5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Quick question about shaking grass again. When I hit a specific seed, and restart, the shaking grass will be at the same spot if I hit that specific seed again, right?
To clarify some more: Shaking grass is dependent on PIDRNG, meaning you need to walk exactly the same way to obtain it. If you don't, then it might not pop up in the same spot again. If you walk in a certain pattern, chatter once, then walk in a certain pattern to produce it, eliminating the chatter will most likely not reproduce the shaking spot again.

One other minor note: If you hit your seed and get a shaking spot, it's a good indicator if you retry and don't reproduce your shaking spot, you also missed your seed. In addition, the "contents" of the shaking spot will change based on what you do to get there i.e. You can manipulate the PIDRNG of the shaking spot once it's visible, so it's not set in stone when it pops up

@Fog clearing: Also note though this won't permanently get rid of it. When you find a pokemon after the fog is gone and end the battle, the fog will come back. Then you have to redo the process again. I assume leaving the area will also cause this. In addition, you can also just forward your clock a month as the purpose to doing this is to get a change of seasons, which negates any current weather for the time being.

Ugh. I've been searching for a shiny roamer seed for ages now. Can someone help me look for one?

IVs:
31/HP_E/30/31/31/31
30/HP/30/31/31/31

Timid Nature
Frame: between 630 and 700.

Parameters:
MAC: 0009BFDF3BB1
VCount: 60
VFrame: 8
GXStat: 6
Timer0: C7F only
Version: White (English)
ID: 30551
SID: 02218

I've gone from 2011 through 2015 with the 31/HP_E/30/31/31/31 spread, and nothing so far..

Thanks in advance :)

Ugh. I've been searching for a shiny roamer seed for ages now. Can someone help me look for one?
I don't think it's a good idea to post your MAC address. In any case, try broadening your shiny frame search. 630 - 700 is a bit too small. Broadening this range will probably help (it saves searching time at the cost of you counting a few more Chatot summaries, which only takes a couple dozen extra seconds.) Just makes sure to have two Chatots with you.

Now, if someone can help me:
*others have reported that their SSF was lower due to a lack of “natural” rain on the route on the particular date of their RNG abuse*
I was following this Roamer RNG guide from which I quoted a small piece above. Unfortunately, I seem to be one of those people who lack "natural rain" on the route upon exiting the house. What's the minimum possible starting frame going to be around?

(i.e., when rain is present upon exiting the house, the starting frame is going to be greater than 540 + seed's calculated starting frame.)

To clarify some more: Shaking grass is dependent on PIDRNG, meaning you need to walk exactly the same way to obtain it. If you don't, then it might not pop up in the same spot again. If you walk in a certain pattern, chatter once, then walk in a certain pattern to produce it, eliminating the chatter will most likely not reproduce the shaking spot again.
Thank you. Btw, should I chatter(i.e. visit Chatot's summary?) once AFTER the shaking grass appeared, or when I first start the game? If I should chatter after the shaking grass appeared, do I have to walk the exact same way again to the grass?

EDIT: Hm... I got a different shaking spot even though I did walk the EXACT path I did before, did also walk one step more than I should (but that was after the spot appeared); but the IVs was the same, not the nature etc. though (and I didn't chatter)... wtf is this. >_>

Woaska with her millions of question...
1. When you're doing PIDRNG, in RNG Reporter, some natures are written in bold, neutral, grey and bold+grey format. What does this mean?
2. Isn't it an easier way to find out what frame you are on than scroll through the whole thing and looking for that specific nature/gender/ability that your Pokémon(s) have?

Thank you. Btw, should I chatter(i.e. visit Chatot's summary?) once AFTER the shaking grass appeared, or when I first start the game? If I should chatter after the shaking grass appeared, do I have to walk the exact same way again to the grass?

EDIT: Hm... I got a different shaking spot even though I did walk the EXACT path I did before, did also walk one step more than I should (but that was after the spot appeared); but the IVs was the same, not the nature etc. though (and I didn't chatter)... wtf is this. >_>

Woaska with her millions of question...
1. When you're doing PIDRNG, in RNG Reporter, some natures are written in bold, neutral, grey and bold+grey format. What does this mean?
2. Isn't it an easier way to find out what frame you are on than scroll through the whole thing and looking for that specific nature/gender/ability that your Pokémon(s) have?
If you hit your seed (Meaning you started game up correctly), then the IVs will be the same, provided you didn't advance the IV frames too far/advanced it far enough (i.e. You walked 128*X steps)

Did your shaking spot appear in the exact same spot? If so, then what happened is normal. Walking around like that advanced the PIDRNG, so that 1 extra step "changed the contents" of the shaking grass spot. A more reliable way to do this is to walk the exact same way to the produce the spot, do any extra steps necessary to advance the IV frame (i.e. keep walking so you hit your 128*x steps), then go in front of the spot. Do X chatters (X = {whole numbers} ) and record what you get. Always make sure for each of these you hit your seed (you hit your IVs. If the spot appeared in the same spot everytime, then i'm sure you did). Then you can find out what PID frame you're at, and then RNG what you want

1. I know bold means you can synch them, so for example

A. calm
B. calm

If you put a jolly synchronizer for each of these, PID frame A will always be calm while PID frame B will be changed to jolly.

