2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
if it was any other player i would understand but for all his brilliance RVP is a dick - he still gets booed like crazy whenever he comes up here and i think there are a lot of other stadiums that have reasons to treat him the same

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
apparently newcastle fans sang to rvp 'we thought you were dead' hahahaha

also

shame our football cant make the papers

But they shook hands after the match and it's over so move on.

oh and as to this; apparently they didn't shake hands after the game and ashley williams' apology was ignored/rejected by RVP.. ("It's his opinion, he's entitled to it. I understand why Van Persie was angry but I've kicked the ball away in frustration, I wasn't trying to hit him in the head. I tried to say sorry but he wasn't having it. I haven't spoken to him since the game and I didn't shake hands afterwards, but only because I didn't see him. As far as I'm concerned, it's no big deal.")..

yeah. because clearly IF YOU'D EVER BEEN HIT ON THE BACK OF THE HEAD WITH A FOOTBALL etc you'd not shake their hand after the game and you'd ignore their apology afterwards. I realise I'm picking at hairs here but yunno, it's boxing day and i have absolutely nothing better to do

RVP being a cunt confirmed once again today. He elbowed Coloccini in the build up to Man Utd's third equalizer.

and for some reason, he seems to think he is better than he actually is.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Was gonna reply to more Van Persie hate but its pretty clear you guys are just sour about anything and everything United

city lost :D

actually no, I'm not a massive fan of theirs but it's not a problem with a club, it's a problem with comments made by the manager. didn't watch the utd game so i've no idea if he elbowed colo or not.. but yeah it's much easier to just accuse someone of HATING YOUR CLUB FOREVER instead of engaging with them, siege mentality and all that

good performance today, considering you could call our midfield arguably second string. wonder if jonas was dropped or injured. actually of course he was injured - pardew would never drop jonas

i think we got a lot out of that game even if it was a cruel way to lose

oh yeah, ive noticed over the last few seasons the team always steps up against rvp, i think theres some dislike towards him. hes always involved in little spats and off the ball incidents against us. i dont know if this is the case for him all the time as i usually only watch highlights of other teams games (for example the highlights i saw of mufcs last game didnt even show rvps brush with death) but yeah.. hes always up to something vs us

i swear a part of me dies everytime i see shelvey on the teamsheet

if he's gonna be a lazy fucker on the pitch, he should have the talent to back it up, which he clearly doesn't. i understand berba and Ibra but shelvey? ever since that england call-up he's got even worse

terrible defending by Agger and Skrtel. they got destroyed by the great benteke a week ago and now against the world class forward Kenwyne jones

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
except i (and many, many others) hated Van Persie when he was at Arsenal

he's at the perfect club now <3
Lucky you.Think about those of us who held him in high regard when he was at Arsenal........It's hell :(

Can't wait for the transfer window to open.It's going to be so exciting.

^ i can confirm this. i stubbed my toe and only cried for 20 minutes

rvp is acting like a lil bitch
Did you just compare someone kicking a fucking football at your head while you're on the ground with stubbing your toe? Even if it's a joke, you're an absolute retard whose likes have rarely been seen on Smogon.

Did you just compare someone kicking a fucking football at your head while you're on the ground with stubbing your toe? Even if it's a joke, you're an absolute retard whose likes have rarely been seen on Smogon.

strong avatar to post content correlation (BAN ME PLEASE).
now crawl back into your hole

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anyone who believes that Ashley Williams hitting van Persie in the head with the ball was not intentional is an idiot. The fact he could be interviewed after the game and with such a straight face and say that he didn't mean to do it amazes me. Sure, it might not be as serious a threat to injuring someone as certain people have made out, but it was intentional and the apology should have been for actually doing it with intent. Not a half-hearted apology and lying through your teeth to boot.

I like Swansea, but that was sour.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't even give a shit but some of the posts in this thread are ridiculous haha. A draw was a fair result in Wales (just about), but we've got another 3 points now, City lost, I'm happy. United will probably run away with it this time - I just hope that now we have all of our central defenders fit there will be some kind of consistency at the back (and that our attacking players aren't out for too long either)!

"Alan Pardew has come out and criticised me. He is the worst at haranguing referees. He shoves them and makes a joke of it. How he can criticise me is unbelievable. He forgets the help I gave him, by the way.

"I was demonstrative but I was not out of order. The press have had a field day. The only person they have not spoken to is Barack Obama because he is busy.

"It’s because I’m the manager of the most famous club in the world. I’m not like Newcastle, a wee club in the north east, but that’s life.

"There was no ranting and raving from me. I was demonstrative. I am always demonstrative. Everyone knows that. I am an emotional guy. But I was not abusive.

"I shouted Mike over. We walked towards each other. I was only on (the pitch) three or four yards. That has been overplayed.

"The problem for me is that the profile of this club is huge.
this will go down well

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
hahaha

although fergie is right in part, alan pardew forfeited his right to make comment on other manager's behaviour after he pushed that official. still, fergie is a prick too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)