ORAS Ubers 2nd RMT, Different Tier. (Stallish Ubers Team that you should hate)

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD

The stall of shittiness
493-ghost.png

493-ghost.png
385.png

493-ghost.png
385.png
0vrs5qm.png

493-ghost.png
385.png
0vrs5qm.png
242.png
716 (1).png

493-ghost.png
385.png
0vrs5qm.png
242.png
716 (1).png
472.png

DW_Jirachi_Doll.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
Now comes the most adorable addition to my team, 'Rachi comes in as my Sub-Toxic Stealth Rocker, im missing a valuable spot for wish, yet i didnt want to be taunt bait, so i picked the next best move on it, for the reliable flinch chance of Iron Head. I also choose Specially Defensive 'Rachi because of Geo-Herb Xerneas, because 'Rachi is a small check to Geo-Herb Variants W/O HP Fire.
mega_sableye_by_cowctus-d7lz6yw.png

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
Now my "Twenty Rupees Worth Mega" is perfect for my stall team, being able to set up Now the new set suggested by Pistolero i can see how it is better, countering mega salamence after a couple D-dances, even though i dont get knock off IMO
Arceus_Ghost_Type_by_Xous54.png
Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
(IM NOT CHANGING THE PICTURE GUIZ I LIKE PURPLE)
Now my arceus set is a spin off of the mega sableye set, but with more cancer, i noticed from parts of my team that i needed to get rid of hazards, and i saw the "Don't Use This, Use That" post about it, and i felt this would be a good defogger, with the burn support. i decided on calm mind to fill my special defense, kind of like the mega sableye set.
blissey_for_harunokaori_by_iloveart_kun-d4fa6qi.png

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spatk
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
Now an addition to the team that i love to use for walling Gengar-Mega, it walls my team depending on the set, since both sableye mega and arceus are weak to gengar mega, and 'Rachi is undecided on it.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
This set was also recommended by pistolero, shoutouts to him, but i havent used this set yet, but i can see how it works, it works as a wish passer and a status healer, what my old Xerneas could not do both. this will work better than xerneas because of Yvetal and Darkrai running rampant

gliscor_by_fannyloo-d4bf0xe.png

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake / Knock Off
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost
Gliscor, Gliscor, GLISCOR. Why wouldn't I use gliscor, on STALL?! this set is way different from my first set, not the old toxic stall, but with more AIDS involved, the move set is self explanitory.
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head

Sableye @ Sablenite
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spatk
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish Nature
- Earthquake / Knock Off
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost

megalucario_by_kuro_no_yuki-d6h81ui.png

Mega Luke if it is mixed set will shit on my team alot, meaning if it carrys both SD and NP, it can tear through my team (its a thing, plz believe me ;n;)

FORMER TEAM MEMBERS
chibi_xerneas_by_misselizarose-d5s7sxy.png

Xerneas @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy​

Attachments

Last edited:

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Hello BoxedOccaBerrys, I'm here to rate your team. Stall teams are hard to build in ORAS Ubers but you seem to understand how to build quite well. I do have some suggested changes for you however.

First of all, I would recommend you change your Xerneas slot to a Clefable. Geomancy without a Power Herb does not really work well at all, and Geomancy Xerneas doesn't fit on stall teams either. I recommend you change this slot to Unaware Clefable:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast / Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

OR

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell / Wish
- Moonlight / Protect

Specially defensive Clefable lets you PP stall Calm Mind Arceus formes due to Unaware ignoring their Calm Mind boosts, with Clefable always beating Arceus-Dark. Heal Bell provides your team with a way to heal off burns, but does clash with Gliscor's Poison Heal somewhat. You can also look into using Calm Mind Clefable with Moonblast, this can actually set up on Geomancy Xerneas and opposing Calm Mind Arceus! Clefable also checks Yveltal and Darkrai rather nicely, both of which can cause you severe issues (Taunt Yveltal has a field day against your team).

Next, I would recommend a change from Jirachi, as in my experience Jirachi tends to work better on balance (where it can use U-Turn effectively), to Ferrothorn, as right now you are weak to Calm Mind Kyogre (which 2HKOs Blissey at +1). The set I suggest you use is:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect

This is capable of dealing significant damage to Calm Mind Kyogre, sets up your Stealth Rock for you, and generally wears down switchins with Leech Seed. Protect gives you recovery and lets you lock Choice Band Ho-Oh. Power Whip is to deal decent damage to Rest Kyogre which can otherwise outstall Ferrothorn, and the 4 Speed EVs are to outspeed opposing Mega Sableye and KO if they are low on health (Mega Sableye often tries to come in on Ferrothorn as it walls it).

Next, I would advocate that you change your Arceus forme from Arceus-Ghost to Arceus-Rock, as this fixes the Salamence weakness that you have (+1 Salamence can deal significant heavy damage to everything, especially with Double-Edge, and if your opponent pressures you smartly to Mega Evolve Sableye then you are in trouble). The set I recommend you use is:

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

This also gives you a fair switchin to Ho-Oh, something that can severely pressure defensive teams. With Protect Ferrothorn, you can lock Choice Band Ho-Oh to prevent it from predicting your Arceus-Rock switchin with Earthquake, and with Stealth Rock you should not do too badly - Ho-Oh will always be a difficult matchup however. Max Speed is to at worst speed tie Arceus-Normal and Mega Salamence and burn them in an emergency. You could drop to 96+ Speed with 160 Defense, however, as this lets you take +1 Earthquake from Salamence even after Stealth Rock and a layer of Spikes if i remember correctly.

