A different team

Yes,different movesets,quite unique.Mixed of OU and UU,but with different roles than the standard ones.Here we go!!!

Cacturne@Lum Berry
Solid Rock
252 sp.atk/70hp/100 def/60 sp.def/20 spd.
Modest

Flamethrower
Earth Power
HP electric
Stealth Rock

My lead.The last person you would see as a Stealth Rock user.Against leads,it does surprisingly well.

Scizor@Leftovers
Technician
252 hp/252 def/6 atk
Adamant

Roost
X-Scissor
Metal Claw
Iron Defense/Swords Dance

I'm between those two moves.The strategy?
Metal Claw gives a 10% chance to boost my attack,and Technician gives it 75 atk+STAB,so it's a better choice than Iron Head,who won't flinch anything.Swords Dance gives a nice boost without the need of luck,but Iron Defense gives Scizor godly defenses to stand up against the heavy hit ones.Roost is obvious.I choose Scizor for the job because i wanted to have a poke with good defense and a 50% recovery move without a rock weak,and he fits it perfectly well for the job

Dragonite@Leftovers
Inner Focus
252 hp/78 def/120 sp.atk/60 sp.def
Sassy

Roost
Dragon Pulse
Surf/Flamethrower
Body Slam/Thunderbolt

Special Bulkynite.Dragon Pulse for STAB.I'm between Thinderbolt and Body Slam because Boby Slam gets the beauty 30%paralize chance,but Thunderbolt deals better with the bulky waters.I'm between Surf and Flamethrower too.

Hitmonchan@Life Orb
Iron Fist
252 atk/252 sp.def/6 hp
Careful
Bulk Up
Drain Punch
Ice Punch
Thunderpunch

The best user of Drain Punch.With the good sp.def and Bulk Up raising the defense and attack,with Drain Punch working like a recover or something.Maybe i can use another item?

Quagsire@Chesto Berry
Water Absorb
252 hp/80 def./178 sp.def
Impish

Stockpile
Seismic Toss
Rest
Yawn

That set i made it up and it works well.Yawn forcing switches and the possibility of Stockpile are really good,then rest to not get myself killed.If anyone knows a poke with good defensive stats and typing,Seismic Toss and a 50% recovery move,tell me(not Deoxys-E and Blissey,please.)

Absol@Focus Sash
Super Luck
252 atk/252 spd/6 hp
Adamant

Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Psycho Cut
X-Scissor/Fire Blast

My only standard one.I'm between Fire Blast and X-Scissor because of Skarm.

Yes,a semi-defensive team.Rate it!!!

Eh, Garchomp owns this team hard, nothing you have outspeeds it, nothing you have can take a hit from sd/cb sets. In fact, a good portion of OU (which is where this team is competing) threats destroy this team, Gyarados, Lucario, ect.

You need some more bulk and more speed, Quagsire does not cut it in OU. I'd suggest reading up a bit more in general subjects, you obviously didn't really build this team with counters in mind. Taking a good look at the threat list will help you immensely. The big thing here is you've got a fairly poor selection of pokemon that don't really compliment eachother well as well as poor movesets on most of those pokemon.

Eh, Garchomp owns this team hard, nothing you have outspeeds it, nothing you have can take a hit from sd/cb sets. In fact, a good portion of OU (which is where this team is competing) threats destroy this team, Gyarados, Lucario, ect.

You need some more bulk and more speed, Quagsire does not cut it in OU. I'd suggest reading up a bit more in general subjects, you obviously didn't really build this team with counters in mind. Taking a good look at the threat list will help you immensely. The big thing here is you've got a fairly poor selection of pokemon that don't really compliment eachother well as well as poor movesets on most of those pokemon.
Take a note that it isn't my competitive team.Oh yes,and Garchomp/Lucario/Gyarados/whatever doesn't scares me off,everytime i see them,i used to get around them.
Oh yes,i need someone to help my team to get better,without using boring OU pokes(I never used Garchomp...except in a mono dragon team where he can't be replaced because of lack of non-uber dragons) or basic sets.I need new,creative things.
So,instead of saying that my team sucks ass,try tto help my team giving it creative movesets.
Oh,yes,i don't mind losing to test something new:toast:
So,what do you recomend over Quagsire?

Err, this is smogon. If you're posting a team in this RMT forum, it is assumed that you're competing with it and playing to win.

Anyways, you'll need to be replacing more than Quagsire. I'd suggest running restalk Heatran over Camerupt and defensive Celebi over Quagsire. Replace metal claw with Iron Head if you want steel STAB on scizor, the attack boost from metal claw is rare and the much higher BP of Iron Head is appreciated on a low attack scizor. I suggest replacing Hitmonchan with a new lead, something somewhat bulky like mixed Swampert, who is becoming increasingly uncommon in OU if you like uniqueness.

Dragonite's set is suboptimal. He's slow and has mediocre special attack and defenses, he is better off running his more standard DD/Outrage/Fire Punch/Earthquake. Absol is something that is pretty much entirely outclassed in OU. If you want to keep Absol, I suggest running a scarfed me first set, which is a bit of a gimmick but it functions in certain situations. If you'd be willing to replace him, something like standard Medicham (who is also seldom seen anymore) could serve you well there, as Medicham has a gigantic attack stat and decent enough speed to really cause some havoc among many of the common OU walls, and is strong enough to make switching in highly difficult.

About Metal Claw vs Iron Head,Technician boosts Metal Claw to 75 BP,against 80 BP of Iron Head.Metal Claw is the best choice here to my moveset
About the lead,i'm changing it to an Insomnia poke.Who would be better?
Absol and Scizor stays,they are my best poke here.
Oh yes,i need to run a team without Top OU pokes,so no Heatran/Celebi.What would be better for Quagsire's place(preferencially with Flash Fire to cover Scizor)?
And Draggy gets good fefenses(almost like Celebi bulkyness),but maybe i can change the moveset,but i want a support Dragonite.

1. It's a bit difficult to help a team when you refuse to change much.

2. Arcanine is a good BL poke with Flashfire. The pepper build in the main stark mountain forum could be a good try.

1. It's a bit difficult to help a team when you refuse to change much.

2. Arcanine is a good BL poke with Flashfire. The pepper build in the main stark mountain forum could be a good try.
I'm not changing only Absol and Scizor
All the others i can change(not for top OU).
I can try Arcanine.
Any more suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)