A Balanced Bet

|
|
|
|
|

Team Building Process

A great lead for the UU metagame due to the fact that it can easily counter usual leads such as Bronzong and Ambipom.It was also the perfect poke to counter Krookodiles and Bisharp that could harm Slowbro.

|

I needed both a poke that could setup StealthRocks while covering for Machamp.Brongzong was the best bet easil absorbing Psychic and Flying type attacks.It receives most of the attacks for this team also which is a very beneficial help.

|
|

Since I didn't like the fact that pokemon such as Suicune and Raikou could setup on me as well that the only true counter to something like a scarfed Chandelure Snorlax came into play.Its a great aid to Nidoking and Brongzong due to its ability.

|
|
|

Needed a special sweeper for the game in early,mid,and late game plus something that could rid of ToxicSpikes.Nidoking was a perfect fit that does well in its own way.

|
|
|
|

This was originally a CM Cressailia however the Regenerator ability was more useful and it making it a better wall.

|
|
|
|
|

A physical sweeper that was much needed.I may still change this even do it works.Suggestions anyone?

Under the Microscope]

Machamp(M)@Leftovers
Nature:Adamant(+Atk,-SAtk)
Evs:4Hp/252Atk/104Def/148SDef
-Substitute
-BulkUp
-DynamicPunch
-StoneEdge
Trait:NoGuard
A bit unorthodox,this monster can easily setup on standard leads and proceed to become a nearly unstoppable tank.Substitute combined with BulkUp makes Machamp a pain as its sub becomes increasingly harder to break.DynamicPunch is obvious for the confuision and STAB while StoneEdge is mainly for Zapdos and Sableye or anything else that can resist a boosted DynamicPunch.

Brongzong@Leftovers
Nature:Sassy(+SDef,-Spe)
Evs:180Hp/76Def/252SDef
-StealthRocks
-Toxic
-GyroBall
-Earthquake
Trait:Levitate
A somewhat standard Brongzong set that can be seen nearly everywhere.Stea;thRocks is the obvious choice followed by the Toxic which can take down walls and other major threats to this team.GyroBall is mainly for the STAB and Earthquake is for fire types even do I rarely get to use it much.

Snorlax(F)@Leftovers
Nature:Impish(+Def,-SAtk)
Evs:232Hp/100Def/176SDef
-Rest
-SleepTalk
-Whirlwind
-BodySlam
Trait:ThickFat
A pokemon in which people have a surprisingly hard time to get around.Originally here to counter Chandelure and absorb other Fire and Ice attacks it also became the perfect shuffler.Rest and SleepTalk were made to increase its longevity while Whirlwind can shuffle the foes pokemon to rack up entry hazard damage or to stop pokemon who like to setup in thier tracks.BodySlam was for STAB with the nice little hint of paralysis.

Nidoking(M)@ExpertBelt
Nature:Timid(+Spe,-Atk)
Evs:252SAtk/4SDef/252Spe
-EarthPower
-ThunderBolt
-Icebeam
-FireBlast
Trait:SheerForce
The idea behind Nidoking was to fool the opponet into thinking that he was scarfed and then to attack
them on a turn that could be potentially game changing combined with the fact that a super effective move would do 80% more damage.EarthPower was obvious as STAB while IceBeam and ThunderBolt made the infamous BoltBeam coverage.FireBlast was more for power over accuracy for grass types or when a rare Ice type decided it was time to show its face.

Slowbro(F)@Leftovers
Nature:Bold(+Def,-Atk)
Evs:236Hp/252Def/20SDef
-ThunderWave
-CalmMind
-Psyshock
-Scald
Trait:Regenerator
Already a great physical wall Slowbro may be the most annoying pokemon on this team do to the fact that its tought to defeat.ThunderWave is to make the fastest threats such as Weavile and Ambipom pathetically slow so the rest of the team can easily take them down.CalmMind was to add to Slowbro's bulk making it an efficient tank.Psyshock was mainly for predicted Roserade switch ins while Scald was for the chance of a burn to cripple any opposing attacker.

Kingdra(F)@Chesto Berry
Nature:Adamant
Evs:76Hp/244Atk/12SDef/176Spe
-Rest
-DragonDance
-Waterfall
-OutRage
Trait:SwiftSwim
Usual here to clean up after the team has racked up damage Kingdra would make its appearance.The RestoChesto set proved to be perfect as status effects or entry hazard damage tht would usually hurt it would be healed instantaneously.After setting up a couple of DragonDance's Kingdra could proceed to sweep with ease not having to worry about much.It was the perfect fit due to its number of resistances and the fact that it only had one weakness.

Well that's the team,any other options for this team or constructive critisisn would be helpful.

Im not sure if expert belt is better than life orb purely to bluff the scarf. Life orb may instead bluff a modest scarf set.

Not saying that ExpertBelt is better,LifeOrb adds damage and I would rather have Nidoking live longer in battle.Also it seems to fool Auicune who come in on an IceBeam or EarthPower just to get demolished by a TBolt.

You may want to take some of Bronzong's EVs from defense to HP. Just a thought. Also: Bronzong. Stealth Rock. That just bothered me a little.

Sheer Force negates the recoil from Life Orb with any of these moves, so Life Orb is definitely the best choice. Another thing: since you're boosting Machamp's Atk and Def, you could move some EVs from Atk to HP, to make your subs even harder to break.

Hi ! I like this team a lot !

Two small changes :
_ Life Orb over Expert Belt on Nidoking : As suggested and explained by Ossy and Vulgo, Life Orb is good on Nidoking and allows you to bluff the choice item thanks to Sheer Force.
_ Slack Off over Calm Mind on Slowbro : I do not like relaying only on Regenerator and Leftovers for recovery. That may just be me but hey ^^'

Good team anyway ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)