7-star Tera Ice Empoleon raid event (February 2-4/9-11)

I can imagine Incineroar being one of the easier ones, purely because Intimidate will only activate once. And if you don't feel like using a Contrary mon, just go for a special attacker. Serperior, on the other hand... Unless that thing is weak to ghost or fire it's gonna be a total nightmare solo. Actually, are there any offensive Skill Swappers that can outspeed Serperior without Speed investment while debuffing SpD?

Last edited:
I can imagine Incineroar being one of the easier ones, purely because Intimidate will only activate once. And if you don't feel like using a Contrary mon, just go for a special attacker. Serperior, on the other hand... Unless that thing is weak to ghost or fire it's gonna be a total nightmare solo. Actually, are there any offensive Skill Swappers that can outspeed Serperior without Speed investment while debuffing SpD?
Given how type choices have worked out with previous starters I fully expect Incineroar to be Fighting and Serperior to be Dragon.

Serperior kind of has to be Grass or Dragon anyway, its movepool is too slim otherwise and I don't see them going "off type" and just slapping Tera Blast into its moveset.

Actually, assuming Serperior is Dragon (Grass too, but at that point why not use Skeledirge?) Mew would probably work wonders. Both Overheat and Draco Meteor are TMs, and combine them with Acid Spray and Mew will utterly wreck her day after Skill Swap. Granted, you will need Speed investment (a whole lot of it if you're not going for a Speed nature), so you'll have to sacrifice some SpA or SpD, but still.

(Edit) Oh damn, I hadn't thought of a turn 0 Leaf Storm.

Returning to do mine for the rerun, Tinkaton is really helpful but my god NO-ONE knows what they're doing online. I did 4 attempts yesterday plus my own and the host was always the weak link. In order I saw Hosts using Koraidon (with Flamethrower so I expect freshly caught), Skeledirge (never clicked Torch Song), Ceruledge, and Miraidon.

The annoying part to this Raid I find is that you can't get all the support you'd want on 1 Pokemon (Sun, Light Screen, Ability Suppression + Debuffing), so it's very hard to idiot-proof a party unless 2 people both bring stuff to complement the other.

The annoying part to this Raid I find is that you can't get all the support you'd want on 1 Pokemon (Sun, Light Screen, Ability Suppression + Debuffing), so it's very hard to idiot-proof a party unless 2 people both bring stuff to complement the other.
I'd say Grumpig is your best bet for a mon with these traits:

Grumpig @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Thick Fat
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Simple Beam
- Snarl
- Sunny Day
- Light Screen

I've said this earlier in the thread, but Simple Beam Grumpig is amazing with Pokemon that can only boost their stats one stage at a time, like Calm Minders and Torch Song Skeledirge. Give them Simple. Really speeds up the process for their set up. Calm Minders turn into Gen 1 Amnesia wannabes and Torch Song becomes Contrary Leaf Storm. The only downside to Simple on Empoleon is that it'll boost Defense 4 stages with Iron Defense, which can slow down the raid with primarily-physical teams.

Outside of the obvious Arceus (just make sure he doesn't have Acid Spray), I'd probably say Vaporeon. You gotta be a little careful if you end up with allies with debuffing moves, but besides that you should still be fine.
Acid Spray on Arceus-Steel is actually pretty key to a solo OHKO that I've noticed a couple videos of recently. It involves getting decent NPCs that won't proc Competitive in the first turns and setting up 5 Calm Minds, 3 Acid Sprays, healing in between, and an attack cheer to OHKO.

+5 252+ SpA Iron Plate Tera Steel Arceus-Steel Atk Cheer Steel Beam vs. -6 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Ice Empoleon: 15888-18692 (146.9 - 172.8% of 35x hp boss) -- guaranteed OHKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)