5th Generation Stall FWG, this time its serious

Hello Smogon, those who saw my previous RMT must be thinking ‘God, wtf are those new comers doing with their fucking noob RMTs?’ But I assure you this is more serious this time, not some random Pokes that I slap onto a core. If you are interested the link is in my signature. Most of my PokeCareer I clicked Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, and Hydro Pump and my playing in stall sucks a lot (I love to sac pokes just to kill any poke [including leads] due to all my teams being HO and sometimes just to weaken them or get 1 layer of spikes up) so any of you are welcome to steal this team. But PM first. This team is RMTed because my main teams are all weather HO teams, and there is no point doing them as they are fucking standard. Well from my previous RMT, you could tell that I am a pretty offensive player, and what the fuck am I doing with Stall? Okay, like the previous team, this is currently played in PO’s server, until the you know what are banned. Now the team building process.
A Quick Look

This team, like mentioned in the intro, started as a HO team centered around an anti metagame poke, called CM Birijion (thanks shrang)

When I was thinking about a Poke to screw up other Pokes that Birijion can’t, I suddenly thought, hey, why not make it stall? Okay I know that you are thinking WTF am I using Birijion in stall? Because it is anti metagame. Ok I will stop about Birijion and nag about it later, lets get back to the next Pokemon, Heatran. Heatran resistes everything Birijion is weak to, and Birijion blasts those Bulky Waters that Heatran hates

Then, some thing to eat up what Heatran is weak to. Rest Talk Gyarados was the immediate option (My favourite Pokemon to sac. In fact, I sac it every game) Now I have a FWG core that resists every type in the game.

Next, I needed a hazard user and spinner, as my team forces a lot of switches and switches a lot . Forretress fitted the bill. NOT PERFECTLY AT ALL.

Now, I needed a Ghost, due to my reliance on entry hazards. And a Trick user. Gengar was quite good at this role.

Lastly, a lead. I like anti leads that blast apart other leads, and a Lati@s check. Tyranitar is my choice

A Closer Look

Tyranitar
EVs: 252 Attack, 88 SpA, 164 Hp, 4 Spe
Nature: Brave (+Attack –Spe)
Trait: Sand Stream
Item: Lum Berry
Moveset: Pursuit
Fire Blast
Stealth Rock
Super Power
Tyranitar does extremely well in the lead metagame. No Payback, as I need Pursuit to checked Choice-locked Lati@s in Psycho Shock, its so funny as they immediately Psycho Shock Birijion and Gengar (No LO recoil). Fire Blast is for Forry, Nattorei and the occasional Scizor switch in. Pursuit and Fire Blast combo destroys Forry, ignoring the currently non-existing Custap Berry, and the same goes to Skarmory. The SpA EVs guarantee the job done. Super Power for opposing T-Tars, and for the idiots that copied the set that locopoke used on his RMT. This is also pretty anti weather, as it is slower than most weather leads, screwing up their weather, with the exception of SS, which I have a little problem with. Oh and those that are wondering why I don’t invest in SpD, its because no body uses Focus Blast on Deoxys. Ever.Other than that, I don’t really use this in the lead position.

Forretress
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Attack
Nature: Careful (+ SpD – SpA)
Trait: Sturdy
Item: Leftovers
Moveset: Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Spikes
Earthquake
Forry is quite important to the team, as it performs two major roles (pretty badly), which in case you haven’t notice, is setting up Toxic Spikes, and spinning away hazards. Why do I need to spin? Because I switch @ least 20 times during a game. Toxic Spikes do the job for Heatran and Gyara, and Spikes wear down their Scizors. Earthquake is for denting Blazikens,Infernape, Terakions, Lucarios, Magnezones and Dorys and the list goes on, and I find it needing EQ more then Payback due to Justice Heart. Some people don’t even notice Forry’s existence, and their Deoxys S has such a happy time that the opponent rage quacks when it spins fuck. The EVs allow it to tank weak special attacks, such as Draco Meteors, Leaf Storms, ETC. I seriously need to replace this guy, as it dies for no reason with no reliable recovery.

