Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Charizard is often this team's win condition, able to find a chance to Dragon Dance much more often than I expected. In order to support a lasting sweep, I elected to use Fire Punch and Dragon Dance over their stronger counterparts, as both Flare Blitz recoil and Outrage confusion can take out Charizard before he's able to finish off the opposing team. The power loss is significant, but I've honestly seen very few situations where it's relevant.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Outrage

With much less power and no Fire-type move, Dragonite is by far a less effective sweeper than Charizard. Nontheless, it can still punch holes in many teams and has a much easier time setting up, between Multiscale and its Lum Berry, which either gives me free reign to Dragon Dance on a status move or extend an Outrage sweep. Extreme Speed is always a good move on Dragonite, but is especially useful on such an offensive team, since it gives me an extra revenge killer.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Ice Beam

Originally Banded, changing Kyurem to a Scarf version gave me both a revenge killer and late game cleaner, since Outrage shreds weakened teams even unboosted. Being the most "spammy" Dragon on my team, Kyurem is the Pokemon that benefits most from magnet support, and is also the most effective at baiting out Steel types for trapping. I am considering replacing Dragon Claw with Iron Head for Fairies, but I don't relish the idea of being locked into such an otherwise weak move.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

In virtually every battle with this team, I lead with Garchomp and use Stealth Rock. The fact that this strategy rarely backfires shows just how effective Garchomp is at perfoming this role; he can set up Rocks consistently and can usually either KO something or weaken several opponents before being taken out and giving me a free switch. In some cases, though, I must be more careful to preserve him; this team is very weak to Exadrill in sand, among other things, and Garchomp gives me a chance at surviving.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnezone was a Choice Specs version for most of this team's lifespan, but I eventually realized that I was basically playing a Pokemon down. Specs Magnezone is simply too slow and has too many common weakness to function as anything but a sacrifice for a free switch. The Scarf version has been performing much more effectively; it gets surprise kills on things that think they're faster, it can gain momentum with Volt Switch, and it's an effective late game cleaner.

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Compared to the more flexible Magnezone, Magneton is a more dedicated Steel trapper; it's done its job if it takes out my opponent's Steel type and then faints, giving me a free switch. Still, its bulk allows it to sometimes go beyond a simple 1-for-1 trade and punch holes in slower teams. Magnet Rise is the weak point here; it has occasional niche use, but the situations where its useful are rare. As much as I'd like to stay true to the theme, I do recognize that Magneton is probably this team's weakest link, though it has been performing surprisingly well.

I have a couple things to point out. First, I want to point out that you have 4 pokemon that are week to earthquake, an extremely common move. I think you need to switch out some dragons and maybe magneton for pokemon with more defensive synergy. For example if a ddance mega tyranitar got +1, he could take your whole team out with earthquake and ice punch. Since it looks like you are going for an offensively oriented team i suggest choice orb greninja in place of magneton. That's just a start but it will give you needed coverage

I have a couple things to point out. First, I want to point out that you have 4 pokemon that are week to earthquake, an extremely common move. I think you need to switch out some dragons and maybe magneton for pokemon with more defensive synergy. For example if a ddance mega tyranitar got +1, he could take your whole team out with earthquake and ice punch. Since it looks like you are going for an offensively oriented team i suggest choice orb greninja in place of magneton. That's just a start but it will give you needed coverage
As long as I can remove Steel and Fairy types, Outrage is all the coverage I need. The DDTar weakness you mentioned is a potential issue, but I fail to see how Greninja helps with that, given that it's outsped by +1 Mega Tyranitar and can't 1HKO Mega Tyranitar with Hydro Pump, even after Stealth Rock, meaning he just gives it a free set-up.

I suggested greninja for better overall coverage not against ttar, but if outrage works for you, go ahead. As for tyranitar, a decently bulky fighting type such as conkeldurr can tank an attack from +1 mega ttar and then easily ohko with drain punch. This is a pretty standard set, knock off and stone edge are good alternatives to poison jab, but if you replace magneton then then keeping poison jab is a good idea.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)