A Farewell to Arms: Part Deux

Introduction:
Hey guys! This is part II of my farewell to gen 4 and competitive pokemon. It’s only fitting that I post one of my best ever teams from my favourite tier.

After Heracross got itself yanked, UU witnessed a surge of Milotic + Sdef Arcanine + Registeel cores. So I began thinking of some revolutionary good ass combinations that would wreck such teams. I wanted a poke that could reliably switch into all three and steal momentum. Qwilfish immediately sprang to mind. It was immune to toxic, had great bulk, and best of all spiked all over the fucking place. Balanced teams would quickly be worn down.

Now I needed a poke that would complement qwilfish to wall the vast majority of threats. It needed to withstand the electric and ground attacks inevitably aimed at my tankfish. I knew from firsthand experience that Franky’s specially defensive Torterra was extremely difficult to kill so I went with it and never looked back.

With my defensive spine now in place I set about planning a bad ass offensive combo. CB Arcanine interested me, as its sheer power allowed it to decimate teams. The least loved of all the arcanine sets, but with the most potential. With spikes and rock support nothing in the tier is safe, with even the most dedicated counters being 2hko’d.

Milotic is the number one counter to Arcanine so I needed an offensive partner that could use milotic to set up a sweep. This slot took me a long time to decide. Then one night I was battling Badass and he revealed his new toy: A fast max attack LO CM Clefable -something so unexpected it inflicted a humiliating loss. Badass mentioned how it was designed to beat haze milo and I knew this would be the perfect pokemon for my new team.

I really couldn’t be bothered spinning, so I needed a lead that could stop opponents from setting up their own layers. I also needed a spin blocker to preserve my precious hazards. Mismagius just had to be on my team, but not the standard LO set. A bulkier set was required, but with destiny bond to say a massive ‘fuck you’ in a pinch.

Aerial and Grass threats were the last things that needed a solution and there was only one pokemon for the job: The steel dildo. It walled a vast array of threats, could sweep with curse and rest off damage. My team was complete.

So enough of me talking about team building bs.

At a glance:

Mismagius @ Leftovers *** PK Gaming
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp / Destiny Bond
- Taunt

Lead Mismagius pretty much stops all entry hazards in the beginning of the match, as she is extremely hard to KO and can use Taunt to stop any setup or Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers. Can easily switch out and come back later to combat Fighting-types and block Rapid Spin from the likes of Donphan
---

Qwilfish @ Leftovers *** Ironbullet93
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Pain Split
- Poison Jab / Waterfall

In every match nearly she has been able to get up at least 2 layers of Spikes thanks to this unconventional set. Extremely bulky, can tank big hits from the likes of azumarill. VERY antimeta at the moment, laying spikes all over other balance teams with SDef arcanine + regi +milo cores
---

Torterra @ Leftovers *** Franky
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SDef / 44 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Synthesis

Qwil and Tort are actually one hell of a solid defensive unit and it allows me to check a super majority of the metagame. With Missy and Regi they form a formidable core, forcing switched and racking up spikes/SR damage. The spread allows me to survive onslaughts of Shadow Balls from Mismagius and Rotom as well as Aggron Head Smash.
---

Arcanine @ Choice Band *** Golden Sun
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Thunder Fang
- Morning Sun

So Beast. If I manage to grab a Flash Fire boost, which is likely with all the fire attacks and WoW the other mons lure, very little in the tier is safe. Even without a boost, it can take out Donphan and Weezing and other physical walls with consumate ease, while Thunder Fang really ruins the day of Milotics who try to get in for free, ExtremeSpeed is really what makes this set though; cleaning up offensive teams that are weakened through spikes.
---

Clefable @ Life Orb *** Badass
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Softboiled

Fast CM fable is unbelievable. destroys stall. Spread allows it to outspeed haze milo to get the 2hko with a boosted Tbolt and a normal one. With a single CM it reliably shrugs off powerful special attackers like sceptile and moltres and ohkos in return. The lack in bulk is noticeable, but the trade-off is worth it.
---

Registeel @ Leftovers *** Uragg
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 216 SDef / 16 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Iron Head
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Regi is a checks Alakazam and other powerful special sweepers, and is a full stop to most Venus. With Curse, Registeel becomes a very real threat very quickly to any unprepared team. It means that Registeel can not only check offensive threats, it can also set up on any defensive Pokemon who think it is too passive to bother worrying about.
---

Shout-outs: (No particular order =/)

#underused:
Badass
Ironbullet93
Franky
PK Gaming
Thund91
Flareblitz
RT.
Uragg
Golden Sun
Stallion
Bluewind
Eo
Folgorio

#sharks:
Makiri
MoP
Jumpluff
Philip7086
Husk
Panamaxis
Eternal
Lady Bug
DarkLucario
Stone_Cold
Ala
B-Lulz
Conflict
Carl
Sapientia
Sixonesix

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)