2016/17 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Champ...osti-meriti-storici-le-big-160659992455.shtml
Google Translate said:
In addition to the Serie A, also Spain, Germany and England will have four fixed teams qualified thanks to a new ranking that takes into account the results of the past.

Four safe places for the big leagues, some qualified teams (if any) for "historical" merits, the new ranking, protected raffles. For the Super League it is still early, but in the three years 2018-21 Champions will change, and how. It will become a SuperChampions. classical structure, 32 finalists and eight groups, but decided change in the qualification criteria: the negotiations between the big teams of Europe and UEFA have been underway for months: the Journal can anticipate where it's going the Champions.
This is disgusting. Its obviously money-related as no clubs should be in the Champions League just because of history

Last edited:

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
historical merits, please.
unless it means booting city out for having none ;) but dont let Liverpool back in for winning naff all for ages.

How many wingers does Crystal Palace have on the pitch lol? Pretty much the only players who's not a winger are the defenders and keeper! Chelsea should have hired Pardew when they had like 15 attacking mids at the club a couple of years ago.

Also City's defence looks like a complete fail. How have they brought in so many players and yet still have Kolarov at CB...

Arsenal - Liverpool is an early candidate for game of the season. OK, there are horrible defending here and there but the end to end attacks add to the excitement.

Reactions: HBK

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Arsenal - Liverpool is an early candidate for game of the season. OK, there are horrible defending here and there but the end to end attacks add to the excitement.
Games like this one are why it's the best in the world, strictly in terms of entertainment value. I'm surprised Arsenal still managed to score three, their squad is mostly the same. Wenger still has his work cut out for him.

Fuck off Wenger, fuck off Arsenal, fuck this shit like wtf, how can Arsenal be so turd again and again. Congrats Liverpool, you can fuck off too for now. I'm off to do my start of season ritual after the first game of every season of banging my head repeatedly against the wall.
To be fair, half your players are missing and you are forced to rely on an inexperienced backline.

Games like this one are why it's the best in the world, strictly in terms of entertainment value. I'm surprised Arsenal still managed to score three, their squad is mostly the same. Wenger still has his work cut out for him.
Well, we had Moreno at LB. Also, we still can't defend set-pieces

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Nearly everyone expects United to win the title, they're at the top in almost every fan's predictons, but after watching Mourinho's first game in charge of United in it's entirety, I feel like they won't win it unless every other top team challenging for the title has a defensive crisis, like when we last won the title despite being average to below average in attack for most of the season. And watching them yesterday, I felt like I was watching our team from the second half of that season, and last season, without the leaky back four. United kept passing the ball around as if they were already defending a lead, creating only half chances at best and Bournemouth gradually grew into the game until a stupid back pass led to the goal that gave United the lead. I just get the feeling that Mourinho hasn't changed his negative tactics, or his boring formula. That being said, I am aware that the season has only just begun and one game is too little to go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)