5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

*audibly slaps self*

Nope, I didn't.

I knew it would be something I did, but I couldn't freakin figure it out.

EDIT: That was it. Thanks y'all for putting up with me.

sweet, thanks... Now to do 254 chatots, instead of... 16... >.<
Eugh... I got to the 254 done, had my synchro out first, Didn't synchro; Is it still a 50% chance for it to effect it? Starting to almost give up on this thing, It doesn't wanna synchro to be right... >.<

Eugh... I got to the 254 done, had my synchro out first, Didn't synchro; Is it still a 50% chance for it to effect it? Starting to almost give up on this thing, It doesn't wanna synchro to be right... >.<
if rng reporter says that the target frame is affected by a synchronizer, then it should be affected, maybe you just didn't hit the seed that time

Are you going for a shiny? 'Cause if not, there's no way you need to do 254 PID advances with a synchronizer. You should be able to find a syncable PID frame within 10 of your starting frame.

Are you going for a shiny? 'Cause if not, there's no way you need to do 254 PID advances with a synchronizer. You should be able to find a syncable PID frame within 10 of your starting frame.
seriously? Cause, I'm going for a certain encounter frame (The nearest from my start is 16 after) and, when I tried to get that, it remained bold (As stated earlier). However, I may just have been having bad luck, and just need to try several more times...

Okay, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Searching for a pokemon of encounter slot 10/11 (Tynamo) I get (With a starting frame of 44) One at frame 60, Which is Bold, and the next one at frame 298. The one at frame 298 is said to be synchronisable to be Modest; Yet, upon reaching it (Once over a few tries) It was gentle, as the game stated. The Bold one (16 frames after the starting point, which I hit (Thus telling me my seed is correct) Doesn't seem to want to synchronise either) This is starting to put me off RNG; I know it should be a long, hard process, however this doesn't seem to be working at all. Can someone please tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

can someone help me? i did the entire process, but i dont know how to set the initial timer0, frames, and v counts.
After you find your parameters in the parameter finder, click "use results in time finder." You can also go to the time finder and click on "5th gen DS parameters setup" and enter them manually.

Okay, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Searching for a pokemon of encounter slot 10/11 (Tynamo) I get (With a starting frame of 44) One at frame 60, Which is Bold, and the next one at frame 298. The one at frame 298 is said to be synchronisable to be Modest; Yet, upon reaching it (Once over a few tries) It was gentle, as the game stated. The Bold one (16 frames after the starting point, which I hit (Thus telling me my seed is correct) Doesn't seem to want to synchronise either) This is starting to put me off RNG; I know it should be a long, hard process, however this doesn't seem to be working at all. Can someone please tell me if I'm doing something wrong?
Post your seed and what you're aiming for. Also post the place you're trying to RNGing in.

ok i think i got my seed down, but how do i advance the frame? is there a certain amount of steps i need to take? lets say the frame is 1 how many walking steps is 1 frame?

ok i think i got my seed down, but how do i advance the frame? is there a certain amount of steps i need to take? lets say the frame is 1 how many walking steps is 1 frame?
Did you read the first post of this thread? If your starting Frame is 1, and you want Frame 1 then you don't need to advance it. And you also need to specify which frame you are advancing: IV or PIDRNG? (but it's all in the first post of this thread).

You think you got your seed down? You verify that you hit your seed by checking the IVs of the Pokemon you caught. If it matches what you were aiming for you hit the seed. If it doesn't you missed the seed. The IVRNG (for IVs) starts at frame 1 and is advanced every 128 steps by the number of Pokemon in your party. So if you were aiming for frame 4 you would walk 128 steps with 3 Pokemon in your party.
The PIDRNG (for natures, abilities, encounter slots, shininess, etc) starts between 40-60 and is advanced by viewing Chatot's summary (with a recorded chatter) or saving. Both Chatot/saving advances it by 1. Walking/turning in areas with wild Pokemon also advances the PIDRNG by 2 per step/turn.
To check starting PID and PID frames, right click the seed, copy to clipboard and paste in the main window of RNG reporter where it says seed (hex). Choose method 5 PIDRNG, choose the encounter type, set sync nature if applicable and generate. Click "Calculate initial PID frame" to find your starting PID.

Im having a lot of problems with rng a normal larvesta egg.

Im breeding with a 31/x/31/31/31/31 ditto and 31/x/31/31/x/x male timid larvesta with everstone. My seed is DD43B139 and i found it using Method 5(standard seed), larvesta egg encounter type, frame 2 and IVs 31/x/31/31/31/31. I used to to generate a list in the main window, picked Breeding (BW), everstone nature=timid.

I found my SSF to be 562 calm nature so i started again and advanced the frame once with chatter to get relaxed nature, then advanced three times for frame 565 timid and caught a random pkmn to check its iv and they were in accordance to one of frames 14-20 looking at standard seed but still my larvesta only received 31 iv in hp and sp defense

Afterward i checked the ditto parent box and couldnt find the calm/relaxed/x/timid nature anywhere

Anyone has any idea what im doing wrong?

Im breeding with a 31/x/31/31/31/31 ditto and 31/x/31/31/x/x male timid larvesta with everstone. My seed is DD43B139 and i found it using Method 5(standard seed), larvesta egg encounter type, frame 2 and IVs 31/x/31/31/31/31. I used to to generate a list in the main window, picked Breeding (BW), everstone nature=timid.

I found my SSF to be 562 calm nature so i started again and advanced the frame once with chatter to get relaxed nature, then advanced three times for frame 565 timid and caught a random pkmn to check its iv and they were in accordance to one of frames 14-20 looking at standard seed but still my larvesta only received 31 iv in hp and sp defense

Afterward i checked the ditto parent box and couldnt find the calm/relaxed/x/timid nature anywhere

The Larvesta egg encounter type is for the Larvesta egg you get from the guy in that house near route 17/18. If you're just breeding a regular Larvesta it would be under the gift encounter type and thus you should search on frame 8 for IVs.

Few things that I found wrong

- If you're breeding, the IV frame starts on 8

- "Larvesta egg frame 2" is in reference to the free larvesta egg you get on route 18

- Your SFF should be about 50~55

*others have reported that their SSF was lower due to a lack of “natural” rain on the route on the particular date of their RNG abuse*
So, I was following this Roamer RNG guide from which I quoted a small piece above. Unfortunately, I seem to be one of those people who lack "natural rain" on the route upon exiting the house.

Does anyone know where the starting frame is likely to be in this case? It was 622 for one of my other seeds, but natural rain was present. I'm wondering how far back I have to start my search with this seed...

has anyone done a successful RNG on the giant chasm plains? you cant use sweet scent there for some reason which is annoying, any ways around this?

Quick question about shaking grass again. When I hit a specific seed, and restart, the shaking grass will be at the same spot if I hit that specific seed again, right?

has anyone done a successful RNG on the giant chasm plains? you cant use sweet scent there for some reason which is annoying, any ways around this?
You can use the same trick that's available for removing the sandstorm in route 4, you'll be able to scent after clearing the fog.

oh okay thanks, and this doesn't affect the frame at all?
Nope... No effect...
Steps to do this:
-Save in Giant Chasm area w/ desired Pokemon
-Change DS date to a month before the one for your target seed.
-Enter game, encounter a wild Pokemon, run from / KO it.
-Fog will have been removed. Save game. Turn off DS...
-Now change date to your target, and RNG as usual... fog will remain gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)