Heatran
EVs: 244 Hp, 40 SpD, 224 Spe
Nature: Calm (+Spe, -Atk)
Trait: Flash Fire
Moveset: Torment
Protect
Substitute
Lava Plume
Tormentran earned its way into this team, as it freaking pisses people off, and together with Gyara, they force more rage quits than wins. The EVs are quite standard, the Hp inputs are a very nice lefties number, and an even nicer Substitute number. The Spe EVs allow it to outspeed certain slow threats, which I don’t bother to name, and the SpD investment are for the obvious special bulk and to piss Porygon2 off, and allowing it to take Boiling Water better. Torment allows me to destroy every team’s Offensive or Stall Pokemon, as Boosting Pokes and other Offense freaks usually only have a move to kill me. Not allowing Burungeru to Recover 2 turns in a row after it gets badly poisoned is extremely vital. Those that don’t get poisoned certainly do not like eating a STAB Lava Plume in the face, yes you Natt. And to even irritate the opponent more, I still have a Trick Gengar ready to fuck them towards rage quitting.

Birijion
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
Trait: Justice Heart
Item: Life Orb
Moveset: HP Ice
Giga Drain
Focus Blast
Calm Mind
There is only one word to describe Birijion. Anti-Metagame. It destroys half the opponent’s rain and sand team single-handedly, and major trolls their +6 Gliscor and Garchomp. This is also a Dory counter, able to eat a +2 X-scissor, and it resists EdgeQuake, letting it set up on Aero Leads. Giga Drain is there, as it takes off the residue damage it gets from LO, and Focus Blast (I have no choice but to use it, hax at PO is so bad HP Ice freezes you) pretty much obliterates opposing Birijion which HP Ice me. Birijion also has a heckload of resistance, and it works very well with the core, resisting all of Gyarado’s weakness. Birijion is here to add offensive pressure on the team, and it pretty much checks a lot of teams, and I don’t think there is much to say about it.

Gyarados
EVs: 248 HP, 252 Def, 8 SpD
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
Trait: Intimidate
Moveset: Rest
Sleep Talk
Waterfall
Dragon Tail
RestalkerDos is my shuffler, and it racks up so much damage that my opponent called it pseudo-Inconsistent. Ouch. Gyarados mainly absorbs status, and resists everything, and it’s a more potent Dory check, taking a -1 Rock Slide at around 30%, and Water Fall 1HKO’s it after Spikes and SR. Sleep Talk ignores the priority drop of Dragon Tail, and Dragon Tail with Waterfall hits every Poke neutral except for You Know Who and Empoleon in OU. Sometimes, Gyarados doesn’t even need to use Dragon Tail to shuffle, people just send out their counters, and then, trololololololol. It is an excellent wall too, stalling the opponent’s Poke, and with Intimidate, it has the Physical Spectrum stalled.

Gengar
Evs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 Hp
Nature: Timid (+Spe, - Atk)
Trait: Levitate
Item: Choice Specs
Moveset: Trick
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Who runs a Torment Poke without a Trick user? Well, I almost did, but when I was on Serebii’s Dex Page finding a Spin Blocker, I accidentally clicked on Gengar, and I saw that it learned Trick. Now Gengar could fufill two major roles in the team, which is Spin Blocking due to my reliance on hazards and Tricking Specs to somebody, making it Struggle on my Tormentran. Furthermore, this thing seriously needs to get banned. Thunderbolt for Fliers that evade Toxic Spikes, and why no Psychic? Shadow Ball 2HKOs Roobushin and OHKOs Breloom and Terakion, and Psychic leaves me as Pursuit Bait. Shadow Ball OHKOs Latias, which proves how godly this is. Focus Blast for obvious reasons (YES NATTOREI AND DARKS.) I’m using Choice Specs, as I don’t find what I need Speed for, and those Pokes that don’t need a Scarf Tricked onto them certainly don’t need a Specs too, and it ensures the OHKO on Latias. And this set 2HKOs Blissey after Spikes.

Overview
Generally I find this team pretty OK, but most of my opponents quit before I even get down to their 3rd Poke, and the only problem this team had is the survivability of Forretress and Fliers, which is now covered by Gengar due to the suggestion of Jaroda. Otherwise, please rate this team, and I hope that you find this a great improvement to my previous RMT and an enjoyable read and have a Happy New Year.​

First off, good looking team. Looks quite annoying.

