5th gen sun ubers team

Sorry about the crappy title, I'm not very creative at that kind of thing.

Team-Building Process
Seeing Reshiram's amazing stats, typing, and coverage, I knew he would be the main sweeper of my team. Obviously, sun makes Reshiram even deadlier, essentially a more offensively-oriented special version of ho-oh, so I added a Groudon lead. I can't have only one sweeper, so I added the even deadlier Mewtwo. I wanted to have spikes and a more dedicated wall, so Nuttre made it to my team. I was also shocked by Shanderaa's potential, so he earned another slot on the team. Scarf ditto looked like a promising late-game sweeper, so I chose to use him.

Groudon @ leftovers
Ability: Drought
Impish nature (+def, - spa)
Evs: 252hp/252def/4spd
-Stealth rock
-Thunder wave
-Roar
-Earthquake
Simple weather support Groudon. Stealth rock is always nice to have, because not many ubers resist it, and it keeps enemy Ho-oh from abusing my sunlight. Roar works nicely with stealth rock, racking up some residual damage when they try to stall or switch to a counter. Thunder wave also gets nice synergy with Roar, crippling any sweepers and supporting some of the slower members of my team. Earthquake is there so that taunt doesn't completely shut me down, and deals some damage even without EVs. To demonstrate, a Darkrai takes a minimum of 59.8% damage from earthquake, a 2hko. As well, a +1 defense Bulk Up Dialga takes 43.6% - 52% damage.

Reshiram @ Life Orb
Ability: Turbo Blaze
Nature: timid (+spe, - atk)
Evs: 4 def/252 spa/252 spe
-Nitro Charge
-Dragon Pulse
-Blue Fire
-Draco meteor
After a Nitro Charge, Reshiram will out-speed every unboosted pokemon other than Ninjask and Deoxys-s. Dragon pulse and Blue Fire are STAB moves of choice for reliability, and thanks to Turbo Blaze, hit every pokemon in the game for at least neutral. Dragon tail is there to break stalls and continue to rack up damage from Stealth Rock, helping to set up for other pokemon.

Mewtwo @ life orb
Nature: timid (+spe, - atk)
Ablility: pressure
Evs: 4 def/252 spa/252 spe
-calm mind
-ice beam
-aura sphere
-psycho break
Calm mind makes Mewtwo a behemoth, nuff said. ice beam hits a lot of the uber tier for SE damage. aura sphere gets decent type coverage with ice beam, hitting the steel-type pokemon for SE damage. Psycho break makes Mewtwo a very versatile wallbreaker. Even though it breaks the 'never use psychic-type moves in ubers' rule, it is worth it on Mewtwo. It essentially gives Mewtwo a base 154 attack stat, and another 252 evs in attack. The move alone makes Blissey's usability in ubers questionable.

Nuttre @ leftovers
Nature: Sassy (+spd, - spe)
Ability: Iron barbs
Evs: 252 hp/4 def/252 spd
Ivs: 0 spe
-Curse
-Spikes
-Gyro ball
-Leech seed
This guy works shockingly well in ubers. Thanks to his typing, he resists thunder, water spout, draco meteor, dark pulse, and shadow ball, all of which are seen on a regular basis in the Uber environment. Curse boosts his massive defense to astronomical levels, and boosts gyro ball, a STAB move that will be 150 BP a lot of the time in the speedy uber tier. Spikes works well for team support. Leech seed makes Nuttre even more annoying, while still gradually regaining HP.

Palkia @ choice scarf
Nature: timid (+ spe, - atk)
Evs: 4 hp/252 spa/252 spe
Moves:
-spacial rend
-thunder
-surf
-fire blast
According to Server Crash, I was kyogre-weak. I decided to use the tried-and-true counter to Kyogre, scarf Palkia. Thunder wards off Kyogre, and the 30 % paralysis chance can mean some hax before the 8 PP wear off. Surf is his reliable STAB move, OHKOing Darkrai in the rain. Spacial rend is for STAB and super-effective hits against the dragons of the uber tier. Fire blast means that palkia can work well in any weather, 2HKOing Groudon.

Ditto @ choice scarf
Ability: Eccentric
Evs: 252 hp
-Transform
-
-
-
The one and only scarf ditto moveset. 252 hp EVs because HP is the only stat that stays after ditto transforms.

I'm seriously having trouble reading this :/ the pictures are enormous. Whenever I try to read the descriptions my eyes just move toward to pictures again. I really think you should have smaller pictures >_< plus, ditto has no nature

Yeah, the pictures are ENORMOUS.

Anyway, how much have you tested this? There seem to be a number of glaring errors.

Let's take the most straightforward one first.

Ditto needs no nature, no moveset, and no EVs beside HP as that is the only stat that remains Ditto's after it transforms. No amount of EVs will make Ditto's defenses sufficient to take any attack, bar shadow ball, from any pokemon in the Ubers environment.

Do you really need 2 calm minders? I have no problem with turbo blaze Reshiram as it lethal, and I appreciate boosting Natt, but I'll get to those later.

Psycho Killer > Shanderaa w/o Shadow Tag

You don't need two pokemon to calm mind, especially as Shandera's defenses are not good enough to just chill and boost. You may get a lot of free boosts against pokemon who think that they are trapped, until you switch into a fire attack. I would recommend a choice scarf set to deal with opposing sweepers without wasting ditto or against pokemon who don't kill themselves. Then replace Substitute+Calm Mind with Overheat and Engery Ball.

No problems with Psycho Killer, as it is Psycho killer.

With Reshiram, I would replace dragon tail with Draco Meteor to go out with a bang as you already have a phazer (groudon) and Dragon Tail is a complete waste of Resh's offensive power.

No problems with support Groudon lead either.

My problem with Natt is that rest makes Natt less useful and less annoying. Nasty plot Darkrai would really enjoy facing this thing. I recommend switching rest to leech seed, as you still get healing, but you cause so much more annoyance. Rather important typo: Sassy (+SpD, -Spe)

How do you deal with Kyogre? You seem rather weak to it, well, you have no way to beat it reliably. For this reason, I recommend switching Shandera to Scarf Palkia. Scarf Palkia outspeeds almost all of the ubers environment and can beat almost all of them.

Hope this helps.

Give Ditto Speed EVs and a Speed nature, if you end up facing a Pokemon behind a Substitute but they die due to Life Orb/move recoil (think Flare Blitz Blaziken), Sandstream damage, Leech Seed, or some status effect like Burn at the end of the turn, then Ditto needs to be able to use Transform.

This could be important if Ditto is your last Pokemon available, and/or you just need to switch Ditto in because its the safest choice (say you burned Giratina-O before it Substituted, and then you switch to Ditto because it was about to use Shadow Sneak... Free switch, it'll die to Burn at end of turn, and will mean Ditto might need to use Transform first on the foe the following turn).

As for ditto, a few things, I want to note. First off, occasionally when you switch into a u-turn, you will will not transform, becuase of that its still a good idea to have other evs, probably the defenses, and of course then a defensive boosting nature. Also you should tell us what iv it has for its hidden power, as ditto after its transforms does not get there hidden power, but it actually keeps its own hidden power as part of the way transform works, and I am sure you do not want to be stuck into HP-dark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)