SS OU 2017-2018 Golden State Warriors [Rain Team]

Hey guys, Toshhy here. Long time Uber player but since took a long hiatus, now back and playing OU. This is a rain team originally inspired by Pokeaim idea, I made some changes and it's been tearing up the ladder.

Stephen Curry (Barraskewda) @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch

Incredibly strong physical attacker and fastest threat under rain (only outsped by +4 teapot). Great user of dynamax. The idea is to push on the Liquidation button when rain is set up and you see an opening. This guy often cleans up after Dracovish tears holes into teams. If you need to use a coverage option while locked in Liquidation, dynamic and you get great coverage, just be sure to plan ahead.

Draymond Green (Pelipper) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn
- Knock Off

The only viable rain setter. Nuff said. A slow u-turn is great to pivot into Dracovish. He is the glue of this team.

Andre Iguodala (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Knock Off

The essential Ferrothorn all rain teams need. He is the hero that we all need but the hero we all deserve... Or something along those lines. Power whips Semistoad ass and once he's gone, your Splash Brothers will rain down. Stealth Rock, of course and Gyro Ball because it is super strong against speedy things. You can also run iron head for Hat Women.

Kevin Durant (Dracovish) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Outrage

Most likely to win Finals MVP. Great offense and good defense, able to play on both side of the field. The thing can switch into all the fire moves aimed at ferrothorn and proceed to wreak havoc with Fishious Rend. The opposing team need to have an answer for this wallbreaker. I choose adamant bc Jolly is only outspeeding neutral Dracopult and I don't think thats a thing. Adamant to give you even more POWAH!! This thing is like 4th gen Kyogre in Uber. His defenses are really solid too with great defensive typing.

Klay Thompson (Dragapult) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

This guy can outspeed the prehistoric Dino bird/fish and ohko them. Excellent coverage and speed. It's important to know your damage output and what you can ohko 2hko and what you can outspeed with this thing. Infiltrator is so great. Sub Hyragion? Sub Corviknight? Sub Aegislash? No problem at all, its so funny how a lot of people don't know what infiltrator does yet.

Shaun Livingston (Hatterene-Gmax) (F) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Mystical Fire
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick Room

Wow Trick + three attack is amazing. This is because few things can takes it's coverage, it's likely going to hit you for supereffective damage (ferrothorn, hydragion, and even neutral targets don't want to take a hit from this guy). This guy can go off in some games when the opportunity present itself.

Replays and pastebin to come/.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1020654854

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1020361296

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1020573199

Stephen Curry (Barraskewda) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch

Draymond Green (Pelipper) @ Damp Rock
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Andre Iguodala (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Knock Off

Kevin Durant (Dracovish) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Outrage

Klay Thompson (Dragapult) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

Shaun Livingston (Hatterene-Gmax) (F) @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Mystical Fire
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick Room

Last edited:
Hello! Toshhy,
I was just checking the RMT forum to try a new team for myself and I found your team. Its a very cool rain team and I absolutely loved it, then I thought it could be improved even further, so here are my changes and explanation of why I want these changes:

Major changes-

Dracovish --> Drednaw

Drednaw @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
First and foremost, the team is very weak to Gyarados and only Barraskewda outspeeds it after a Dragon Dance boost, and do literally nothing in return if Gyarados is Dynamaxed. Ferrothorn might be able to live any hit, but cannot check it consistently with the current moveset. Drednaw, on the other hand, can outspeed Gyarados even after +1 speed in rain, and can revenge kill it with Stone Edge. It gives you another rain sweeper which is not locked in one particular move, while also pressuring opposing Ferrothorn which is a major nuisance to rain teams with Superpower.

Minor changes-

Ferrothorn-
Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball / Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
The current moveset is fine but it has too many offensive moves and Ferrothorn is probably not made for attacking. In this set, Chople Berry is used to take a random Fighing-type attack from the likes of opposing Drednaw, Barraskewda, Hawlucha ,and many more. Thunder Wave is used to criple Pokemon that might try to setup in front of Ferrothorn, such as Gyarados and the aforementioned Hawlucha, meaning that Ferrothorn is no longer a setup bait. Since I removed Leftovers, Leech Seed is used in the final slot to have some form of recovery for Ferrothorn. Knock Off was not that important here as Pelipper already carries it.

Hatterene-
Nothing much to say about this Pokemon but running 0 Speed IVs would be better in my opinion, as it reduces the damage taken from Ferrothorn's Gyro Ball, and will also make it a bit more faster under Trick Room.

Well.... that's all. I know that Dracovish is the MVP in the team so changing it is completely optional but I will strongly recommend replacing it with Drednaw as Gyarados is really big problem for the team.
If you wanna keep Dracovish, then change the Outrage to Low Kick, as it doesn't allow opposing Ferrothorn to come in for free, you will be clicking Fishious Rend most of the time anyway.
I hope that these changes might improve the team. Feel free to ask any question regarding the team :]
Here are the importables-
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Roost
- U-turn

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder
- Fire Blast

Drednaw @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch

Hatterene-Gmax (F) @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Trick Room

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed

Reactions: TPP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)