Other 6th Gen Pokemon UU Candidate Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who sees Mega-charizard being an utter beast this UU? A sun Fire Blast is 2HKOing this entire tier and its speed is no slouch either. Thanks to the ease of keeping SR off the field, charizard finds tons of switch in opportunities to wreck shit. and no bulky water would wanna switch into a Fire Blast + Solar beam combo. Pretty scary stuff coming from this thing

Am I the only one who sees Mega-charizard being an utter beast this UU? A sun Fire Blast is 2HKOing this entire tier and its speed is no slouch either. Thanks to the ease of keeping SR off the field, charizard finds tons of switch in opportunities to wreck shit. and no bulky water would wanna switch into a Fire Blast + Solar beam combo. Pretty scary stuff coming from this thing
I see both as OU. Mega Zard Y is an insane wall breaker and Mega Zard X is better than Salemence and Dragonite at DDing

I see both as OU. Mega Zard Y is an insane wall breaker and Mega Zard X is better than Salemence and Dragonite at DDing
I dont think Mcharizard Y might be OU because of the harder hitters and also tyranitar, who makes charizard think twice about Solarbeam. Also OU has Blissey and chansey to stop it clean cold. I can see it staying OU for the first month as a fad or after mega kangaskan gets banned.

Mega Char Y has access to Focus Blast, Tyranitar is the least of his problems, with Solar Beam + Fire Blast + Focus Blast + Air Slash, it gets the whole metagame neutrally, he has amazing coverage, is only walled by Blissey, and will kill most of the SR users.

I dont think Mcharizard Y might be OU because of the harder hitters and also tyranitar, who makes charizard think twice about Solarbeam. Also OU has Blissey and chansey to stop it clean cold. I can see it staying OU for the first month as a fad or after mega kangaskan gets banned.
Mega zard has the ability ti go mixed for both x and y so that chansey comment is half right. The advantage of mega zard y over ttar is that zard picks when drought is activated which makes ttar think twice about switching in when zard hasnt mega evod yet.

The only megas i see def dropping are the ones with okay overall bulk (gardevoir) slow speed (abomasnow, ampharos) and ones with a semi useless ability (aerodactyl).

Mega Aerodactyl has Tough Claws, boosting Stone Edge, Fangs, and EQ to insane amount of damage; I don't see it as a semi-useless ability.

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Mega Aerodactyl has Tough Claws, boosting Stone Edge, Fangs, and EQ to insane amount of damage; I don't see it as a semi-useless ability.
It doesn't boost EQ nor Stone Edge, which are it's main used moves, the Fangs are only there for coverage, and while the little boost is nice, running the good old lead set is probably still Aerodactlys best bet.

Mega Khan is getting banned before pokebank (unless the minority that wants ot suspected is bigger than i thought) and Focus Blast coming off of 159 SpA and the ability to go mixed to get by Blissey and chansey is enough to scare them off. If you look, its amazing how precisely it can 2HKO stuff like that. Sun Boosts Flare Blitz quite a bit if you use it.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Tough Claws only boosts contact moves (by 33%). I think it's intended to power up Aero's coverage moves, namely crunch and the elemental fangs, so they're not so weak.

I checked on bulbapedia before posting it, my bad I read it wrong, the list was moves that do not make contact.

I did know tough claw does 33% boost, I said insane because it takes stone edge to amazing power; apparently not though.

So yeah Mega Aerodactyl will not be as much of a powerhouse as I imagined, even though it boosts Fangs and Crunch.

As somebody stated before tough claws doesnt boost stone edge or earthquake. However while a boosted fire fang sounds nice, lo aero does similar damage output as mega aerodactyl. The stats are overall better but you tie up your mega spot when you could have something else

Mega Aerodactyl does have that insane speed, though.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am 99 % sure that Metagross is going to be UU. While you could say that it's too early to predict what will be UU, Metagross was UU on PO last gen , and the Steel nerf has only made it worse. That being said, what do you think will be it's most popular set?
Agiligross is nice, but lacks power, and especially lacks coverage, as it can only run 3 of Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Thunderpunch, Ice Punch or Zen Headbutt. Stealth Rock lead should be pretty nice with those great defenses and decent typing. I think if UU does become more offensive, the Choice Band set ( which doesn't have that bad coverage) or maybe even a Hone Claws set might be become popular. He fares pretty well against Mega Aggron and Mega Gardevoir, though Mega Aerodactyl, Houndoom, Manectric, and Absol piss all over it. Still, I think it has a decent chance in UU this gen and I think it wasn't used as much last gen because it was only UU on PO.

Last edited:
He's still faster than most Pokemon before he Mega-Evolves, and if used as a sweeper, he'll likely run max speed EV's, which most variants of the only currently UU that speed ties with him, Crobat, don't.

What are everyones thoughts on doublade? Ive actually used it to some degree of success in OU. It isn't the greatest Pokemon, but it hits really hard and takes physical hits like nothing else.Its a lot like steelix and rhyperior. Its move pool is probably the worst of the three and its not as powerful as rhyperior, but its great typing and its access to priority are both greatly appreciated.

I think that once OU settles, Scolipede will be UU. Yeah, he has that awesome ability, but as a sweeper it falls short against bulky flyers and his best chance at OU is acting as a Baton Passer, but it seems this strategy is dying more and more each generation,

I gotta say I've been running into lead Choice Band Dragonite more often than not lately. That set is incredibly good. Unless you have a Steel-type that can at the very least 2HKO Dragonite while not getting KOd in the process, you're probably going to lose a Pokemon to it. Choice Band Dragons are normally easy enough to deal with, but Multiscale just makes it an absolute chore to take down. And it's out on turn 1 so they're no breaking it's Multiscale before it starts up without resorting to Rugged Helmet or Iron Thorns. And even then Dragonite can go lolFirePunch and wipe Ferro out.

