status that gurantees you to ohko omastar.

Overall nice team and good luck to you in the future.
As far as the houndoom set goes. I'd probably put nasty plot in there as opposed to hp grass or pursuit. A nasty ploted houndoom is a force to be reckoned with.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I also have trouble when Rhyperior comes on Clefable: if Blastoise is gone, something has to die form me to try and revenge it.
Maybe i could run Wish on Clefable (but without Protect it's kinda unreliable)?
Don't really think there's a way to deal with that without switching around a few Pokes...I guess Rhyperior's just one of those threats that requires some sacrifice to be defeated. You could try Wish/ Protect/ Seismic Toss/ Encore but the loss of T-Wave might hurt.

As far as the houndoom set goes. I'd probably put nasty plot in there as opposed to hp grass or pursuit. A nasty ploted houndoom is a force to be reckoned with.

Thats the job not fit for lead houndoom my freind, your main objective is to get rid of the common leads which set up hazards and seeing his team he probably wont like them being set-up at the cost of him getting a nasty plot up then getting OHKO'ed by a revenge killer.

No entry hazards is a problem. People can simply switch to counters and get free turns. Example; Venusaur switches in on Blastoise. You must switch out or risk being OHKO'd by a grass attack. Venusaur sleep powders a teammate for free and sets leech seed next turn. Stealth rock doesn't necessarily prevent this all the time, but it punishes it and eventually you notice that you can KO with unresisted attacks.

The other thing is the EV spread on CM Uxie. I would do a max of 100 SP attack EVs on him, or pick a bulky-ish threat and use enough EVs to 2HKO after a calm mind; just use the damage calculator on the main site. Put the remaining EVs into defense or HP, and Calm Mind will take care of the rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)