I never really found out what the other shades do, but i believe any shade of gray means you can synch them.

2. For PID, you can narrow it down a few ways.

- Press the "Calculate your initial pidrng" frame. This tells you where your pidrng starts for that specific seed (starting frames vary from seed to seed). Your starting frame can't be before this

- When you obtain a pokemon and confirm you hit your seed, record it's gender, ability, what pokemon you got, and nature. There are options to narrow down based on ability + nature. For gender, you'll have to manually go through the list. For "what pokemon you got", you can see what encounter slot value (ESV) it has for the map you're on, and check to see which one. Some pokemon have multiple ESVs though, but they may vary base on level

e.g. Ferroseed appears on ESV 4 and 5 in chargestone 1F. But ESV 4 is level 25 ferroseeds while ESV 5 is level 26 ferroseeds

Final comments

If you're going for shaking grass, what area are you doing this is? If there are wandering NPCs that can change the PIDRNG frame on their own, it's going to be extremely difficult/near impossible to manipulate what pokemon you get. You'll probably have to rely on luck + bring a synchronizer to get the nature/pokemon you want.

When using Standard seeds that require keypresses, when should I hold down the right buttons, and for how long?
You should hold them asap after you start the game. I believe you got 1 second max or so, but really just hold them asap. I never found an exact answer for how long, but I always hold mine until the blue star animation from gamefreak starts. I've heard it's as early as when the pokemon/nintendo symbol comes up, but I've never bothered to test it. You can't really faastforward through those parts much besides saving yourself 2-3 seconds.

I never found an exact answer for how long, but I always hold mine until the blue star animation from gamefreak starts. I've heard it's as early as when the pokemon/nintendo symbol comes up, but I've never bothered to test it. You can't really faastforward through those parts much besides saving yourself 2-3 seconds.
You only need to hold the keypresses until you see the white and black 'The Pokemon Company' screen. Says in the OP, and I've never done any different yet still hit my seeds reliably.

Edit: Not in the OP, my bad, but in the guide linked from post three, this guide. Still, it works great for me and that's what I've been doing. You just gotta see that 'Pokemon Company' screen and can stop holding.

If you hit your seed (Meaning you started game up correctly), then the IVs will be the same, provided you didn't advance the IV frames too far/advanced it far enough (i.e. You walked 128*X steps)

Did your shaking spot appear in the exact same spot? If so, then what happened is normal. Walking around like that advanced the PIDRNG, so that 1 extra step "changed the contents" of the shaking grass spot. A more reliable way to do this is to walk the exact same way to the produce the spot, do any extra steps necessary to advance the IV frame (i.e. keep walking so you hit your 128*x steps), then go in front of the spot. Do X chatters (X = {whole numbers} ) and record what you get. Always make sure for each of these you hit your seed (you hit your IVs. If the spot appeared in the same spot everytime, then i'm sure you did). Then you can find out what PID frame you're at, and then RNG what you want

1. I know bold means you can synch them, so for example

A. calm
B. calm

If you put a jolly synchronizer for each of these, PID frame A will always be calm while PID frame B will be changed to jolly.

I never really found out what the other shades do, but i believe any shade of gray means you can synch them.

2. For PID, you can narrow it down a few ways.

- Press the "Calculate your initial pidrng" frame. This tells you where your pidrng starts for that specific seed (starting frames vary from seed to seed). Your starting frame can't be before this

- When you obtain a pokemon and confirm you hit your seed, record it's gender, ability, what pokemon you got, and nature. There are options to narrow down based on ability + nature. For gender, you'll have to manually go through the list. For "what pokemon you got", you can see what encounter slot value (ESV) it has for the map you're on, and check to see which one. Some pokemon have multiple ESVs though, but they may vary base on level

e.g. Ferroseed appears on ESV 4 and 5 in chargestone 1F. But ESV 4 is level 25 ferroseeds while ESV 5 is level 26 ferroseeds

Final comments

If you're going for shaking grass, what area are you doing this is? If there are wandering NPCs that can change the PIDRNG frame on their own, it's going to be extremely difficult/near impossible to manipulate what pokemon you get. You'll probably have to rely on luck + bring a synchronizer to get the nature/pokemon you want.
I walked 128 x 2 (256, I assume I can do it this way?) steps with three Pokémon in my party, which should advance the frame to 6, right? And my target frame is 7 so I suppose I'm doing it right?

