Each user plays each other in an individual round robin
Hide Hide

Kebabe's best 5 alts v Team Firm v Team FireRed Omega
Kebabe v Royalty v Steelskitty
-Leon- v Melee Mewtwo vs Orch
Fireburn v Sweep v polop
Haruno v Imma Fly v Hack He Must
Blue J v Faint v Ogasian

Each one of these plays a round robin standard matchup (They keep playing the RR until there is a winner)
Hide Hide
kebabe v Royalty
Royalty v SteelSkitty
SteelSkitty v Kebabe

Once a Winner has been decided they get a Win for the team.
Hide Hide
Kebabe v Royalty
Royalty v SteelSkitty
SteelSkitty v Kebabe

Hide Hide

Fireburn v Sweep v polop
Blue J v Faint v Ogasian

Once all individual round robins have been complete you either;
Declare a winner from the following scenarios;

1) A Winner is declared by a clear team win (Any team that gets 3+ Round Robin Wins)
Hide Hide
Fireburn v Sweep v polop
Blue J v Faint v Ogasian
Hide Hide
Fireburn v Sweep v polop
Blue J v Faint v Ogasian

2) In the event that two teams get 2 wins each, and team 3 gets a single win, then the two teams with 2 points will face of in a standard team battle 5 v 5
Hide Hide

Fireburn v Sweep v polop
Blue J v Faint v Ogasian
Translates into one more matchup of

Kebabes best 5 Alts vs Team FireRed Omega

to determine a winner.

Direct quote from FireMage, thanks dude n_n
(yes i fucking know he's not a TD)

Looks like a good system, (but what happened with the gen5 game?) so are we starting over the round? Seems hard to do it any other way.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If my method is to be implemented, due to too many inconsistencies with the matchups in the OP - the round will have to be replayed. (I also have no idea why there is a tie break round when it's 5 v 5 --> this was something i never had explained to me after waiting all afternoon [11 hours] for ogasian to get on IRC to explain the format)

FireMage it's a 5v5 gen6 tour + a single gen6 game every round with a player chosen by their team. Resulting in 6 matchups and possibility of a tie.

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In the event of a tie between the teams. The Teams will nominate a player to play in a further 1 v 1 (v 1) series to determine a winner.

ogasian is this the confirmed matchups? Whats the decision on gen5?

Fireburn v Sweep v polop
Blue J v Faint v Ogasian

Imma Fly

Who needs wings when you have Rokushiki?
ogasian instead of having a global 5v5v5 Round Robin, how about having each team just select a player to play in a 1v1v1 match? This would settle the tiebreaker between the teams in a much more simple manner instead of having to have 12 other players reporting their additional 12 match outcomes when a 1v1v1 format can get the winning team decided already.

Or just settle this as a round robin is supposed to be settled, by a table where you count wins, losses and draws and give out points for these. The most points win. If you want a tiebreaker, have one between the two actual teams that drew (aka firered and firm), though this idea is also bad because it can lead to three-way tie between teams leading to the point we have to compare each team's w/l ratio.

On a related note, I refuse to replay this round because it's stupid as fuck, if you want to remove one game, then remove the gen5 game or something lol. If the decision is to play this round again I will not hesitate drop this shit.

I thought this was just supposed to be a secret 4/7? (where we only bother with the 7 if we have to like now)

Edit: In other words, don't worry about making things more complicated. Just stick with the plan you had at the beginning which was a tie breaker match between teams.

Last edited:
how do you usually decide round robins where ties are possible? lol this should be logical af, you give 1 pt for draw, 2 for win, 0 for losses. the most points wins- it's not harder than that.
I don't care how you usually decides round robins, nothing was said before the finals and therefore the rules from earlier is active. i.e draws not allowed

Lol sorry for wasting your time FireMage :/

Anyway Im just going to drop the tiebreaker shit as it seems to what you guys want ?_? Look, im not favoring my own team or some shit but it seems like the mist logical solution. If kebabe beats sweep then tiebreaker between team kebabe and firered. If kebabe loses firered wins the tour. Lol if this keeps going in wasting each other's time (like wasting fm's) then im just going to consider this an unfinished tourney

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Won vs Sweep gg

What happens now?
Lol sorry for wasting your time FireMage :/

Anyway Im just going to drop the tiebreaker shit as it seems to what you guys want ?_? Look, im not favoring my own team or some shit but it seems like the mist logical solution. If kebabe beats sweep then tiebreaker between team kebabe and firered. If kebabe loses firered wins the tour. Lol if this keeps going in wasting each other's time (like wasting fm's) then im just going to consider this an unfinished tourney
Team Kebabe and Team FireRed have to play one more tiebreaker game and that will decide who wins the tournament (since now we're tied at 7 wins per team).

Firered Omega wins? We're already 4-2 vs Kebabe's 5 best alts.
This has no bearing because in a round robin format it is by total wins versus individual head-to-head matchups. Tiebreaker match between FRO & K5 would be the logical way to determine the winner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)