5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

There's a NPC in the Mistralton Pokémon Center who will tell you the type of a Pokémon's Hidden Power. A lot of calculators will have that as an option, and it should narrow the options down a lot.

Oh wow, I didn't think about that at all. Thanks :)
I can finally make some progress

But when using C-gear, a synchronizer is necessary?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I heard something that RNG abusing on a not Japanese B/W Game is not possible? I'm at the point of capturing Reshiram at my European Black, but I want to RNG capture it. Is that possible?

I heard something that RNG abusing on a not Japanese B/W Game is not possible? I'm at the point of capturing Reshiram at my European Black, but I want to RNG capture it. Is that possible?
C-Gear RNG it. That works on all carts for now, or wait till sunday to Non C-Gear RNG it.

Buckert

C-Gear RNG it. That works on all carts for now, or wait till sunday to Non C-Gear RNG it.
Lol, I don't know the difference, but I'll give it a try :P Thanks.

Edit: The RNG reporter is asking which version I have, but I can only choose between Black and White, Japanese versions? Does that matter?

Lol, I don't know the difference, but I'll give it a try :P Thanks.

Edit: The RNG reporter is asking which version I have, but I can only choose between Black and White, Japanese versions? Does that matter?
It doesn't matter if you're doing C-gear. That option is for non c-gear only.

Buckert

What's the Calibrated Delay and Calibrated Second for Black? Just 480 and 14? Or is it different?

What's the Calibrated Delay and Calibrated Second for Black? Just 480 and 14? Or is it different?
My calibrated delay for Black (EU cart) is around 1300+ and second is 24. :d So it is very different from previous gen.

I managed to hit my seed once but the syncher failed... I guess there's no way to check my delay after frame advance? <.<

Ohh it is so hard to do in Gen 5 >.<

The way to do is a lot different with the previous generations >.<

still learning this Method 5 tough.

By the way, it said about Method 5 Nature as Theritical isn't it, why is that ??

Is it still a theory or is it proven ??

Buckert

My calibrated delay for Black (EU cart) is around 1300+ and second is 24. :d So it is very different from previous gen.

I managed to hit my seed once but the syncher failed... I guess there's no way to check my delay after frame advance? <.<
Thanks, now I have to find another seed.. :P And I don't have a syncher, saved in front of Reshiram :') Stupid 5th gen abuse, blegh. Well I'll try and make the best of it.

How do I check Reshiram's correct IV's after I caught it? And I can't see its nature in battle :(

Got these 2 options from Metalkid, now what..

Reshiram - #643 (Adamant): 10 - 11 / 4 - 5 / 26 - 27 / 2 - 3 / 12 - 13 / 6 - 7
Reshiram - #643 (Impish): 10 - 11 / 28 - 29 / 6 - 7 / 2 - 3 / 12 - 13 / 6 - 7

This was my first testrun

Edit: Lost against Ghetsis, and I've found out I got the Impish one. But how stupid is this, I can't check the EXACT IV's without using an AR. >_< So I can't RNG capture Reshiram without an AR? I do have one, but I don't have Black codes on it yet, and I'm not gonna save my game at this point

Thanks, now I have to find another seed.. :P And I don't have a syncher, saved in front of Reshiram :') Stupid 5th gen abuse, blegh. Well I'll try and make the best of it.

How do I check Reshiram's correct IV's after I caught it? And I can't see its nature in battle :(

Edit: Lost against Ghetsis, and I've found out I got the Impish one. But how stupid is this, I can't check the EXACT IV's without using an AR. >_< So I can't RNG capture Reshiram without an AR? I do have one, but I don't have Black codes on it yet, and I'm not gonna save my game at this point
You can leave the room to get a syncher even if you're saved in front of Reshiram. At least that's what I recall. I left the room several times to change things in my party.

You check the the possible IVs by looking at Resh's stats when you're in a battle. I believe that when you switch pokes, you're able to view all the stats of each pokemon.

When doing a Resh RNG, since you're looking for IVs in the 30 to 31 range, you can easily know if the Resh you got is the wrong nature or the wrong IV Resh entirely. Just use an IV calculator to see what stat values a Resh with your target IVs and nature should have for stats and you'll know what range of stats to look for. Then compare what you see when you try switching pokes in battle. Then soft reset to try again if you have to.

Edit: P.S. I am not back. Just passin' through really quick.

Woah, hold on a sec, I thought there was no calibration this gen?

If there is then do you just do it the same as in HG/SS. Save in front of a high level legendary (eg reshiram) Sync your ds time and date with your pc time and date and then click to load up the game at the exact minute and record the stats you get. Keep doing that and find the most common results for the delays you hit. That's what I did to find my calibrated delay in HG/SS. Same for calibrated time, record the most common result.

It is possible to do without an AR. I RNG'd Reshiram without an AR the whole time and got a quaint-flawless.

