95 til' Infinity

Natural Talent

Don't die trying to live..
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Got an Icy team here. I decided to bring back my old innovation, servine after a few months and a few tier shifts.

Team Preview:

The Team

OG Swank (Servine) @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Servine, My main webs abuser. With contrary + leaf storm it can end up sweeping teams. Hidden Power Fire is for escavalier and venomoth mainly. Synthesis is to recover damamge that it has taken, whether it's from hazards or priority since nothing is outspeeding besides some scarf mons but it won't be staying in on them. Giga Drain is the second form of recovery on it since I don't want to waste all my leaf storms on kills when I can just click giga drain. Servine also punishes and makes my opponent think twice about using defog because he might not want me to pick up the evasion boosts that it comes with.

Catharis (Archeops) @ Leftovers
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

Tfw this is my Fletchinder check. Archeops is a really nice fast rocker that gets access to taunt. Roost is so it can beat Fletchinder and keep itself healthy for the rest of the game. Taunt helps with it not Sding and it can help vs venomoth since that's a threat too. Rock Slide is too kill both of thoses mons even without investment. Speed is to outpace non scarf Delphox and rest is in bulk to help vs fletch.

47 (Exploud) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast
- Sleep Talk

The Threat is here!! This thing is an absolute monster. It only has a few switch ins too it's main stab, boomburst that loses to it's coverage. Sleep Talk is for it to at least have a chance vs Venomoth. It can wall break to open holes for Servine late game. Most offensive teams don't have a switch in for this since they usually just bring mons that can outspeed and kill it, but under webs that's not gonna happen. Focus blast and Fire blast are to OHKO Steelix and Escavalier respectively.

Summer Knights (Mismagius) @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

This is probs the best thing and closes thing to a decent spin blocker. With Taunt it can be a great stall breaker and can block defog. Dazzling Gleam is to OHKO Dragon Dance Scrafty unless roseli berry. Nasty Plot is too boost it's Special attack so it can hit a lot harder. Not really much to say about Mismagius besides it being what I feel the best spin blocker, stall breaker and Special Sweeper. Colbur berry can also be used to eat a Knock Off from hitmonlee on a predicted switch to block rapid spin.

Killuminati (Kricketune) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off
- Endeavor

Ah, the sticky web mon is here. I preferred this over leavanny because of it's access Taunt & Endeavor. 252 Spe jolly is so it can outspeed and taunt defensive qwilfish along with scrafty and adamant tyrantrum. Knock off is great utility to cripple some mons like rotom-C, removing it's Choice Scarf. Nothing Special about the set or the spread besides it's ev's maximizing it's utility and it not having any bulk investment helps with endeavor's effectiveness.

Paper Trails (Durant) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

Lastly, we have a Choice Scarf Durant. It's use is to outspeed and kill things not effected by sticky web or have boosted it's speed such as choice scarf rotom-C and Rock Polish Tyrantrum. Rock Slide is to catch Fletchinder as well as Super is to catch steels such as Steelix. Durant doesn't need a boosting item since it's already strong with hustle. It's stabs are great for the tier and it gets some great coverage too.

OG Swank (Servine) @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Catharsis (Archeops) @ Leftovers
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 248 HP/ 52 Def/ 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

47 (Exploud) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast
- Sleep Talk

Summer Knights (Mismagius) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Killuminati (Kricketune) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off
- Endeavor

Paper Trails (Durant) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

]
Scythe. for the Archeops set.
Kableye for being a meme
everyone ruling in the rulers :]
Ajna for being a newb as usual
too lazy to tag any other people u_u

Threatlist:
With a swords dance up it ko's everything on my team barring archeops.

tfw my check to this is either archeops or durant revenging
lot

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Glare might be cool on serp to lure venomoth because you need boosts to KO full health, synth doesnt sound to good on paper
ur import is fucked up so archeops doesnt get EVs
1/10 not as meme as tacticat

Natural Talent

Glare might be cool on serp to lure venomoth because you need boosts to KO full health, synth doesnt sound to good on paper
ur import is fucked up so archeops doesnt get EVs
1/10 not as meme as tacticat
fixed :o and synthesis is to fuck around with coming in on defogs and beating togetic 1v1. I have considered it already but it just didn't make the cut u_u.

Last edited:

Caliber

Banned deucer.
Hey man, great team. Here are a few changes I'd like to suggest:

First off, I'd choose Rhyperior over Archeops, since it can deal with both Venomoth and Fletchinder, is bulkier and you don't really need Speed since you're using a Sticky Web team.

+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Venomoth Bug Buzz vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Rhyperior: 278-329 (64.2 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I'd run Choice Band / Lum Berry over Choice Scarf on Durant to benefit from Sticky Web furthermore. However, Choice Scarf is useful when dealing with teams that has a Defogger. It's your call tbh.
Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 240 HP / 244 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Roar

Great team overall I hope I helped! o.o

Natural Talent

Hey man, great team. Here are a few changes I'd like to suggest:

First off, I'd choose Rhyperior over Archeops, since it can deal with both Venomoth and Fletchinder, is bulkier and you don't really need Speed since you're using a Sticky Web team.

+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Venomoth Bug Buzz vs. 248 HP / 244 SpD Rhyperior: 278-329 (64.2 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I'd run Choice Band / Lum Berry over Choice Scarf on Durant to benefit from Sticky Web furthermore. However, Choice Scarf is useful when dealing with teams that has a Defogger. It's your call tbh.
Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 240 HP / 244 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Roar

Great team overall I hope I helped! o.o
Well the thing is i need archeops to taunt deffogers and what not, and Durant is to revenge levitating Choice Scarfers (Rotom) And Rock Polish Mons. Rhyperior is Also slow and can be defogged on since it can be out-sped

Edit @ below : I neant rhyperior gets out-sped and defogger on before it attacks which defeats the purpose of the team since it's sticky web offense o_o

Last edited:

Caliber

Banned deucer.
The only Defogger you need to be aware of is Flygon, which Archeops can't deal with as well. Ice Punch on Rhyperior can also deal with it. o.o

Edit @ Edit Above: Flygon can KO Archeops then come back later to defog o.o

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)