OM 2021 OM Championship - Won by The Number Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
1638778312077.png

art by ausma
playercards by Pujo

Welcome to the playoffs of the 2021 Other Metagames Circuit! The top 16 players have emerged after competing in this year's OM tournament circuit. The winner of this tournament will receive the Other Metas ribbon, as well as the choice between a custom avatar, a new username color, and an inactive username on Pokemon Showdown, courtesy of Teclis!

Tournament Rules:
  • This is a best-of-five single elimination tournament in the following SS formats: Almost Any Ability, Balanced Hackmons, Mix and Mega, NFE, STABmons.
  • Higher seed chooses first game, loser picks next.
  • All metagames are locked as of this post. Any changes will not affect this tournament.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown. Replays are required.
  • General tournament rules and regulations apply.
Round of 16

1/ Quantum Tesseract vs 16/ The Number Man

2/ Chazm vs 15/ Stareal

3/ Greybaum vs 14/ Hamhamhamhamham

4/ The Immortal vs 13/ tlenit

5/ PandaDoux vs 12/ Dragonillis

6/ DugZa vs 11/ XxSevagxX

7/ Jrdn vs 10/ lepton

8/ quojova vs 9/ Quagg

Deadline is Sunday, December 12th at 11:59 EST (UTC-5).
Quarterfinals

16/ The Number Man vs 9/ Quagg

2/ Chazm vs 10/ lepton

3/ Greybaum vs 11/ XxSevagxX

4/ The Immortal vs 5/ PandaDoux

Deadline is Sunday, December 19th at 11:59 EST (UTC-5).
Semifinals

16/ The Number Man vs 5/ PandaDoux

2/ Chazm vs 3/ Greybaum

Deadline is Sunday, December 26th at 11:59 EST (UTC-5).
Finals

16/ The Number Man vs 2/ Chazm

Deadline is Sunday, January 2nd at 11:59 EST (UTC-5).

Last edited:

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
P r e d i c t s

But first of all I'm mad af nobody told me there was a custom to win if I knew I would have.... dropped too but still ! :((((( I think it's part of motivation to 'win' things (even if its only mons and nobody really cares) in tournaments but w/e.

I just hope everyone's gonna bring heat and fun and enjoy this tour :heart:
We have pretty good players there (except XxSevagxX) so it'll probably be a good tournament to watch.

Round of 16

1/ Quantum Tesseract
vs 16/ The Number Man I don't know why TNM is seed 16 (and in fact, something like ~seed 21) because he's very good, and I would definitely have bolded him against almost anyone here, but without Camo and against QT, it'll be tough. This will be a pretty cool serie tho, between two players that I find very good. QT's gonna with this in 4 imo
2/ Chazm vs 15/ Stareal Stareal is probably very good in NFE but I don't think they play other OMs 'seriously' and Chazm is p good everywhere, and it looks like the luck is on its side lately :p Win in 4 too
3/ Greybaum vs 14/ Hamhamhamhamham Greybaum is the best except when he's not (ok this is not funny). Greybaum is the best except when he johns (and this is accurate). But he's seed 3 for a reason and I haven't seen Ham x5 lately so I'll bold safely. Win in 3
4/ The Immortal vs 13/ tlenit bo5 Stabs is scary af you should not play with this dude. otherwise, idk, TI is good in STABs, tlenit in NFE, and then I feel like TI is prob better overall but I'm not highly convinced. I'll bold a win in 5.
5/ PandaDoux vs 12/ Dragonillis bruh. we had 4 players, then 2 because Atha and I didn't want to ruin the tour by winning everything, it woudln't have been funny, and now we'll only have ONE French for the R2, it's sad (bullies gonna say we have at least one guaranteed but shhhh French > you). However, even if Dragonillis is the luckiest man on this earth (and he gave his power to the French team in wcup, such a boss, s/o LBDC and Alternatif :d), and the 'bo5' format is probably the best for him, I think it's kinda the same profile as Panda's one, good everywhere, but being particularly good in AAA and Camo. Sadly, there is not Camo, but I think Panda is slighlty better overall and will win this in a pretty tight bo, in 4 or 5
6/ DugZa vs 11/ XxSevagxX WEST COAST BEST COAST WEST COAST BEST COAST WEST COAST BEST COAST WEST COAST BEST COAST WEST COAST BEST COAST WEST COAST BEST COAST WEST COAST BEST COAST WEST COAST BEST COAST. Nothing more to say, he has my support, be ready for the Zamastall return. Sevag wins in 4.
7/ Jrdn vs 10/ lepton lepton 4-0 wcup but Jrdn is a beast I mean yes he's scary af and I don't have anything more to say but watch his unsets ;-; Jrdn wins in 4
8/ quojova vs 9/ Quagg Quagsire fan, Quagg fan, idk I like the dude, but quojava made an impressive run during the Swiss and proves that it's a mistake to underestimate BH mains and this'll be a fun series imo ! Quagg's gonna win in 4 (bring sap sipper quagsire plsssssssss)

(chut Siamato rage pas parce que je te mets la misère en AAA et que j'ai drop out c'est toi le nullard)
(ily Gman TheCoastsOfToast UT Redflix (haha not u go to hell) Ren (same tbh))

Osake

Hasta Siempre
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
After not-so-inaccurate predicts for the r1 (6 out of 8 if I'm couting right) and an impressive upset of tnm and lepton (3-0 jrdn is impressive ngl) I'm back UwU (sorry for late predicts but anyway y'all are johners so who cares)

Quarterfinals

16/ The Number Man
vs 9/ Quagg as I said in my first predict about tnm, I would have bold him against anyone, but it was QT ; and in fact, he won in 4 against QT in an impressive series, so I was not wrong in a way. Secondly, why is seed 16 before seed 9 smh. Lastly, I think tnm is veryyyy good and he proves it against QT, when Quagg struggled against quojova (ok i didn't watch the series and quojova is not bad, but it's still less impressive than beating QT in 4) so I'm expecting a win in 3 here.

2/ Chazm vs 10/ lepton ok ok lepton has kind of TTTech spirit, always winning when I'm bolding agaisnt them ;-; and if I still find amazing that lepton defeated jrdn in 3, I think Chazm is just too good overall to be defeated here, but if lepton wins I'll just become their n°1 fan for ever and stop doing predicts tbh. (Win in 4) (actually, if you hate me just pay Chazm to lose so you'll not see me anymore :3)

3/ Greybaum vs 11/ XxSevagxX Hypest battle for me, not overral but just the one I personnaly am the most excited to see because sevag is good overall (and actually won in 3, even if I didn't watch his games but ik the AAA game was weird), and Greybaum defeated ham^5 in 5 tight battle, but I think Greybaum is actually slightly better, esp when considering the fact that sevag is busy this week so not much time to prep. Win in 4 or 5 intense battles.

1639518811391.png

1639518906180.png
(f Redflix l2p)

4/ The Immortal vs 5/ PandaDoux despite being robbed in AAA by the Drago-Luck, PandaDoux managed to win strongly the bo and I think he's a better player overall than TI, and I think he'll win in 4 (cuz stab ;-;) (also let's go France) (nothing much to say sorry, just look at my previous predicts it's kinda the same tbh) (also I'm stupid af LOL for a second I forgot NFE exists when I made predicts but PandaDoux is obviously p good in NFE too so it's a great advantage on his opp)

SFG LET ME FINISH MY PREDICTS SMH STOP CHALLENGING ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)