7-Star Raid Event: Normal Type Eevee (+ Eevee Outbreak Spawns)

Bit surprised you looked up Krookodile's learnset and no where said it learned it or how but correct, it's only learnable through the TM.
4 Corphish and 4 Seedot materials

Though if you go online with raids you can get Kitakami raids even without the DLC so that's a nice option
Still would need to get a copy off someone with the DLC to get the recipe in the first place though.

1700181260877.png

"This shield and my debuffs will withstand any physical attack you try against me-"

1700181099019.png

Oh well.

1700181822921.png
1700181513098.png

1700181664028.png
1700181671618.png

Seeing Charm in the moveset made me think this might give Azumarill some trouble, but it didn't actually use it that much in practice, and Belly Drum is able to flip me back to +6 when I'm ready to go on the offense. I was able to use my new Tera Rock Azumarill and Rollout to victory with my setup for maximum multipliers, waiting for the tera orb charge to set up 3 Mud-Slaps to terastallize and then one more after a full Rollout takes it to its cleansing stages. Resetting Belly Drum between the stat resets can be troublesome, but you only need it twice, and here I got some early misses that let me Belly Drum again right after the 40% threshold.

1700181679660.png

Eevee doesn't hit too hard, especially after becoming a rock, but the HP requirement for the first Belly Drum can be tight and the misses are appreciated to set it up. It also seems to start doubling at a point which was almost an issue. The NPCs can be pretty helpful too with the potential of status and Intimidate to cut down on the non-Hyper Voice damage. While not living up to Pikachu's example, the Eevee raid was actually a pretty even challenge for Azumarill and probably would have outlasted me if it used Charm more often.

As for rewards, I guess the stones were to be expected and HP Up makes sense with HP being the only thing it has, and they didn't even bother to drop a TM even though Hyper Voice would have been just fine. The EV berries are actually pretty appreciated too.

Speed Boost Calm Mind Stored Power Espathra will obliterate this guy.

(Edit) Wait wait wait wait wait, isn't there an item that protects you from stat drops from the opponent?

(Edit x2) Oh my Arceus, the Clear Amulet... It's time Koraidon.

Last edited:
1700183319126.png
1700183303528.png

Tera Water Azumarill barely managed to take it out in much of the same way, even taking the full 3 Belly Drum turns and a couple of Liquidation procs. Double-Edge actually hurts more than Hyper Voice even with an Intimidate user, so I would put Defense Curl or Chilling Water back over Amnesia or Mud-Slap in hindsight. Having the speed to outspeed Eevee is also a nice boon here.

Yep, it's offocial, Koraidon finally reigns supreme. Both the timer and Eevee's health were probably around half way there and a +6 Orichalcum Pulse Atk Cheer Tera Fighting Collision Course was enough to finish the job. In fact, aside from the 1st couple turns (Which didn't even matter because of the Clear Amulet), I don't think he ever went for Charm. And even in my previous attempt (I forgot to give Koraidon defensive EVs and was crit the same turn I Terastallized), he only went for Charm once, so I have to question if it's even worth bringing the Clear Amulet.

Now, I know this isn't gonna be one of the biggest achievements ever because 1: It's a freaking Eevee and 2: It doesn't seem that hard in general even compared to Pikachu, but considering how royally screwed over Koraidon was with Rillaboom, all because he had Growth of all things, I'm taking this victory with pride damnit.

Although why do I have a feeling the only reason Eevee is so easy is because he's just the warmup to Hisuian Samurott?

I tried Annihilape I had first but it wasn'y fully EV'd and Defiant isn't as funny when it mostly just cancels out Charm rather than surging your stuff.
Then tried Iron hands but I didn't have the right juice for it

Then I just went whatever and swapped Arceus to Fighting tera. Thanks Arceus, always got you for when I don't want to try.

For the Violet players I imagine Corviknight being a popular choice.

:SV/Corviknight:
Mirror Armor (Eevee weakening Double Edge with charm will increase your survivability. Assuming he even goes for Charm that often)
Shell Bell/Metronome
Tera Fighting
252 Def / 252 SpD / 6 HP
Impish Nature

Body Press
Rock Smash
Iron Defense
Roost

I've been using Iron Hands for some simple online clears.
1700188294597.png

Belly Drum and Drain Punch are the usual carries, though I've seen some with Swords Dance as an alternative. Low Sweep allows you to outspeed Eevee for a safe Drain Punch heal after Belly Drum (since I've seen Eevee killing some unfortunate Hands who Belly Drum T1 and take 2 Double-Edges without a heal cheer) and still does decent STAB damage when you don't need the healing. Focus Energy is a free buff you can set at the start and get a 50% crit chance for the rest of the raid which is actually pretty noticeable. For the held item I went for Clear Amulet for consistency, but you could also go Scope Lens for 100% crits.