It loses to things like Paraflinch Jirachi & Scarf WoW Rotom, but if you lack those, you're losing a huge amount of HP if not an entire Pokemon.

I want to hear what you guys use to deal with it. I have WoW Ninetales & Iron Head-Ice Punch Jirachi. Neither are exactly complete counters.

Dragonite being UU? Haha, that made my day.

Anyway, I haven't posted in this thread yet because we still don't know for sure who's gonna be OU yet, but now I'm just going to list the 6th gen pokes that I've seen get used, but probably aren't going to be OU.

Diggersby
Florges
Delphox
Furfrou
Doublade
Malamar
Barbaracle
Clawitzer
Heliolisk
Tyrantrum
Avalugg
Noivern
Gourgeist (don't know which sizes)

Quite a list when you consider how few new pokemon there are. For that reason I think a lot of them will start of in RU and rise to UU or vise versa.

And here's a list of OU threats from last gen that might drop

Breloom (spore nerf, fighting nerf)
Ninetails (weather nerf)
Politoed (spec sets still popular so idk)
Starmie (weather nerf, defog, Excadrill)
Tentacruel (weather nerf, defog, excadrill)
Toxicroak (weather nerf, fighting nerf)

Just my 2 cents. UU prediction still seems like pretty heavy speculation, so I'm sure people will disagree with me. I guess we'll just wait and see

Last edited:
That's not a bad list, I think when the dust settles Hawlucha will be UU, he's not a bad pokemon and he has some cool uses but he's simply not strong enough for OU, especially not with Talonflame running around. I also don't see Dragalgae being OU but his okay bulk unique and great ability will probably find him a home in UU. Gogoat will also probably be UU.

Doublade sounds like fun in UU. On one hand, the fires of last gen still exist to ruin its day. On the other, it may find use for eating Outrages all day (keeping in mind most dragons carry a coverage move for this thing so it's not a true counter). It has immunity/resistance to the popular fighting/rock combo, which may force some fightings to run things they didn't used to run. It's practically immune to Staraptor which I'm almost certain will be freed from BL. It may end up being overshadowed by Metagross, which does all of the things I mentioned (except fighting immunity, but it's pretty physically bulky) as well has having priority of its own. However its bulk looks really awesome and I'm excited to try it in UU.

Do you see Fletchinder making UU? 73 attack as opposed to 81 from Talonflame. It's basically a bad Talonflame that doesn't have to deal with Rotom-W, Ttar and Heatran, though unfortunately it may have to instead face Rotom-H, Tyrantrum, M. Ampharos and Rhyperior. It no longer has to outspeed Kanga and Excadrill, but it'll now need to invest to beat Honchkrow and Bisharp. Naturally bulky stuff like Slowbro still beats it (which can even laugh off a supereffective U-Turn off of 73 attack).

Now that I'm typing this all out, I realize it'll be worse in UU than Talon is in OU, which is fine. It'll be tough to build around but I'm gonna try it out

Do you see Fletchinder making UU? 73 attack as opposed to 81 from Talonflame. It's basically a bad Talonflame that doesn't have to deal with Rotom-W, Ttar and Heatran, though unfortunately it may have to instead face Rotom-H, Tyrantrum, M. Ampharos and Rhyperior. It no longer has to outspeed Kanga and Excadrill, but it'll now need to invest to beat Honchkrow and Bisharp. Naturally bulky stuff like Slowbro still beats it (which can even laugh off a supereffective U-Turn off of 73 attack).

Now that I'm typing this all out, I realize it'll be worse in UU than Talon is in OU, which is fine. It'll be tough to build around but I'm gonna try it out
Honestly I don't think so. The thing I like about Talonflame is that I can still invest in HP because of his natural high speed and Gale Wings so he's not as frail as you may expect looking at his statistics backed up by really good typing (as long as SR is not up, it has lots of immunities/resistances). Heck, Roost + Bulk Up sets on Talonflame are 100% viable and some teams have much harder time dealing with this than SD set. Fletchinder much, MUCH lower speed means that he must invest in it everything he has and unlike Talonflame he won't outspeed some targets which don't care about his Gale Wings Brave Bird so he may Flare Blitz them instead.

Really interesting idea and I may try it myself, but I don't expect miracles as finding targets to wall him won't be that hard in UU as well and him being even more frail than Talonflame means that he'll take heavy damage even from some resisted hits when switching in.

EDIT: It doesn't ? Oh yeah, this is what I get for not checking movepool before typing this in. Yeah, no chance at all in this case.

Last edited:
I think that Noivern and Dragalge will be great additions to UU, because there was sort of a lack of dragons in UU last gen (the only viable ones were Kingdra, Flygon, and to an extent, Druddigon). Noivern is probably going to fall due to his lackluster Special Attack, bland typing, and being walled by Blissey. However, he's not going to be that overpowered in UU, either, as shown by this:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Noivern Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 171-202 (43.4 - 51.2%) -- 62.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Noivern Draco Meteor vs. 144 HP / 176+ SpD Snorlax: 204-241 (41 - 48.4%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Noivern Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 144-169 (38.5 - 45.1%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

This is modest specs Noivern using Draco Meteor against some of the best special walls in the tier, and it does about half to them before the special attack drops, so I don't think that is overpowered, considering we have stuff like Specs Chandelure in the tier now. Also keep in mind that modest fails to allow you to speed tie with timid Noivern, and not every Noivern is going to run Specs. One of the good things though is that Noivern gets flamethrower, which allows him to break through Bronzong and potentially Doublade. Overall I think Novern is going to be a nice addition to the tier, and in definitely going to use him.

( Please excuse some grammatical errors or laziness in writing I was writing this on my iPod.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)