3v3 singles, no dream world, no legendaries

I'm entering a tournament soon with rulings being no legendaries, no dream world, 3v3 singles, and not much else.

I figured this would give me great opportunity to abuse breloom as the premier lead, back her up with a garchomp, and finish up with some love from starmie. However, in such close quarters, is there better?!

The team:

Breloom @ Choice Scarf
Jolly 252 Spe / 252 Atk
Spore
Super Power
Seed Bomb
Rock Slide

The end all be all. Leading, she will typically spore my opponent and then switch off to most likely garchomp. If it comes down to her being the last pokemon standing, she's well equip to take down most foes. If need be, flinch hax may become a saving grace for this scarfer.

Garchomp @ Lum
Jolly 252 Spe / 252 Atk
Outrage
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Swords Dance

Debating on going SD or Banding it. Garchomp is your proverbial rape-factory, and is somewhat of a must have in such close combat. Remember how Garchomp has the potential to take down half a team with little effort? Well now teams are already cut in half, and a third of it's asleep. If Garchomp doesn't meet what can stop it from the get-go, the battle's already over.

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Timid 252 Spe / 252 SpA
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Trick
Surf

I feel a special attacker is in order, one that can take ice attacks most preferably, and who better than starmie? Dragon dancers think they got this battle in the bag? NOPE. Debating on hydropump vs surf. I feel the power is necessary, but the miss chance could really break the battle. It's a personal preference. The trick is on there in the event I end up matched against a rest talking cm milotic that has a monopoly on screwing this team over. I'd opt for one myself, but I like having lightning and ice to deal with any potential bs that may come my way.

Other options:
Due to a lack of steel type, I could see a well place dragon running this team over. Most dragons with lum berry, sub, and Dragon Dance/SD could spell out all the trouble from turn one. Leading with Scizor opposed to breloom could solve this, giving me something to ease dragon attacks and attract weak fire or the other members subverting this. However, being able to sleep anything is quite the asset.

Another team idea I have would be leading off with a lum, sub, SD garchomp (the very thing I fear!) to pump up the jam early on and back him up with counters to the very things that'd stop him, most likely using a scizor and starmie.

I think something like a choice scarfed haxorus or hydreigon could be extremely threatening to the team, unless you lead with your starmie and can get a OHKO with an ice beam. The hydreigon could be especially dangerous as it can also run a special attacking set with scarf, and overall your team seems to be a, "hit hard first and knock them out before they hit you" type of team. Maybe put something a little more defensive in place of breloom, because if it doesnt move first then it is likely to be ko'ed; maybe put in a metagross instead to wall dragons almost completely?

Overall i just think that breloom is great on paper, but is paper thin and wont do much good at all if you cant get spore off. A steel type replacement seems like a great option for this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)