1700188464804.png
1700188474192.png

Overall it's been pretty smooth sailing for the grind.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This raid is not tough at all, so it really doesn’t require any special tools to win in team play. You can bring pretty much any decent fighting type and just pound on Eevee with the rest of the gang until you clear it. However, if you‘re interesting in finding things that really are well-suited to this raid,
I’m using this Corviknight and it has a fantastic combination of things that works great all-around to help your team a ton and do lots of damage:

:sv/corviknight:
Corviknight @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Fighting
Ability: Mirror Armor
Careful Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
- Body Press (pp max)
- Light Screen
- Iron Defense
- Roost

This is almost the same Corv that I used for Rillaboom, so it was easy to tweak it for Eevee. The real selling point for me is that Corv helps your teammates survivability a lot. Mirror Armor bounces back all the attack-lowering that Eevee does, which in my experience has been quite a bit. So any teammates facing Double-Edge or Bite, are not going to take much damage, barring crits. I throw up a Light Screen at the start, and that helps Corv and the team for taking those Hyper Voices, which is the main attack Eevee seems to use against Corv when it isn’t Charming. I don’t know if the AI is tilted to lower attack on players or not, but it seems to spam Charm a lot at Corv and has no clue that Mirror Armor is bouncing it every time. On the off-chance that Eevee uses Charm on the turns that Corv’s ability is disabled, Corv doesn’t care anyway because it’s gonna be doing the whole Iron Defense + Body Press thing.

Because Eevee wipes player stats twice, and I’m setting up Light Screen every once in a while, Corviknight takes a while for it to finally get to Tera. But when it does, it hits hard. Lefties could probably be switched for Shell Bell and Corv would get everything done a little faster not waiting for animations. But because Eevee is doing such piddling damage to Corv, it’s nice with Lefties basically ensuring you are at 90% HP or more, like ALL THE TIME. Roost is there mainly as a holdover standard moveslot, and theoretically useful if you caught a horrible run of crits post-Tera or something. I haven’t Roosted yet in any rando raids, for what it’s worth.

Like I said, I don’t think anyone needs much help to clear this raid. But I like looking for purpose-built solutions for raids, even when you can just brute-force it with generic goodstuff mons. And for this raid, Body Press Corviknight has a wonderfully elegant mix of factors to do this Eevee raid “the right way” lol ;-)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tera Fighting Defiant Annihilape eats this up pretty bad. Only has Bite pre-Tera, and Eevee is just too weak to get through drain punch healing.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The Corviknight I posted is a nifty team player, but it’s a slow slog in solos and it’s easy to run out of timer. So I went back to the lab and built the mon below specifically to abuse this Eevee raid. And it’s awesome in solos! I have cleared it solo twice, barely taking any damage and clearing the raid with almost half the timer left both times. Check it out:

:sv/kommo-o:
Kommo-o @ Clear Amulet
Ability: Soundproof
Impish Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense
- Body Press
- Drain Punch
- Iron Defense
- Swords Dance

This Kommo-o is basically perfect for the Eevee raid in almost every way. By using the Soundproof ability, you are immune to Eevee’s only special attack, Hyper Voice. That means you are only going to take physical attacks, one of which you resist. And Defense is Kommo-o’s highest base stat anyway, and we go all-in on top of that with Max Impish EVs. We supercharge this defensive beast by boosting with Iron Defense, making it damn-near invulnerable to Eevee. The icing on the cake is to then get double-use out of the monster Defense stat, by using it as the attacking stat with STAB Body Press. It all fits together flawlessly.

If you catch a crit or maybe a Hyper Voice on the ability-wipe turn, then you can heal it back with a Drain Punch. That’s originally why I gave Kommo-o the Clear Amulet, because I didn’t want my attack lowered on the turns where I needed to Drain Punch. But after seeing how it plays in battles, I would leave the Clear Amulet there, even if I DIDN’T have DPunch in the moveset. Here’s why: Eevee is obsessed with Charm against this Kommo-o! I’m not sure exactly what’s going on with the AI, but it seems to know that Soundproof makes Hyper Voice pointless, and that defensively Kommo-o is through the roof after a single Iron Defense so it doesn’t want to Double-Edge. And like we have noted many times in the past, the AI simply never recognizes that Clear Amulet is canceling the Charm effect. So it just uses Charm over and over again most of the time! Honestly the ONLY turns that I even care what it uses is the wipe turn, because both Soundproof and my ID boosts are gone. But even on those turns, it’s amazing how often Eevee chooses to use Charm, which is negated, because the wipe turn doesn’t affect Held Items. I love it!

I put Swords Dance in there just in case I need to get a little more oomph out of my Drain Punch after a crit or something, but it’s not essential.