The only thing is you're using MetalKid to find the IV range and then looking for them on the results. With C-gear, you're starting at frame 3, so that means on the results on RNGReporter, you're looking at the 3rd IV, which is HP, which is where you're starting frame is. Now if Reshiram is, let's say, 4 Frames just like mine last night, then you'll start at frame 4 and see if you hit your seed or not or if you're in range of hitting it. I hit mine last night and it was a 4 frame, which means to advance the frames all I needed was a repel + 28 steps.

It's best that you find a frame below 10, which is what I'm going to prefer doing to get all my legends because it give me the option to look at the IVs on the results shown in RNGReporter so that I know where I hit my delay, and how much I need to hit it and then add the frequency I need to get a better chance at hitting my seed.

Reshiram - #643 (Timid)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 2 - 3
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 30 - 31

EDIT: You can also go to the 2nd floor of the castle, in one of the rooms there will be two grunts all the way at the back of the room. The Grunt towards the right will warp you back to the Pokemon League Center, and then you can leave anywhere around the region. So this gives you a chance to catch a synchronize Munna or something, if you didn't have one, like me. If you want to return to the Castle, go to the Pokemon League Center, and talk to the grunt that's standing to the front-left side of the Pokemon Center and he will warp you back to the castle, instead of just dying to Reshiram which will take much longer if you're Pokemon's are at a high level, which will also warp you back to restore your Pokemon when you lose to Reshiram.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

If there is then do you just do it the same as in HG/SS. Save in front of a high level legendary (eg reshiram) Sync your ds time and date with your pc time and date and then click to load up the game at the exact minute and record the stats you get. Keep doing that and find the most common results for the delays you hit. That's what I did to find my calibrated delay in HG/SS. Same for calibrated time, record the most common result.
They're using pikatimer. There never was a need for this process and its not very accurate. This new way is better and if you're using it, you're going to get there faster. Some people hit heir delay in 3 tries on an uncalibrated game.

Edit: @OD
Glad to see its not just me. When the 5th Gen guide is done and makes no mention of it though, hat should help.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Yeah, this whole "button-mash and find your most common delays" thing? It's an old, outdated practice that I tried to phase out before HGSS even came out, by something way more consistent (two-stage timers). For some reason, people keep trying it this way.

*sigh* Maybe the fact that we haven't updated the DPPt guide with the new method has something to do with this.

How does frames work for a stationary Pokemon like Kyurem? Since there's wild pokes in the cave, does my frames advance me in anyway?

One question from me. I'm interested in breeding Pokemon, and I was wondering: what are the prerequisites for breeding, apart from having the game and the latest RNG reporter?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
One question from me. I'm interested in breeding Pokemon, and I was wondering: what are the prerequisites for breeding, apart from having the game and the latest RNG reporter?
Your best bet: a flawless Ditto (there are many floating around here if you ask), and Power items to maximize the probability that the IVs you want are passed down.

Also knowledge of how to use C-Gear seeds.

Yeah, this whole "button-mash and find your most common delays" thing? It's an old, outdated practice that I tried to phase out before HGSS even came out, by something way more consistent (two-stage timers). For some reason, people keep trying it this way.

*sigh* Maybe the fact that we haven't updated the DPPt guide with the new method has something to do with this.
That's the way I learned to do it in HG/SS. I personally found it okay. After you had done the initial calibration you can always input the same values then. I often found on pikatimer I would always need to adjust by about +20 to +30 to hit my target seed in that game. I kept doing it as I got regular results. Managed to RNG every legendary in that game as well as a prize corner proygon and a fossil aerodactyl and a shiny super rodded shellder. Never tried any egg RNG-ing though.

I wish someone would post an absolute step by step guide for BW. I am hearing so many contrasting informations at the minute I don't know where to start. Maybe I will just try it the old way and see what happens but first I gotta fill my PC boxes so Reshiram will go to the dragonsiral tower, I'd really like a Hasty Shiny one of those :(.

I have access to a flawless Ditto, and have no knowledge of C-Gear seeds, but the stuff you've written seems very easy to understand. Do you need anything special? Because when I visited the Pokemon Day Care on Route 3, I could only put in one Pokemon instead of two.

I'm just saying for breeding you might want to add in that you have to complete the Day Care man event in Nimbasa City before you can RNG abuse for breeding.

That's the way I learned to do it in HG/SS. I personally found it okay. After you had done the initial calibration you can always input the same values then. I often found on pikatimer I would always need to adjust by about +20 to +30 to hit my target seed in that game. I kept doing it as I got regular results. Managed to RNG every legendary in that game as well as a prize corner proygon and a fossil aerodactyl and a shiny super rodded shellder. Never tried any egg RNG-ing though.

I wish someone would post an absolute step by step guide for BW. I am hearing so many contrasting informations at the minute I don't know where to start. Maybe I will just try it the old way and see what happens but first I gotta fill my PC boxes so Reshiram will go to the dragonsiral tower, I'd really like a Hasty Shiny one of those :(.
Shiny Reshiram = nonexistent.

Your best bet: a flawless Ditto (there are many floating around here if you ask), and Power items to maximize the probability that the IVs you want are passed down.

Also knowledge of how to use C-Gear seeds.
How do we use c-gear to breed? How do we get a seed to use for breeding on Gen 5 for c-gear?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)