No, it didn't. Different spots, same IVs. However, I walked the same path, until the shaking grass appeared, then continue walked the same path but since the shaking spot was different from before, I didn't walk the exact same spot until the end (256).

I see, so I should chatter right before I hit the shaking grass spot.

Ah I see, it was more a question out of curiosity. Since I don't use synchronizer I guess I shouldn't care?

Yeah I got that point, but what's the max frame (sort of)? Because I've been scrolling until like 300+ and it still haven't showed up. Well, that might as well be because my shaking spots where different or that I did the chatter thing wrong.

So you chatter by visiting Chatot's summary and thats it? I recorded a chatter earlier but it wasn't anything specific, I just had some music playing from my computer, hah.

I'm on route 18, when you surf normally there, go up the stair, follow part and then when seeing the house; go over the bridge and there I am. But maybe WHERE on route 18 doesn't matter.

Is there any list of routes/places that is good for RNGing? I have these routes available: outside Pinwheel Forest and Victory road (dark grass in brackets, route 10, 15 and 18. If none of these are good... I guess I'll just have to give up this project, hah.

When using Standard seeds that require keypresses, when should I hold down the right buttons, and for how long?
I use to hold them down before I start the game, then press A/using the pen to touch the game so it begins. Then I hold them down until N's castle appears - just to be sure, hah!

I only hold down the buttons between the white screen (loading the game) and when the GF logo starts playing. Hold them real tight, as they may fail sometimes resulting into a wrong seed.

I'm RNGing Thundurus right now. I've got a consistent list of natures - but I can't find the sequence in the RNG reporter at all, until as high as 1000th frame.
I don't have rain when leaving the house, only when Thundurus appears. From where should I start matching the natures sequence?

Since the shaking spot appeared in a different spot, but you got the same IVs, more than likely you have NPCs interfering.
You know if any of the routes I listed could be RNG'd at? Also, is there some kind of list? For future RNGing.

EDIT: Ok, I've given up on that project. However, a lsit of which routes that you are able to RNG without getting disturbed by NPC should be good to have.

I only hold down the buttons between the white screen (loading the game) and when the GF logo starts playing. Hold them real tight, as they may fail sometimes resulting into a wrong seed.

I'm RNGing Thundurus right now. I've got a consistent list of natures - but I can't find the sequence in the RNG reporter at all, until as high as 1000th frame.
I don't have rain when leaving the house, only when Thundurus appears. From where should I start matching the natures sequence?
You're doing it wrong. Stop looking for a nature sequence, you're not going to find one that's correct. Use nature/characteristic(PID%6) to find your starting PID frame. Look between 550-750. *Note that there can be multiple PIDs with the nature/characteristic you get between 550-750. If that occurs do +5 advances and check again.

You're doing it wrong. Stop looking for a nature sequence, you're not going to find one that's correct. Use nature/characteristic(PID%6) to find your starting PID frame. Look between 550-750. *Note that there can be multiple PIDs with the nature/characteristic you get between 550-750. If that occurs do +5 advances and check again.
Oh, thanks
sorry for the ignorance, but how do I search for it?

edit: found it, thank you very much.

what is pid%6, i mean and where do i go for it. i guess its too late for me to use it since i already rngd my thundurus.. but it would be good to know for later abuse or something.

How do you know which routes that are not disturbed by NPC?
I don't think a complete list of such routes exist; you just have to look around yourself and see if NPCs are moving in a set pattern or randomly, or if there are any NPCs or not.

I'm currently working on a list but it might be awhile before I finish it.

I don't think a complete list of such routes exist; you just have to look around yourself and see if NPCs are moving in a set pattern or randomly, or if there are any NPCs or not.

I'm currently working on a list but it might be awhile before I finish it.
Oh, I see. Then I'll ask: route 5, 9, 16?

Edit:
There is a list. Madarame was kind enough to compile one for us:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3559115#post3559115
Thank you.

One more question.
I have a pokemon frame is 6. I have 4 pokemon in my party. How do I make it so I get the pokemon i want.
If your frame is 6, and most likely your starting frame is 1, you need to advance 5 frames (6 - 1 = 5)

In order to advance 5 frames, you need to walk 128 steps with 5 pokemon in your party (or possibly 640 with just 1)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)