In my first build of this, I made Kommo-o with a Lax nature because I wanted to thumb my nose at Eevee’s inability to use Hyper Voice. And because I don’t think I have ever used a Lax Mint EVER lol! And it worked just fine, tbh. But to be truly optimized, it is remiss to lower your SpDef instead of SpAtk when you have a chance to take a special hit on the rare occasions of the ability-wiped turns. So yeah, I went to Impish, like a responsible adult should.

I wouldn’t recommend this mon for anyone other than tinkerers that like making raid-specific mons. But if you have the means, Kommo-o is near-perfect for this Eevee raid.

[...]it seems to spam Charm a lot at Corv and has no clue that Mirror Armor is bouncing it every time.
Do the debuffs reflected by Mirror Armor go through the enemy Pokemon's shield in Tera Raids? I wasn't aware of that.

I think this raid might be intentionally easy because this weekend is the only opportunity for players to try it out. Every other raid prior to this one usually runs for two weekends back-to-back to give players who may not had time on the first weekend an opportunity on the second, and I think the specific dates are usually detailed in the in-game news. This Tera Raid is probably treated similarly to the one-weekend Mismagius raids for Halloween; they're raids that are linked to/lead up to a special day.

Anyway, this is the Pokemon I used to solo it on my second try:

Goodra-Hisui @ Shell Bell
Tera Type: Steel
Modest Nature
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
- Flash Cannon
- Acid Spray
- Chilling Water
- Life Dew

Chilling Water on turn 1 to wait out the first Eevee debuff wipe, Acid Spray 3 times, spam Tera Flash Cannon until Eevee debuffs again. Chilling Water can help ease off the chip from Double-Edge spam when Eevee debuffs itself the second time until Goodra-H gets ready to spam Flash Cannon again. Time and resource management was the biggest enemy here; I had to quit early on my first try due to life stuff, but I don't think I'd be able to beat it anyway w/o at least one PP Up on Flash Cannon and/or using all the attack cheers.

I went with this set instead of a Tera Fighting IronPress build b/c Eevee uses its party-wide buff wipe twice, once it hits the HP percent triggers. Although it also removes debuffs on itself twice during the raid, Eevee automatically does the first wipe in the first 30 seconds of the raid. That means I only need to re-do the Acid Spray setup only once, as opposed to setting up Defense boosts twice when they're cleared. Going specially offensive also means Goodra-H can ignore any Attack debuffs, and Tera Steel w/ Shell Armor provides extra safety against Double-Edge when it has to use Acid Spray again.

Goodra-H also seems to work fine as a supporter in random online raids. Both Chilling Water and Life Dew help (Tera'd) Fighting-types buffer against oncoming Double-Edges and double attack spam in the latter stage of the fight, especially for players who brought Iron Hands and think that using Close Combat is a good idea. If it's necessary, Goodra-H can also pick up the slack in damage output using the solo strategy when Eevee resets the team's buffs.

Just used the Kommo-o set Doug posted earlier so I could get my free Eevee with Mighty Mark and go back to the Indigo Disk waiting room. I read about the thing's AI being dumb but during my clear it only used Double Edge a grand total of one time (and doing a mild pittance anyways) on me while futilely trying to spam Charm as it gets flatlined by +6 Body Presses. Describing this raid as "free" might have been an understatement.

Ape didn't do as well as I initially thought, although that could've been because I didn't bother to retrain for this raid - Bulk Up is just so slow to set up multiple times. You never come close to dying, unless you eat a couple of crits in the same turn, but timer was a bit too close for my liking
What i really want to hear is horror stories of failing this raid online.

We know the average Pokemon player, we have all witnessed the atrocities people bring to raids, share your nightmares
Didn't fail, but someone had difficulty keeping their H-Decidueye alive

Edit: Spoke too soon, lost with Focus Energy+Cross Chop Ape, Disable+Helping Hand A-Muk, and CC Lucario

Last edited:
I’ve been running GalarDos online for the Thunderous Kick support:

:Zapdos-Galar:
Zapdos-Galar @ Shell Bell
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Thunderous Kick
- Bulk Up
- Light Screen
- Close Combat

Consistent Defense drops vs a boss with 50x HP, even if it’s just an Eevee, has proven to make this raid go by much quicker. I also have Bulk Up which I use t1 before Eevee resets its stats, and Light Screen to shield my team from Hyper Voice. Close Combat is my finishing move.

Underestimated this little one a bit, but still managed first try offline. I used the Corviknight build from.. (I don't remember what the Body Press Corvi was used for actually) but it worked! I forgot the Shell Bell, so healing was a bitch, once you tera Hyper Voice can whittle you down a lot, but still managed to get it sorted - another love ball Eevee!

back to the trenches until ID :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)