Tyranitar: You say no SpD EVs but I wouldn't worry about Deoxys so much as I would Specs Politoed leads. Even without Rain that Hydro Pump is going to fucking hurt and you two are going to face off a lot since it will keep switching in to get Rain back up.

Forretress: Unfortunately the list of pokemon that can lay down hazards AND spin is quite small. Donphan can give you a useful Electric immunity, lay down Rocks instead of Tyranitar allowing you to go full offensive which is probably safer, can spin, has Sturdy, and finally can use priority with Ice Shard which your team lacks. Can be really handy in finishing off dragons and Skymin. Otherwise Tentacruel does really well in both the Sand and the Rain and can lay down Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin proficiently. It has a monstrous SpD and can throw out Boil Overs along Heatran's Lava Plume for double burning potential.

Heatran: A monster, I pray I don't have to face it.

Birijion: I'm REALLY interested in testing this exact set out for myself. Calm Mind Giga Drain is like Bulk Up Drain Punch (albeit worse coverage) but the same principle is there on top of just being a nightmare for weather teams. Really interested in this.

Gyarados: Also really annoying. I'd imagine it's a great partner with Heatran.

Gengar: An old favorite. Now scarf in general is useful for getting the drop on other scarfers and can help you KO Starmie with Shadow Ball since your team can't outspeed it otherwise and it has moves for everything on your team. Specsgar is insanely powerful though you're right, I've used it. If only there were a more powerful version of Shadow Ball... Anyway with Specs Shadow Ball will still 2HKO Roopushin and HP Fire or Thunderbolt will give you far better coverage than Psychic will. Besides, if you hit it on the switch you're probably better off switching to Gyarados anyway, whose Intimidate and Dragontail take care of it pretty easily, assuming no Stone Edge. And actually, with all the burn and poison your team is causing, you should replace Shadow Ball with Evil Eye! With Stab, Specs and status taken into account the BP will be 225 as opposed to 180. Big difference!

So yeah, this is a great team but I agree Forretress has to go.

Thanks for the rate Jaroda, against Rain Teams, I simply slap Birijion on the lead, and Giga Drain their Politoed, be it Specs or not, with the exception of SpD Toed, it 2HKOs, and Recovers a good chunk of health from their Toed, and if it is SpD Toed, well I am pretty much screwed, unless I ...

Fuck Forretress, I am desperate for hazards and spinning, and Tyranitar is doing its job well.

As for Gengar, Starmie dies to Birijion and Tyranitar, and usually Starmie switches into Gengar and dies. As for Psychich, I am considering that too, and yeah it leaves me as Tyranitar bait ): So changing it to Thunderbolt, as to cover the aforementioned weakness to Flyers, and to keep my 31 Spe IVs to Speed tie or outspeed Lati@s. For Evil Eye, Forry doesnt have much chance to use T Spikes as every team has a counter for it, and Evil Eye is a little unreliable, although it seriously fucks Rankurusu, I miss out on destroying a un-burned Latias.

Hey I got your message! Please note that I'm a little inexperienced at 5th generation, but I've been playing it recently and I think I have some suggestions.

First up, you seem to strongly dislike your Forretress, but claim it a necessity that you get up entry hazards and rapid spin, so perhaps an alternative toxic spiker would work better for you. I'd suggest possibly using Tentacruel, a Pokemon that is surprisingly adept in this metagame.

@ Leftovers
Calm
252 HP / 220 SpDef / 20 SpD / 16 Spe
Liquid Ooze
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Boiling Water
-Venom Shock

Definitely not a bad Pokemon this generation. It fits your requirements of being a rapid spinner and toxic spiker, and actually serves a useful niche. It's an excellent counter to BU Roobushin thanks to Liquid OOze lowering his HP every time he uses Drain Punch, and also counters well Breloom, opposing Birijon and Speed Boost Blaziken. Venom Shock on a poisoned enemy hits for pretty good damage, and Boiling Water hits the attackers immune to toxic spikes for a burn chance.

That's all the advice I have, I hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)