2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Honestly feel bad for Wigan. They blew leads against Spurs and now Swansea, they could have been at 40 points..

Fergie retiring at the end of the season. Make of it what you will but I think you have to call one of, if the best manager of all time.

They need to make the big signings now if they want to stay top.. only Ferguson knows how to manage this team and lets face it it has many Mediocre players Or too young to be considered top class yet.

Rooney, Van Persie are the only ones i would consider world class.

Vidic would definitely be up there but he's had a bad season that was plagued with injury and you can only see him going downwards from here. Ferdinand is no longer what he used to be and the same goes for evra. In Midfield Carrick was phenomenal this season but this was arguably his best season by far and he's aged 31 so you can't rely on him to produce the same next season especially without Sir Alex's managment.

The bright things about this is that Phil Jones is destined for a great career, Rafael has improved dramatically and De Gea is nothing like he was at the start of the season. I think Phil Jones is ready to step in for Ferdinand. and if the rumours are true David moyes is going there he might be able to convince Leighton baines to come with him. That would make for an upgrade in the defensive line which was arguably their worst department this season. Early season they've been conceding goals left and right.

In Midfield I think they need a make over because like i said I don't think carrick will produce the same stellar season he produced this year.. But I personally think David Moyes will back him up and stick with him but if not getting Ilkay Gundogan from Dortmund isn't a bad idea but otherwise sticking to Carrick is also ok. However I think the manchester united midfield lacks Steel. and as i said before if david moyes is comming he can also bring in Fellaini. Also In My opinion they need one HUGE signing to give them the edge on the wing. Valencia is not bad, but they'd need a LM that can make the difference and i think Manchester United can easily fund a move(By Selling the fringe players) for Ronaldo or Bale to join them with Bale being the more realistic target.

In my opinion up front doesn't need any work, after all they've got the sensational Van Persie and reliable Rooney. However if Rooney leaves i think Kagawa is perfectly fine as a replacement and they can use the Rooney money and Fringe players money to Spend on: Gundogan, Baines, Fellaini, Bale/Ronaldo (3/4 is fine but Bale or Ronaldo imo are a must).

Their team should look like this:

De Gea
Rafael Jones Vidic Baines
Fellaini Carrick
Valencia Rooney Bale
Van Persie

sorry if this post was too long.. I really just get way too into it when the topic is about football :P Im just so passionate about it that i've never posted something this long :/ and im surprised only after typing how much i wrote.

Moyes seems to be the favourite.

phalanx's dream of seeing Fellaini in a Man utd shirt might come true. hoof it up to the big belgian. they'll love that at old trafford!

Moyes has little european experiance, and has no experiance with anything resembling a transfer budget.
just no -_-
Moyes and Rooney also do not get on.

Moyes has little european experiance, and has no experiance with anything resembling a transfer budget.
just no -_-
What experience did Andre Villas Boas have when he won the Europa league? None. David Moyes has been managing for 11 years with a limited budget and still made a great team out of everton, so imagine what he can do with good amount of money. And if your next arguement will be the ''champions league is different from europa league''.. What kind of experience does a manager need exactly? to me this is what makes europe different: Rotating players to make sure their fit for all competitions.. and he's played the europa league to know how to do that. If you will say ''he never had experience managing against top level sides'' He's played against manchester united, chelsea, liverpool, arsenal for 11 whole years. What experience did Leonardo have when he gave that ass whooping to bayern munich with inter in 2011? what experience did guardiola have in europe when he went on to win 6 different trophies in a single first season WITHOUT ANY MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE EVER.

imo ''no experience in europe'' is just plain bullshit.

I'm more concerned about Utd's squad. Basically everything Masterclass said.

Even two seasons ago people were saying Utd's squad looked a bit short, and with Scholes and possibly Giggsy retiring too there are a lot of holes needing to be filled in the team. Is Anderson and Cleverly good enough? What happened to Ashley Young? What will happen to Nani and Valencia? There are issues in midfield and it'll be hard for a new manager to plug them straight away (in a expected to win the title and CL kinda way; it's a fantastic team to inherit if only CL or mid-table finish was expected!)

Jose could bring back CR7, try and buy Bale.

you see Moyes got to europe, and lost in the qualifying stages of the champions league.

i'm more concerned about the tranfers.
I want Bale not Pienaar, CR7 not obscure russians no one can say.

just no -_-
but he could get you a world class central midfielder in fellaini !!!1!1

Darron gibson as well. here's the midfield sorted

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hopefully United gets a manager who stops wasting Kagawa potential :x

The Sir's time is over, so this is the best desicion for United.

But Mourinho won't come, he will go to Chelsea. But I think he would be the wrong man anyways

why won't he, apparantly talks stalled between them.

Fellaini would be used as attacking with Moyes.. not defence, Rooney would probably leave, freeing up Kagawas slot.... o no Fellaini is in it.
>.>

On a serious note, the problem with David Moyes isn't that he isn't good enough or that he doesn't have experience in Europe. The issue is that the appointment won't be popular with the supporters.

I agree with everyone else mentioning the quality of the squad. It's no secret that Ferguson has massively overachieved with this squad. Moyes (and anyone else that isn't named Alex ferguson) won't be able to be that successful with the current squad.

If he gets the job, he needs to invest massively in the summer. I don't see it happening and if he looses a couple of matches, the supporters might turn on him. They're already disgusted with it.

I hope Moyes is appointed. Destroys both Everton and Man Utd, lmao xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)