CAP 2024 CAP Winter Seasonal - Round 1

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
IMG_2650.png

Artwork by Gaboswampert

It's now time to start the tournament! Unfortunately, we didn't have as many signups as I was hoping for, and this caused the bracket maker to generate a relatively small bracket with quite a few subs. For this reason, I will be doing an activity sweep later in the week to try to get as many people who got put in as subs into the tournament as possible. Please try to make all of your scheduling this round public, so as avoid you getting caught up in this.

Rules:
  • This is a standard [Gen 9] CAP tournament.
  • The format is best of three, double elimination.
  • Changing teams in between matches is allowed.
  • You are required to post your replays.
  • All Smogon tournament rules apply.
  • Any change in tiering will not take effect until the following round.
  • Matches must be played on Pokemon Showdown or Smogtours.
  • Please use this guide while scheduling with your opponent.
1st: 16 points
2nd: 13 points
3rd: 11 points
4th: 10 points
5th-6th: 9 points
7th-8th: 8 points
9th-12th: 7 points
13th-16th: 6 points
17th-24th: 5 points
25th-32nd: 4 points
33rd-48th: 3 points
49th-64th: 2 points
65th-96th: 1 points

Pairings:

Zephyri  vs  vuldark234
SHSP  vs  spoo
metagross does architectu  vs  Gekokeso
Steam Buns  vs  Joeshh
JeoZ  vs  Waldinji
Liimpy
 vs  Philou008
shnowshner  vs  SunMYSER
Sweatiz  vs  BijouMode
shadowtime2000
 vs  Cyril tbh
Amamama  vs  Meta-Knight
autumn
 vs  Lightniong
snake  vs  boomp
velvet  vs  feen
Mada  vs  Nashrock
Concept Everything  vs  Scizivire
Da Pizza Man
 vs  zaydapoketrainer
DripLegend vs Bye 1
Samirsin vs Bye 2
Lasen vs Bye 3
Admiral Kuzan vs Bye 4
entrocefalo vs Maxouille
Ming549 vs Bye 6
Prototypetrainer vs Bye 7
D2TheW vs Bye 8
Deadline is Sunday, February 18th 11:59 PM GMT-5

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Re: Tournament Sizing

As the tournament just barely missed the number of users needed for a 64-player bracket, we ended up with a 32-player bracket with 8 Subs. This resulted in a large number of users being given sub roles, some of which being prominent cap players such as Lasen and D2TheW. After talking with others in charge of overseeing the circuit, I have decided that the best course of action would be to change the size of this tournament's bracket from 32-players to 48-players, and give all of the players who were previously assigned as subs to given Round 1 Byes. This does come with the unfortunate side effect of mandating round robin rounds later on in the tournament, but I personally believe that the pros of this change outweigh the cons here.

Result: The tournament will be changed from a 32-player bracket to a 48-player bracket. All of the players who previously were made subs will now be given Round 1 Byes.

Tagging DripLegend Samirsin Lasen Admiral Kuzan entrocefalo Ming549 Prototypetrainer D2TheW

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As a heads up, the first replay you linked leads to a random ORAS OU game. I can obviously count the second game, but I need to supply the correct replay, or for me to get confirmation from your opponent that it was played, for me to count the first one.
Fixed oops

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey everyone, Archaludon just got banned from OU. Its ban will not go into affect for the tournament until next round. For the remainder of this round, please use the following challenge code for your games.

/challenge gen9cap @@@ +Archaludon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)