Next, I have some moveset suggestions for you.

Mega Sableye should not be running the Calm Mind set it runs in OU, this set gets eaten alive by most Uber Pokemon that can easily apply huge amounts of pressure to it - think Xerneas, Ho-Oh, Primal Groudon, Arceus-Dark etc. Instead, you should try a moveset of:

Sableye @ Sablenite
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Fake Out / Knock Off / Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Foul Play and Will-O-Wisp let you deal very nicely with Swords Dance Arceus formes, and Foul Play deals a lot of damage to Ho-Oh / Primal Groudon / etc. Fake Out lets you deal chip damage, Mega Evolve safely, and lets you scout for EV spreads (for example, it does 5% to offensive Primal Groudon and 4% to defensive Primal Groudon). Knock Off lets you knock off items from incoming Xerneas / Ho-Oh, limiting their damage output, and Toxic lets you cripple Calm Mind Arceus formes, as well as Ho-Oh and Xerneas again. I believe these EVs avoid a 2HKO from any of Life Orb Mewtwo's moves, but you can also just run max Defense.

For your Blissey, I recommend you make the switch to this set:

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Blissey should not be taking physical attacks in Ubers at all, making full investment in special Defense and HP the better option. This also lets Blissey avoid the 2HKO from +2 Focus Blast from Xerneas with Protect, letting you stall it out slowly but surely, and also lets you take on Calm Mind Arceus (it never hurts to have two teammembers that can do this) and stall them out with Wish+Protect. The reason I recommend you use Flamethrower + Leftovers over Seismic Toss + Shed Shell is because your team is rather weak to Mega Gengar, and with Flamethrower, Leftovers and Protect, Blissey can actually stay in on Gengar and 1v1 it instead of having to switch out due to Seismic Toss doing nothing. The reason I suggest Flamethrower as the attack is because it allows Blissey to deal damage to Ferrothorn switchins, Klefki and Scizor, although you could also use Ice Beam to prevent Gliscor from being too much a problem. Any attack that (preferably) doesn't have any immunities, hell if Gengar irritates you that much you could even use Shadow Ball, or something REALLY strange like Hidden Power Steel for Mega Diancie if you despise it enough (I have done this before!). It's not like the moves will deal any damage to anything you aren't specifically targeting anyway.

Edit: you can also use 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD Calm, this allows you to take Pursuits better (the only physical attack Blissey should be taking at all, as it is sometimes unavoidable). This still just about manages to pull off Wish Protect against Focus Blast Geomancy Xerneas, and Focus Blast's shaky accuracy can work in your favour as well.

Lastly, I would change your Gliscor set from the one you have now to:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish Nature
- Earthquake / Knock Off
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost

With Roost and the Speed EVs, you can stall out Ho-Oh by making it kill itself with recoil from Brave Bird and also potentially Life Orb. Earthquake does fair damage to Primal Groudon, while Taunt will give you the upper hand against opposing stall teams and also lets you win against Sub Ho-Oh. You could also try using Stealth Rock on Gliscor which would let you use Spikes or Toxic on Ferrothorn, but Taunt tends to be too nice to pass up. Knock Off is also usable over Earthquake but I would rather use Earthquake as it insures you against the rare Blaziken, that would work rather well against your team otherwise.

I know that this is a huge rate that suggests loads of changes, but I hope that you know that changing your entire team is not my intention, and when you look at it again it is really only suggesting two teammember changes and optimising a couple of movesets (Arceus forme changes are more moveset changes in my opinion). I hope this helps you with your team, and good luck! If you need any further help, don't hesitate to ask me either here or on Pokemon Showdown

Last edited:

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
Pistolero, although i would have a weakness if i dont switch my 'Rachi into ferrothorn, i would still like to keep jirachi for the the small iron head flinch chance, since im using a sub-toxic rocks set, i am loving the switch from Xerneas to Clefable, i do not understand the blissey move change... i also like the new moveset for gliscor, that seems like it would work better.
I know that this is a huge rate that suggests loads of changes, but I hope that you know that changing your entire team is not my intention, and when you look at it again it is really only suggesting two teammember changes and optimising a couple of movesets (Arceus forme changes are more moveset changes in my opinion). I hope this helps you with your team, and good luck! If you need any further help, don't hesitate to ask me either here or on Pokemon Showdown
and i know this isnt your intention.

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
probably a question better aimed at PISTOLERO how does this team, with your changes, deal with mega diancie?
Smart pivoting through to Gliscor will help as you can take a hit and almost OHKO it back with EQ. Clefable can also Wish+Protect stall it out of Diamond Storms provided it comes in on Earth Power or Moonblast. Lugia can also Roost stall it out of Diamond Storms, Blissey can Softboiled Stall it out of Diamond Storms if it does not come in on one and is running 252 Defense EVs. Mega Diancie is overrated as a stallbreaker to be honest, as it is not hard to chip damage, and Calm Mind variants are almost non-existent due to Protect being nigh-on mandatory for Diancie to accomplish anything against offense. Bear in mind that all these calculations are done with Naive Diancie, which is also sub-optimal as it is then not a good check to Darkrai or Yveltal at all, meaning that Timid is much more common. If you need any more explanation, don't hesitate to PM me

I would probably use SDef Gliscor, but its not really needed. It is just me but a AromaCroXern over Clefable will help you a lot since Yveltal and Mega Sableye seem rather problematic. Oh you could try Icebeam Blissey over Fthrower as well but I am still a fan of Seismictoss.

AromaCroXern ?

Xerneas @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 HP / ...
... Nature
- CM
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

5 Moves if I'm not wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)